focusing on gt6 and ending gt5 online sevices thoughts??

  • Thread starter Thread starter leigh991
  • 16 comments
  • 1,321 views
Messages
57
United States
Boston MA
Messages
i860killer
Messages
Bajanstig86
I'm glad pd doing this.
 
I just hope they keep their focus on GT6 for a fair amount of time rather than spend efforts trying to jam out GT7 for PS4........
Hopefully people that don't have PS4 plans get a completed product before they move on...
 
The only reason I ponder firing up GT5 is to check sound differences, and to enjoy a Course Maker track or two. Other than that, GT6 is better in every way.
 
I remember, when i've got GT5 pre-order vaucher, there was written i can use the code before December 2013. And as we know, GT6 has been release in this November and GT5 online will shut down soon.
Now, on GT6 AE vauchers i see, "before December 2014". So, i think, GT6 will have much shorter time than GT5. So, most likely GT7 really will be released in the end of the next year... with stopping support for GT6.

Well, may it's coincidence, but who knows.. May be PDI/Sony can plan for several years in advance and follow it.
 
I remember, when i've got GT5 pre-order vaucher, there was written i can use the code before December 2013. And as we know, GT6 has been release in this November and GT5 online will shut down soon.
Now, on GT6 AE vauchers i see, "before December 2014". So, i think, GT6 will have much shorter time than GT5. So, most likely GT7 really will be released in the end of the next year... with stopping support for GT6.

Well, may it's coincidence, but who knows.. May be PDI/Sony can plan for several years in advance and follow it.
The date being sooner might have more to do with the PS3 as a whole. I'm sure Sony doesn't want to support the PS3 on the network forever and with a new console out they might not want to be promising that extra year to redeem.
 
The date being sooner might have more to do with the PS3 as a whole. I'm sure Sony doesn't want to support the PS3 on the network forever and with a new console out they might not want to be promising that extra year to redeem.
My AE code expires 2018..
So I don't need worry psn or GT6 shutdown soon :lol:
 
My AE code expires 2018..
So I don't need worry psn or GT6 shutdown soon :lol:
Made me get up and check mine. 2016 ... Did they just make random expiration dates?
 
I'm glad pd doing this.
So if you get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch tell me how you're going to make easy money with no online login in bonus or seasonals?

With no event creator that pays money based on settings and difficulty GT5 is dead once the servers are dead. So far it is looking like GT6 will have the same fate.

We shouldn't have to depend on servers and PD's events to make decent money in a game that includes over 1000 cars. They should let us decide how to make money with a fully customizable event creator that pays money. This event creator can replace seasonal races (not time trials or drift trials) and arcade mode. It should be trivial for PD to implement this idea.
 
The date being sooner might have more to do with the PS3 as a whole. I'm sure Sony doesn't want to support the PS3 on the network forever and with a new console out they might not want to be promising that extra year to redeem.
The PS3 will have support until at least 2015 so I'd imagine the servers will still be active for a while yet. I mean, most games support their online component for at least a year after release.

Whilst I'm not surprised, I wouldn't say I'm glad PD are doing this - not for those who quite recently bought the game. If I recall, GT5:P got a similar warning of online expiry six months after GT5 arrived, but ended up not getting shut down until a good few months after that.
 
So if you get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch tell me how you're going to make easy money with no online login in bonus or seasonals?

With no event creator that pays money based on settings and difficulty GT5 is dead once the servers are dead. So far it is looking like GT6 will have the same fate.

We shouldn't have to depend on servers and PD's events to make decent money in a game that includes over 1000 cars. They should let us decide how to make money with a fully customizable event creator that pays money. This event creator can replace seasonal races (not time trials or drift trials) and arcade mode. It should be trivial for PD to implement this idea.
If I get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch, it's going to be so I can hybrid and use the secret menu to do all of those things you just mentioned. Otherwise, what's the point of playing GT5 when GT6 will a year from now (supposedly) have all of the features GT5 had, but better?




Besides, if GT5 going offline means a better online experience for GT6, everyone should really be all for it.
 
Part of me is sad that time has come for GT5 , but since GT6 is here it benefits everyone if PD focuses making this one better.
 
GT6 is more enjoyable for me, maybe because I just got a brand new G27. Honestly though I don't care about the fact that the custom course option isn't there YET, I'm just happy with the fact that there's more premiums and the physics area step up! 👍
 
Tornado
If I get nostalgic a year from now and start GT5 from scratch, it's going to be so I can hybrid and use the secret menu to do all of those things you just mentioned. Otherwise, what's the point of playing GT5 when GT6 will a year from now (supposedly) have all of the features GT5 had, but better?




Besides, if GT5 going offline means a better online experience for GT6, everyone should really be all for it.
I don't think a game should be tossed aside just because there is a new version. I understand servers can't stay up forever but games should have some mechanism so that it can be played to its fullest potential offline.

I'm accustomed to making 1 - 2 million credits for 5 to 7 minutes of racing. There is no reason why the game shouldn't pay you decently for every minute you race offline. $50,000 to $100,000 credits per minute would be fair IMO.

I'm really disappointed with the current trend of games that are only playable online. It's 2014 and I expected much more from artificial intelligence. Plus sometimes I just don't like dealing with humans. I can also customize AI if given the option. With humans I can't lol.

P.S. I just bought Battlefield 2 during the steam sale so I could play the AI offline. I'm having fun so far ;).
 
Before closing down GT5, they should make sure GT6 actually gets the equivalent online features. Didn't they also say just a few months ago that the game still had 300k people playing online or something?
 
Before closing down GT5, they should make sure GT6 actually gets the equivalent online features. Didn't they also say just a few months ago that the game still had 300k people playing online or something?

👍 I agree with this. I'm really hoping to see weekly seasonals in GT6 before GT5 servers are shut down.


But, there's also what I'm really hoping they can do: leaderboards for every track with certain PP requirements. I'd love to be the rally-guru in GT6 (rally is my specialty, maybe 50th fastest in the world), but I know that in Forza the leaderboard feature was quite popular, so it may happen.




If we had the public leaderboards, I could challenge my friends to beat my times, etc.



Then, hopefully we'll get the full community aspect of GT5 back again, and the course creator before GT5 servers are turned off.
 
Back