FM6 Leagues Discussion

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 95 comments
Considering what's on the line this week, figured I'd bump this.

I doubt I'll get the Ferrari this week: I forgot I'm in the top class in Leagues! :lol:

I'm way off pace with these monsters, typically three seconds or more per lap. After a bunch of races where I've never finished further than two spots from the bottom, I'm in the top 87% of players, heh.

I hope I'm dropped down a league soon. Even when I've done poorly in one before, I've never been bumped.

(EDIT) A handful of races later, with a fuller lobby, has me at 60%. About to head into a six lap race on a rainy Sebring Club, which will surely be a nightmare.

Last edited:
Considering what's on the line this week, figured I'd bump this.

I doubt I'll get the Ferrari this week: I forgot I'm in the top class in Leagues! :lol:

I'm way off pace with these monsters, typically three seconds or more per lap. After a bunch of races where I've never finished further than two spots from the bottom, I'm in the top 87% of players, heh.

I hope I'm dropped down a league soon. Even when I've done poorly in one before, I've never been bumped.

(EDIT) A handful of races later, with a fuller lobby, has me at 60%. About to head into a six lap race on a rainy Sebring Club, which will surely be a nightmare.
My effort today lines up pretty well with yours :lol:

How many people are in each of your divisions so far? In the almighty enthusiast league, there's 471 so far. I'm 12th and have 18500 points. It's pretty easy, but there are some high levels and I've noticed several really fast drivers. I guess they just started playing online recently too. The top guy has almost 80,000 points, but he wins a lot, he's no slouch at all. Some guy from Germany.

I've only noticed a couple races where there was blatant wrecking going on. In one, some dirtbag was positioning himself in the middle of turns and on the straightaways right before the pack would come through.

Last edited:
Last time I checked it was around 600. The top guy had 65000, with many others in low 60s and high 50s.

Where does it tell you which division you're in? :confused::embarrassed::lol:
On the left hand side in the league menu screen. It's possible to be in a different division in different leagues. I'm in professional in some, and enthusiast in others.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
How many people are in each of your divisions so far? In the almighty enthusiast league, there's 471 so far. I'm 12th and have 18500 points. It's pretty easy, but there are some high levels and I've noticed several really fast drivers. I guess they just started playing online recently too. The top guy has almost 80,000 points, but he wins a lot, he's no slouch at all. Some guy from Germany.

In pinnacle there was about 430 when I last looked, I have about 16,000 points and I'm roughly 100th, our leader is already over 110,000 points. At the moment the 50% margin lies at about 5000 points in our division.

There is 846 in enthusiast league, and position 423 has a whopping 1,600 points. I've only raced 4 league races today and I'm still in the top 4%. When I do race I've been finding the smaller rooms. There's a bunch of super low levels, levels under 30, and in the full rooms it has become a wreck fest. So I'll probably only race a few each day unless needed. There are a couple tracks that I've noticed are way worse with fuller rooms too. Yas Marina is one. COTA isn't as bad as I thought, but man if you start up front, you know it's coming for you on that first turn. I've learned to take some creative lines to avoid getting rammed from behind, but that doesn't always work when the pinball machine gets activated. :lol:

... but man if you start up front, you know it's coming for you on that first turn. I've learned to take some creative lines to avoid getting rammed from behind, but that doesn't always work when the pinball machine gets activated :lol:
Indeed. I had a reasonable start from 3rd at Monza short yesterday. Got into second and then turned into turn 1...

Bang, bang, bang!!! Recover, settle. Bang, bang, bang!!! Crazy. Annoying. Kind of funny too though :lol:

The first corner/lap crashing is still a bit frustrating but for the most part I'm enjoying this Can-Am league.

Had a great moment when I raced against someone (whom I'd been racing in the league for a bit) who was using the Lola livery I made! That was a first for me, and it was good because he/she is a clean racer :)

About a dozen races in, yet to have a clean race. See people cutting a bunch of turns at Bugatti Circuit. I was punted into the wall at the chicane at Nurb GP. Had a guy side swipe me off the start at another track. Everybody just cut the second last turn, side swiping anybody who was taking it properly.

