For all experts...! (Regarding FFB)

• Thread starter super_fla
  • 46 comments
super___fla
the latest problem with GTHD is the bigest broplem of all time , playing GTHD

without the forcefeed back function totaly sucks, it takes off the pleasure of

the game by 70%, its a good thing for those who downloaded the Japanese ver. at

the first day, they are the only people who can use that function.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD:

we are asking any experts whom can do anything to figure out

a way to upload the game (Japanese first ver.) from the playstation 3 hard disk

so that it can be downloaded to everyone else .

i know this isn't a solution, but for now we want to have fun till GT5 comes out

hoping they will solve the immersion issue they got.

peace

We need to get FFB back into GT or the game is ruined. Obviously we cannot rely on Sony because if they were going to do anything they would have done it for every controller and since they haven't I highly doubt they will do anything for us racing game fans...

Maybe we could get together and buy out immersion, 10 million or so GT fans $1 each??? Stupid idea???!!!???

I think the only real alternative at this stage is going to be Forza 2...sorry to say this, but without force feedback I'm out.

Is there any official word from Polyphony since it was in there and now it is out? Obvioulsy there are no hardware limitiations...

Has anyone confirmed Force Feedback on GT4 on a PS3?

/cry sad day for Sony, at least I am finding this out before I purchase a console just for a crippled version of GT.

I was hoping for a clutch and proper gear shift, and by a clutch I mean a peddle with Force Feedback, if the wheel isn't getting it, sheesh...

So what is the "Real Driving Simulator" now because a steering wheel without tactile feedback is definately not the drive of my life!

IMMERSION CORP (NasdaqGM:IMMR)

Market Cap: 170.89M

z

Considering there were a bit over 100 million PS owners world-wide and that less than 50 million copies of GT have been sold in total and the percentage of Immersion owned by Microsoft, Logitech and other major partners, gaining control of Immersion would not be an easy, simple, quick or cheap task, even if SONY could afford to help you.

Cheers,

MasterGT

We need to get FFB back into GT or the game is ruined. Obviously we cannot rely on Sony because if they were going to do anything they would have done it for every controller and since they haven't I highly doubt they will do anything for us racing game fans...

Maybe we could get together and buy out immersion, 10 million or so GT fans $1 each??? Stupid idea???!!!???

I think the only real alternative at this stage is going to be Forza 2...sorry to say this, but without force feedback I'm out.

Is there any official word from Polyphony since it was in there and now it is out? Obvioulsy there are no hardware limitiations...

Has anyone confirmed Force Feedback on GT4 on a PS3?

/cry sad day for Sony, at least I am finding this out before I purchase a console just for a crippled version of GT.

I was hoping for a clutch and proper gear shift, and by a clutch I mean a peddle with Force Feedback, if the wheel isn't getting it, sheesh...

So what is the "Real Driving Simulator" now because a steering wheel without tactile feedback is definately not the drive of my life!

I would'nt jump ship just yet. I own a 360 and pre paid for FM2, but will also get a PS3 and GT5. I hear the MS wheel has a small amount of FFB and also vibration funtion all while being wireless. But I don't think FFB is the strength of the GT wheel. So it might be okay but not any better for sure. You should however if your disapointed with PD go and get FM2. I have always had issues with PD over GT but I still buy the game every time it comes out so I can't expect them to solve any of the issues. FFB and no vibration will not stop me, but being forced to use the SixAxis controller to turn instead of the analog stick would make me leave it on the shelf.

I was just thinking that TT would be awesome to ride with a SIXAXIS, using the controller like handlebars...and then swap back to the wheel for cars in an all encompasing GTTT Cars and BIkes version...

I think I´ll jump on Sony too, if the FFB issue isn´t solved by the time GT5 hits the shelves. I already have a 360 and the wireless wheel, so I´m looking forward to FM2 and GTR now.
FM1 wasn´t really all that, and the wheel doesn´t really support it (have to change gears on A and X), so I hope FM2 will be more all that.

I would very much like to know what Kaz & co. thinks about this whole deal. I have gut feeling that GT5 will be delayed until FFB is legally supported again.

This whole affair really is dissapointing. I love GT4 for what it is, and was looking forward to GT5 really much until this came up. I think we can do two things about it:
1: e-mail Sony (there must be some sort of customer support) and tell them how sad we are about this and tell them that FFB is a must have on a gen. 3 console.
2: wait and see.

No FF didn't bother me that much to be honest. The game's as fun for me without my hands being jerked left and right all the time. To each his own i suppose.

