FM5 Title Update 2

M.I.A
All info in this weeks W-I-R

The latest content update for Forza Motorsport 5 is coming soon! This update will bring some momentous feature additions to Forza 5, including new race modes such as drag racing and multiplayer “Tag.” In addition, this update will bring some important adjustments to the Forza Motorsport 5 economy, including increasing the amount of credits earned for racing and lowering the prices of the best cars in the game. This content update, which will also include numerous other game improvements, is a significant addition to the Forza 5 experience. With the update currently in certification and awaiting final release, here’s a detailed look at the changes coming your way very soon.

Drag Racing
First up, we’re adding two significant game modes to Forza 5: drag racing and multiplayer “Tag.” Drag racing in Forza Motorsport 5 is the ultimate test of car tuning, reflexes, and pure power, and you’ll be able to take your favorite drag-tuned rides to the Airfield track and test their mettle on quarter-mile, half-mile, and full-mile drag strips. Drag racing will be available in both Free Play and in Multiplayer game modes.

Multiplayer is where drag racing comes alive in Forza Motorsport 5. No need to argue which car is quickest – grab your friends and your meanest drag cars and settle the issue the way it was meant to be settled: on the strip. In addition to support for drag racing for up to 16 players in a single lobby via one-on-one heats, we’re also adding support for eight-player drag races, where all eight cars are on track at the same time on quarter-mile, half-mile, or full-mile strips. At the launch of the content update, we will have two drag racing hoppers available online: Ultimate Drag (for tuned cars of any class) and Ultimate Drag RWD (rear-wheel drive only, any class is eligible).

Tag Mode
The other big feature addition to Forza Motorsport 5 is the introduction of Tag. Tag is about as far as you can get from the traditional racing and drifting found in traditional Forza online competition. In short, Tag is about pure automotive mayhem, full of action-packed driving, huge wrecks, and lots of strategy. Tag is only available in multiplayer in Forza 5 and comes in three distinct flavors:

• Keep the It: One player begins the match as “It.” The goal is for the “It” player to keep “It” status for as long as possible. “It” status transfers each time someone makes contact with the “It” player. Once the match timer has completed, the player with the most “It” time wins.
  • Tag Virus – One player begins the match as “It.” Each time an “It” player makes contact with another car, the “It” status spreads like a virus. The last uninfected player standing wins the match.
  • Pass the It: Similar to “Keep the It”, one player begins a “Pass the It” match with “It” status. “It” status transfers each time someone makes contact with the “It.” At the end of the match, the player with the least amount of “It” time wins.

When the update goes live, we’ll have three multiplayer hoppers available for “Tag” fans: S-Class Virus, A-Class Keep the It, and A-Class Pass the It.

Economy Changes
This content update includes the first wave of adjustments to the Forza 5 economy, which we initially announced in early December. These adjustments are based on player behavior within the game, as well as feedback received from the Forza Motorsport community. First of all, we are dramatically increasing the rate at which credits are being earned in the game. For example, driver level payouts have more than doubled (from just over 15,000 credits to 35,000 credits). Players using average difficulty settings will also see approximately a 60 percent increase in credits earned per hour of play -- a number that can dramatically increase by upping the Drivatar difficulty and assist settings used during races. Wherever your skill level lies, however, you’ll be earning more credits per hour in Forza Motorsport 5 to spend on the cars that matter most to you.

In addition to increasing the payout, we have also reduced the price of the best cars in the game. In fact, the cumulative price of all on-disc cars in the game has decreased by 45 percent. To use a specific example, the Ferrari 250 GTO, one of the most expensive cars in Forza Motorsport 5, will cost 2 million credits after the content update, down from 6 million credits when the game launched. By comparison, that same car cost 10 million credits in Forza Motorsport 4.

By increasing the amount of credits available to players and lowering the prices of cars, it’s never been easier to earn the best cars in the game; in fact, thanks to these economy updates, Forza 5 will be able to earn their dream cars in approximately one-fifth the amount of time it took to earn those same cars in Forza 4. Naturally the most exclusive cars in the game will still take some strategy (and some saving) to acquire, but these changes mean that even the fastest cars in the game are now within every Forza 5 player’s reach.

Wheel Improvements
Finally, this content update will add various improvements across a number of different aspects of the game, including some upgrades for those playing Forza 5 with force feedback wheels like the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition. With the update, players will be able to change the max degree of rotation (up to 270 degrees) within the game, and we have increased the maximum amount of available force feedback for wheels.