It's hard to justify trying to drive like a human being when you're surrounded by a bunch of idiots. And they'll almost always have a three-letter club acronym out front. Would expect better from these sorts.

I have not played F6 in a couple months (I blame Fallout 4, Halo 5, BO3, The Crew, and many other great games). I spent a couple hours in ghost leagues over the weekend. Had a great time. I only had a couple cars that were eligible for the restrictions. So I was mostly in my "Oversize" limo. :lol:

About a dozen races in, yet to have a clean race. See people cutting a bunch of turns at Bugatti Circuit. I was punted into the wall at the chicane at Nurb GP. Had a guy side swipe me off the start at another track. Everybody just cut the second last turn, side swiping anybody who was taking it properly.

It's hard to justify trying to drive like a human being when you're surrounded by a bunch of idiots. And they'll almost always have a three-letter club acronym out front. Would expect better from these sorts.
I've noticed the racing getting worse over the past couple of days in enthusiast division. I think it will progressively through the week because of last minute people finding out about the Ferrari. I have plenty of points so if I go to a lobby, I won't race certain tracks in a full room now. Mainly I've been looking for rooms with 6-12 people, that's where I'm having the most fun.

Last edited:
I've noticed the racing get worse over the past couple of days in enthusiast division. I think it will progressively through the week because of last minute people finding out about the Ferrari. I have plenty of points so if I go to a lobby, I won't race certain tracks in a full room now. Mainly I've been looking for rooms with 6-12 people, that's where I'm having the most fun.

I'm definitely not at the pace to challenge the front runners, but I'm a solid mid-packer in Pinnacle. But constantly getting wrecked means I'm always in the bottom 5. I just want some relatively close racing.

I'm in the top 40% now, so I can afford to be a little more selective when it comes to tracks and room size. But this is just ridiculous.

I'm definitely not at the pace to challenge the front runners, but I'm a solid mid-packer in Pinnacle. But constantly getting wrecked means I'm always in the bottom 5. I just want some relatively close racing.
Mid-pack is the worst place to be at in those races, especially with a high grid count. I tried one race yesterday and got punted around for the first 4 turns. Ended up quitting mid race. As I quit my car continued rolling straight into someone, and I don't care one bit as it was the guy that tried to cut me on the inside of the turn, as if he had some sort of magic line he was trying to approach.

I'm also in pinnacle.

The driving quality went downhill massively last night in Elite...

Between being rear ended by people who either couldn't pass or had just been passed I was getting side-swiped by people cutting corners. Very frustrating, and I ended giving a little bit back towards the people who were wrecking me each race (sorry).

But at least the lobby had a consistent 18-22 people so even when you finish 11th or so, you'd still get a decent amount of points. I think I was in the top 15% when I stopped last night (214th out of 17xx), with a bit over 20,000 points. 50% was at 3,400 last I checked so I should be safe now :)

Seems to be a lot of heated discussion about the gifting of this Ferrari 312p as a prize car for the top 50% of this league race.

I'm very cynical about this as it seems that this car was in Forza 5. Did anyone actually care about this car? Did anyone remember it?

So basically Turn10 have a treasure chest full of cars in Forza 5 but not in Forza 6 that they will 'gift' to us as a dripfeed for online activities?

The problem for me is that I dont have a lot of 'affection' for these cars that they think we should want.

Do I want the Lykan Hypersport? No. Do I care too much for a lot of the alleged 'significant' cars of motorsport history? Not really. That Maserati GT-LM Pro car? That Dominos indycar? These 1960s LMPs? Not really?

If Turn 10 actually came up with an all new model and presented it as a prize, ok but this?

Seems to be a lot of heated discussion about the gifting of this Ferrari 312p as a prize car for the top 50% of this league race.

I'm very cynical about this as it seems that this car was in Forza 5. Did anyone actually care about this car? Did anyone remember it?

So basically Turn10 have a treasure chest full of cars in Forza 5 but not in Forza 6 that they will 'gift' to us as a dripfeed for online activities?

