The date being sooner might have more to do with the PS3 as a whole. I'm sure Sony doesn't want to support the PS3 on the network forever and with a new console out they might not want to be promising that extra year to redeem.I remember, when i've got GT5 pre-order vaucher, there was written i can use the code before December 2013. And as we know, GT6 has been release in this November and GT5 online will shut down soon.
Now, on GT6 AE vauchers i see, "before December 2014". So, i think, GT6 will have much shorter time than GT5. So, most likely GT7 really will be released in the end of the next year... with stopping support for GT6.
Well, may it's coincidence, but who knows.. May be PDI/Sony can plan for several years in advance and follow it.
My AE code expires 2018..The date being sooner might have more to do with the PS3 as a whole. I'm sure Sony doesn't want to support the PS3 on the network forever and with a new console out they might not want to be promising that extra year to redeem.
Made me get up and check mine. 2016 ... Did they just make random expiration dates?My AE code expires 2018..
So I don't need worry psn or GT6 shutdown soon![]()
So if you get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch tell me how you're going to make easy money with no online login in bonus or seasonals?I'm glad pd doing this.
The PS3 will have support until at least 2015 so I'd imagine the servers will still be active for a while yet. I mean, most games support their online component for at least a year after release.The date being sooner might have more to do with the PS3 as a whole. I'm sure Sony doesn't want to support the PS3 on the network forever and with a new console out they might not want to be promising that extra year to redeem.
If I get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch, it's going to be so I can hybrid and use the secret menu to do all of those things you just mentioned. Otherwise, what's the point of playing GT5 when GT6 will a year from now (supposedly) have all of the features GT5 had, but better?So if you get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch tell me how you're going to make easy money with no online login in bonus or seasonals?
With no event creator that pays money based on settings and difficulty GT5 is dead once the servers are dead. So far it is looking like GT6 will have the same fate.
We shouldn't have to depend on servers and PD's events to make decent money in a game that includes over 1000 cars. They should let us decide how to make money with a fully customizable event creator that pays money. This event creator can replace seasonal races (not time trials or drift trials) and arcade mode. It should be trivial for PD to implement this idea.
I don't think a game should be tossed aside just because there is a new version. I understand servers can't stay up forever but games should have some mechanism so that it can be played to its fullest potential offline.TornadoIf I get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch, it's going to be so I can hybrid and use the secret menu to do all of those things you just mentioned. Otherwise, what's the point of playing GT5 when GT6 will a year from now (supposedly) have all of the features GT5 had, but better?
Besides, if GT5 going offline means a better online experience for GT6, everyone should really be all for it.
Before closing down GT5, they should make sure GT6 actually gets the equivalent online features. Didn't they also say just a few months ago that the game still had 300k people playing online or something?
I'm glad pd doing this.