This is our first content update for Forza Motorsport 5, but it won’t be the last. We’re committed to listening to feedback from the Forza Motorsport community and will continue to improve the game with updates in the future. As always, let us know what you think on the forums, we want to hear what you have to say!

Wow, they really do know how to listen to their community...
The+Rock+Clapping.gif

The only thing on there that didn't get me excited was the drag racing, and that's just because it's not really my thing. Glad to see tag is back again, it was a good chance to play with my "fun" cars that aren't competitive in their class. Extra tag modes should be fun, too.

And personally I prefer this over just making all of the cars available in free race. Getting a high end car will feel like an achievement without requiring days worth of penny-pinching.

Addressing wheel feedback is great too, even if it may be a while before that's something that effects me.

While the idea of 8-car drag races is enticing (something like this ), I get the feeling they didn't actually enhance the drag racing experience. Prove me wrong, T10!

Even thought drag racing isn't really my thing, it would be nice to see them put some real improvement into it.

That's pretty cool. Add a couple of nice features, fix what is probably the most "broken" part of the game. Very nice T10.

Hmmm - :odd: -
Update
With the update, players will be able to change the max degree of rotation (up to 270 degrees) within the game, and we have increased the maximum amount of available force feedback for wheels.

I am pretty sure we have more than 270* rotation right now. Is this suggesting limiting the rotation to 270*??

Hmmm - :odd: -

I am pretty sure we have more than 270* rotation right now. Is this suggesting limiting the rotation to 270*??

No we will be able to adjust the degrees of rotation from 270 to 900 in game. Right now can only do it on the wheel.

Anyone tried the TX wheel after the update? I got on last night but didn't have an update, just curious how it feels. I think Thrustmaster was to be pushing a firmware update too in December but not positive about that.

I think part if this update may have dropped this morning. The Lotus F1 car costs 2M now, and I got a level up payout of >30K.

Still no drag racing that I can find, but maybe incremental (and with minimal fanfare) updates are what we should expect with this gen of Xbox.

Anyone tried the TX wheel after the update? I got on last night but didn't have an update, just curious how it feels. I think Thrustmaster was to be pushing a firmware update too in December but not positive about that.

Update seems to have made no appreciable difference - you can now adjust rotation angle in menu or on the wheel.

The patch has however ruined in car camera replays - the cockpit steering wheel doesn't turn during replays.

Looks really stupid now with the wheel dead straight and the car weaving about.

Don't T10 even bother QA testing their work?

That's strange, the wheel moves just fine in my replays.

That's strange, the wheel moves just fine in my replays.

The wheel does not move in any current replays. Tested it again over a number of cars/tracks combo. The steering wheel in the replays wiggles left and right about 2 degrees. It appears that the 3D model movement is bound but some restriction.

Do you use a TX wheel or controller?

The wheel does not move in any current replays. Tested it again over a number of cars/tracks combo. The steering wheel in the replays wiggles left and right about 2 degrees. It appears that the 3D model movement is bound but some restriction.

Do you use a TX wheel or controller?
I'm using a controller. I guess it only affects TX users, sorry for misreading the original post.

Last edited:
Did some more testing. It appears that after the patch, only races using the controller will replay the steering wheel telemetry.

Any replays. new or saved of races using the TX wheel will not replay the steering wheel telemetry.

Hope they fix it soon.

Its even worse - many cars now no longer even have a moving steering wheel during game play.

Last edited:
So has the update been released as I dont remember seeing a prompt for an update?

I think it just happens on the XBone. There was some sort of 'download finished' prompt after I fired Forza up the other day. It surprised me - I went to check if there was an option to turn of 'auto updates' but I could not find any.

I may have noticed this because we had Comcast issues that day and I started playing without being logged into Xbox live.

Then I saw the prices of cars had been reduced etc. So it appeared the game was suddenly patched.

I think it just happens on the XBone. There was some sort of 'download finished' prompt after I fired Forza up the other day. It surprised me - I went to check if there was an option to turn of 'auto updates' but I could not find any.

I may have noticed this because we had Comcast issues that day and I started playing without being logged into Xbox live.

Then I saw the prices of cars had been reduced etc. So it appeared the game was suddenly patched.
Ok cool thanks for the reply. I thought I noticed the prices of cars go down but couldn't remember the patch.

Latest Posts

Back