The problem for me is that I dont have a lot of 'affection' for these cars that they think we should want.

Do I want the Lykan Hypersport? No. Do I care too much for a lot of the alleged 'significant' cars of motorsport history? Not really. That Maserati GT-LM Pro car? That Dominos indycar? These 1960s LMPs? Not really?

If Turn 10 actually came up with an all new model and presented it as a prize, ok but this?
Something brand new to the franchise would be preferable, yes. But hey-tiddle, its another car so I'll have it :D

I find the fastest guys are generally nice to race with once you're past the starting chaos phase, they are a lot more confident in their control of the car so they know when they can pull off an overtake and when it's not worth it, there are 2 or 3 of the 3 letter acronym guys I won't name who I don't have any respect for after seeing how they drive but most of them are clean racers. Middle of the pack is always going to be chaotic because it tends to be more packed and you have the slower guys who escaped at the start moving back, and the faster guys moving forwards and there can be a big difference in abilities even within the pinnacle division.

I did try to do a race yesterday and found that the quality of driving has dropped quite a lot, I tend to take a more passive approach in leagues where I don't push too hard to overtake someone unless I know they can keep control of their car (if they're struggling they usually make a big mistake soon enough), and if someone faster comes up behind I find a convenient spot where I can let them by without losing much time which usually benefits me because I get someone faster to follow and they are now first in line for any chaos ahead. Even with my passive approach I was still getting hit more often than usual, occasionally by people short cutting and having no regards for people sticking to the track.

At least now I know if they ever do this top 50% thing again I just need to race as much as possible the first 2 or 3 days for the least frustrating experience.

--

Honestly if it's between having this car as a reward for online activity or having it included in the paid pack I'd much rather this be the reward and they keep the all new cars for packs as it wouldn't feel right to have a car never before seen in Forza limited to only people who can achieve something, especially when you have to dedicate a certain amount of time to achieve it and it relies on online racing.

On to the car itself, I didn't drive the 312 P much in FM5 as I stopped racing the higher classes as much and focused on C and D classes because I found the racing cleaner but I remember the car in FM4, when it turned up it pretty much took over all of the more handling based leaderboards within R3 class overnight, even with the default setup it was one of the fastest cars available. I drove this car a lot offline and it was great fun as well, stuck to the track like glue but in a way that felt satisfying to drive. I'm interested to see how the handling compares now we've reached FM6, I'm predicting it will be slightly more difficult to drive, like the Can Am cars we already have but hopefully is just as good in the corners as before.

The 1 hour of racing I've done when the league first started has been ebough to keep me at 37%. I'm pretty happy about that. I might get away with no more destruction derby.

I had surprising enjoyable and fast races yesternight, and in fact I never won even one of them,
but the lobby was full of the fastest players and those with most points in league, so it kind of makes sense.
I even saw that league leader was sporting my livery and that kind of felt good too.
Also I have come to make some rather good tunes that chart on l/b for most of the can-am cars, and thats a great progress from my "never even tried driving one canam" previous status :D

Top 15% in the Can-Am league for me, so I'm due a Ferrari :cool:

I hear it's early next week we get it, is that right?

They're not any worse than the hopper races :lol:

I dunno, I've had a fair amount of clean racing in D Class. Maybe the higher classes attract more idiots?

I even saw that league leader was sporting my livery and that kind of felt good too.

I saw that the other day and forgot to mention it! 👍

This definitely helped my McLaren affinity. Pretty sure it's maxed, or just about, which would make it my fifth at 25.

I found the races would fill out in the final hour they would be open. I thought I'd fall further down the ranks as I didn't get to play at all after mid-Wednesday, but it turns out more people were joining up late in the week, so I was actually pushed up the ladder!

I dunno, I've had a fair amount of clean racing in D Class. Maybe the higher classes attract more idiots?
I don't think that it attracts idiots, rather that everyone wants a fast car so you'll likely get more of the less experienced. The ones that tune to slower levels are likely the ones more experienced that have escaped those who build up a car with pure speed, and nothing else.

Back