I went so far that I bought a 360 and I'm looking forward to GTR and Forza 2 there is no way for me to play GT without FFB - I got used to it since GT3. If there is anything someone wants to set up to let Sony hear our opinion to that I'm with you guys. Something like a poll if you still would buy a ps3 and GT5 if FFB is not supported

I went so far that I bought a 360 and I'm looking forward to GTR and Forza 2 there is no way for me to play GT without FFB - I got used to it since GT3. If there is anything someone wants to set up to let Sony hear our opinion to that I'm with you guys. Something like a poll if you still would buy a ps3 and GT5 if FFB is not supported

There is already at least one poll on this matter....it is here:
Would you skip GT5 if it does not have force feedback?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89986

I don't give a rubbish if GT5 has force feedback or not... I will still get GT5 if it looks as good (or better) as/than GTHD. Although the one thing I am definetly NOT doing is turning with that silly tilt system. :yuck:

I'd recommend just waiting and seeing...

I refuse to believe Kaz will allow GT5 to come out without FFB

I agree....Kaz is a perfectionist...I bet we can thank him for no gt4 online...but to have NO ffb in the next gt would be a mistake...I belive in Kaz and his pursuit for realism....he better not slip up now. We have been very patient with PD and their release dates...the least they can do is REadd ffb...especially since gthd as released game was canceled...i mean, we are going to be waiting a year or two right?

I think as long you have a U.S. PS3 it is not possible to do that - I have uploaded the Japanese., hk. and u.s. version and non work with ffb. I have some buddies in europe - they all play the Japanese. version with ffb, but they all have a Japanese. system - I think the GT:HD version has a code which recongnized the PS3 version it is running on, that is the problem with the u.s. system

is there a way to upload the game (Japanese first ver.) from the playstation 3 hard disc, so that it can be downloaded to everyone else .

I got used to Forza with no force feedback, so FFB or no FFB, I'm getting GT5. You other guys can race those 8 car races in Forza 2. :P

Actually I'm getting FM2 also, but not because a GT demo doesn't have FFB. As the others have said, I'm sure the sales of GT5 will be highly dependent on FFB working. Besides, Micro$oft's involvement with the Immersion lawsuit may bite M$ in the tush. IBM has already cancelled any future business dealings with M$ over their business hyjinks, and many others are taking the same route. If IBM manages to get a good Linux/OSX build working on PCs, look out as the flood of people abandoning Windows sweeps the country. That's the ship I'm jumping.

I never heard of that version - as I know there was never a Japanese. version which had FFB on a U.S. PS3 - I might be wrong - but if there is some1 out there please confirm I would love to have it too.

I never heard of that version - as I know there was never a Japanese. version which had FFB on a U.S. PS3 - I might be wrong - but if there is some1 out there please confirm I would love to have it too.

yes , the first Japanese. ver. had ffb with the u.s playstation3

That would be great news if it works with g25 and dfp.
But i think its just some vibrating box that you can hook on to sixaxis.

After looking at the website I think the technology is only being applied to the SIXAXIS.

As I understand it, Immersion owns the patent for the Software used to control the FFB in the Logitech wheels, so in order for them to support FFB in the wheels the Software developer/producer/publisher has to pay a fee to Immersion.

What we may see is a new type of FFB in wheels not patented by Immersion, which could then possibly be used in the next official GT wheel, wether it comes from Logitech with SplitFish patented technology for example, or from some other party. I am guessing this is why there has been no official GT5 wheel announcement yet...

All this is only my speculation.

I for one will be supporting SplitFish if they succeed in creating convincing tactile feedback on the SIXAXIS, and hope to see an official SIXAXIS II released sometime after the PAL region launch of the PS3 so Sony can cash in on everyone buying a couple of new controllers.

I will not buy GT5 without FF. This is stupid, some lawsuit?

I thought the lawsuit was over the rumble feature? Rumble isn't the same as FF, so what's the problem?

I know it can't be a hardware technical issue, the USB ports are standard, so it has to be a legal issue.

I will not buy GT5 without FF. This is stupid, some lawsuit?

I thought the lawsuit was over the rumble feature? Rumble isn't the same as FF, so what's the problem?

I know it can't be a hardware technical issue, the USB ports are standard, so it has to be a legal issue.

Correct, rumble isnt the same as FF but FF is also under an immersion patent. If you have a DFP or G25 look in the instruction manual and you will see that the wheel is licenced by immersion.

Spec....

Does anyone have the actual PD homepage? I've been unable to locate one. I realize most companies just ignore unsolicited email, but it might not be a bad idea for us to write (mature, concerned, NOT angry) emails to whatever email address we can come up with at PD, even if we can only mail the webmaster... Enough of them might do something if they just happen to get passed on to the correct pair of eyes...

Sounds like a plan...

The email would just have to say...

We are concerned that FFB is not in the GTHD download, and would like to confirm that this will be supported in future purchasable or downloadable Driving Software from Polyphony?

Back