FM5 Title Update 2

The steering wheel bug is prevalent in Forzavista too. I bought a Mustang for a career race this morning and noticed that the steering wheel was dead straight but the tyres were turned.

The steering wheel bug is prevalent in Forzavista too. I bought a Mustang for a career race this morning and noticed that the steering wheel was dead straight but the tyres were turned.

This bug is present in Forza Horizon 2 as well.

In car replay view from a Controller game has wheel telemetry and wheel animation, but in car replay view of a TX wheel raced event has no wheel movement.

Almost a year gone by and the Forza Dev Teams still do not test their stuff.

There's a lot more wrong with the replays than just a steering wheel display bug. Ghosts don't display properly in my Rivals replays either. Instead of going round the track they just stay still in one position.

It doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game much but I hope they fix the replays in FM6.

True there is a lot more broken - the actual front wheels in FH2 don't move very much either.

I think decent replays are a key element of the game, specially for those of us that enjoy making videos of interesting races etc.. It detracts a lot from the actual game play, as part of play value is simply kicking back and watching a great race replay.

The thing is that this was not a bug during the first 30 days or so of FM5 - it appeared after they patched the 270* vs. 900* issue that was happening.

It is directly related to the use of a wheel during a race. It appears the game does not record the steering telemetry if a wheel is used, so there is not data to read during the replay.

If you use a controller, then no such issue.

Ghosts in replays also used to work way back in the beginning of FM5.

Back