• 95 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Since we already have a few general discussion threads, I thought we could sort out the League chatter. I've dived into the Beginner League now since it's open 1PM-1AM. Collisions are off in this one, and so far, I'm a little concerned: people are still blatantly cutting at Yas, for example. Sure, that'll probably stop as they get to higher up leagues and it doesn't fly there, but it's disappointing now.

Share your thoughts here, I'm going to expand this OP with the in-game details once I'm done this session.

I was worried about that as soon as others were happy about "sticky" grass taken from the game where people cut corners. There is even a dedicated thread about it. While the sticky grass could be annoying, it was mostly there to prevent cheating from happening. I am now also a bit concerned about this.

Regardless I refuse to cut corners in any game. Yes even when this was happening in GT, I refused to cut corners. I will run in last place before I cheat. Hopefully that is somehow resolved.

If collisions are off then it seems like they could set the winners up to only the ones that have a certified lap? Or are people still able to draft?

Im also running in the league in my little Fiesta Xr2.

I would like to know more about how the ratings works. And there should be a scoreboard somewhere?

Also i cant decide if i should pretend racing, or just go hotlapping with multiple ghosts?

The scoreboard is available from the main League screen, but I'm not sure how points are given out.

Saw a lot of cutting at Bugatti circuit too. Did manage a win at the Glen, which was nice.

Okay i see it now, im allready at 4900 points, and it looks like the next division is at 15.000 points?

I did 4 races, got two times 4th place, one 3rd and a last place.

Do you get more points for certified laps? If people are running dirty laps but still getting first, they should get less points. If it is currently set up to run ghost laps with no collisions, then a dirty lap, should instantly reduce your points by a huge margin IMO. Still bums me out they removed the sticky grass where people cut. So far this is the only real bad news I have heard about F6. :(

Can you or does it seem like you can eventually set up your own leagues? A GTP invite league would be the salve to randomer corner cutting.

VXR
Can you or does it seem like you can eventually set up your own leagues? A GTP invite league would be the salve to randomer corner cutting.

Nope, these look to be T10-controlled only.

Did some more league racing tonight. Managed five wins, three with the ND and two with a Boss 302 (speed-heavy tracks). Still no idea how the scoring is factored. I'm sitting at 38th out of 1834, with 16,300 points versus 45,400 for 1st (and 40,600 for second). I'm also already classified as the top tier (Pinnacle) for the B Class league when it opens Monday. Bizarre.

Did some more league racing tonight. Managed five wins, three with the ND and two with a Boss 302 (speed-heavy tracks). Still no idea how the scoring is factored. I'm sitting at 38th out of 1834, with 16,300 points versus 45,400 for 1st (and 40,600 for second). I'm also already classified as the top tier (Pinnacle) for the B Class league when it opens Monday. Bizarre.
Ah I hope that is an awesome sign that your ranking in one league carries over or at least influences other leagues.

I don't like that the leagues shout down for the night. I kinda understand why they do, but it sucks because with my current schedule it leaves me 2-3 hrs a day I can play leagues.

I don't like that the leagues shout down for the night. I kinda understand why they do, but it sucks because with my current schedule it leaves me 2-3 hrs a day I can play leagues.
When they open up more leagues, hopefully there will be a league at all times of the day so everybody can have the chance to play something.

Where did you find the information about being classified for the new league?

My results from the league play over the weekend. This is a copy and paste from the review thread.

Spent quite a few hours in league play. Truly enjoyed it so far. The tracks are pre-selected and you have maybe 45 seconds before races. The first available was with no collisions. Great way to start. I usually ended up placing somewhere in the middle of the group. Makes sense because I would say I am an average racer. I am not exactly sure how this system works but there were a few corner cutting issues. In fact on Lemans Bugatti circuit there is a section where everyone, besides myself, cuts. NO joke, when the race ends I am usually the only person that has a certified lap on this track. When we are racing ghosts with no collisions, the person with a certified lap, should be above anyone without a certified lap. Period. Hopefully that is taken into account when placing the ranks for leagues. Other than the Bugatti circuit on Lemans, the cutting isn't that bad. Just mainly that track. Especially in the rain.

If this system really starts putting us with players of our own skill level, that will be wonderful for sure.

