For Hip-Hop heads only: What's your favorite old school joint?Music 

• Thread starter s0nny80y
  • 312 comments
Apologies for the double-post, but I just discovered this wonderful YouTube radio station. It's pretty much nothing but rare 90's and early 2000's Hip Hop records and demo tapes. There's a lot of really cool, unknown tracks and artists on this stream.

It's a reminder that for every artist who makes it big, there's usually scores of other talented creators that just couldn't quite make it.

Apologies for the double-post, but I just discovered this wonderful YouTube radio station. It's pretty much nothing but rare 90's and early 2000's Hip Hop records and demo tapes. There's a lot of really cool, unknown tracks and artists on this stream.

It's a reminder that for every artist who makes it big, there's usually scores of other talented creators that just couldn't quite make it.

Loved the late 90's indy scene completely agree, alot of stellar one time wonders out there. I used to love collecting vinyl horribly expensive chasing indies!

Loved the late 90's indy scene completely agree, alot of stellar one time wonders out there. I used to love collecting vinyl horribly expensive chasing indies!
Nice. I used to visit record shops a lot more frequently, but that last couple years have made that a bit difficult, and there's only one shop in my area that actually has a somewhat decent 90's hip hop selection.

Hopefully I can get back to digging this year, and maybe come a cross a few indy vynils in the wild.

Nice. I used to visit record shops a lot more frequently, but that last couple years have made that a bit difficult, and there's only one shop in my area that actually has a somewhat decent 90's hip hop selection.

Hopefully I can get back to digging this year, and maybe come a cross a few indy vynils in the wild.
There's nothing quite like the serendipity of finding a good tune, sometimes it feels magical finding something you've tracked for years, savour the hunt! The thing I got from collecting vinyl is that acquiring your wants list is hollow, it all about the chase.

Love this tune just popped up on my hip hop directory random play good times

Remember getting this T-Love EP on vinyl from fat city records in manchester... I really miss those places... checking the covers to see who's produced the tracks, drinking in the artwork, the anticipation as you drop the needle for that first listen & picking up flyers & tickets for gigs...

Yeah its 420...

Happy Doomsday

2BDCA517-9596-4DCB-A0C7-84DEE6B7E3CB.jpeg

Too many to list!

Beastie Boys - B-Boy Bouillabaisse
Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)
Dinosaur Jr. and Del the Funky Homosapien - Missing Link
Gravediggaz - Here Comes the Gravediggaz
Heiroglyphics - The Who
LL Cool J - Going Back to Cali
Method Man - Biscuits
Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says
Public Enemy - Fight The Power (I like the beat and shouting.)
Teenage Fanclub and De La Soul -Fallin'
The Goats - Wake 'N' Bake
The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By
Tupac - Unconditional Love

I've been exploring the discography of the highly-acclaimed Japanese Producer DJ Krush as of late, and I've been having a really good time with some of the collaborations he's done over the years.

[General NSFW Lyrical Warning on all tracks]

And while this last one isn't exactly Hip-Hop, it is a track I've totally fallen in love with.

Last edited:

Not mucked about with Hip Hop for ages, threw together a mix yesterday afternoon really enjoyed it some of the lyrics really made me smile.

Back