Whoa. So the first league is complete, and I'm about to take an exploratory few races in the now-opened one, but I just thought I'd comment on the credit payout: for placing 235 out of 5880 racers, I've been given 970,000.

Nice.

Whoa. So the first league is complete, and I'm about to take an exploratory few races in the now-opened one, but I just thought I'd comment on the credit payout: for placing 235 out of 5880 racers, I've been given 970,000.

Nice.
I'm curious what I got, I was in the top 500 before I went to work at 2pm mountain time, so if it closed already at 7:09pm... So it's something stupid like 7:00am to 7:00pm?

Damn that's stupid. Unless I switch to nights full-time (lol no) I would only have 2 hrs a day to play in leagues except on weekends.

Nice.
I was pleasantly surprised how well I placed!! That's coming from an average racer at best. But I made sure not to corner cut. I guess all those certified laps really paid off. 94 out of 5880. $985,000. :sly:

place.jpg

I'm curious what I got, I was in the top 500 before I went to work at 2pm mountain time, so if it closed already at 7:09pm... So it's something stupid like 7:00am to 7:00pm?

Damn that's stupid. Unless I switch to nights full-time (lol no) I would only have 2 hrs a day to play in leagues except on weekends.
Yes that's a bummer. I didn't even get a chance to play the new league last night. Oh well. This is very new to T10 so I am sure there will be a LOT of hopper changes in the next few weeks / months.

I said yesterday in Relaxed Chat (I think) that I thought the league rooms were a bit less crashy-bashy than the non-league rooms

I take it back. They're as nutty in the leagues as they are everywhere else :mad:

I would imagine even more so as there is an extra incentive to win over just regular multiplayer.

I'm not sure how it picks the starting grid, but i was lucky enough to be near the front in the few races i was able to get in. All i could hear was cursing and crashing behind me.

I'm not sure how it picks the starting grid, but i was lucky enough to be near the front in the few races i was able to get in. All i could hear was cursing and crashing behind me.

I class myself as unlucky if I start near the front because unless you're in something which has crazy acceleration you have to trust so many people to actually use their brakes for once, in fact if it's a medium sized grid I drop to the back and by the second corner I'm usually back where I started or better.

Gave the spec Ford GT league a go earlier and wasn't impressed by some of the driving so will return to standard multiplayer. Don't know if I just got a bad bunch of players but they showed no sign of awareness when I was alongside or even had half my car in front, and certainly didn't mind pushing me off road as I tried to pass.

The driving is insane in leagues, I've at least seen 1-5 accidents in each race. I will be honest being over eager (and a fan of rallycross) Ive given some people a few bumps, but if I completely ruin them, I stop and penalize myself and let them by.

I class myself as unlucky if I start near the front because unless you're in something which has crazy acceleration you have to trust so many people to actually use their brakes for once, in fact if it's a medium sized grid I drop to the back and by the second corner I'm usually back where I started or better.

Gave the spec Ford GT league a go earlier and wasn't impressed by some of the driving so will return to standard multiplayer. Don't know if I just got a bad bunch of players but they showed no sign of awareness when I was alongside or even had half my car in front, and certainly didn't mind pushing me off road as I tried to pass.

The rocket ships in the back were taking out the guys in the middle of the pack, I was double lucky.

Last edited:
I Just think it needs alittle time to calm down, game has´nt even been released worldwide yet. But these crashfests get old pretty quick. I just hope the true racers will keep going strong. I had some very good races if we dont look at first lap.

Edit.
And we cant really blame new players, if they learned racing from the drivatars.

All of MP is appalling. I've no idea what the solution. Right now I don't think there is one. Leagues will be a complete failure at this rate.
Leagues rewards to much for it to fail.

Not going to lie though, disappointed in the way Leagues turned out.

I thought it was replacing online Multiplayer in general be more like UFC online. Like high positions and fewer collisions/penalties give more points until you "level up", going to blue belt and not facing any whitebelts unless there was no blue belts online. Getting low positions or crashing a lot makes you lose points, possibly dropping a belt.

Instead it's just limited time hoppers with rewards at the end. The weird schedules they have could also screw over tons of players.

How did people get notified of their payout for the first league. I finished in 30th position but haven't had any info about a payout.

Nothing there, I've already checked. I also don't seem to have had this 2.2 gig update people are talking about??!
I didn't get it last night either so I assume it downloaded while the machine was in standby.

Back