For offline racing: GT Sport or Forza 7?

• Thread starter Thomasss95
  • 62 comments

For offline racing: GT Sport or Forza 7?

• GT Sport

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Forza 7

Votes: 41 68.3%

• Total voters
Netherlands
The Netherlands
I know this comparison is addressed multiple times, but I am curious how the offline mode of these games compare. Online racing is not my cup of tea, so I only race offline. I read that GT Sport lacks in that, but with recent and upcoming updates this is and will be fixed. So which one is more content, fun and challange if I only do offline races?

EDIT: One more question, about the upcoming updates for GT Sport: are these updates likely to be free and add content for offline racing (like the first update)?

Last edited:
I have both games and well in this terms forza is where you go. The sheer amount of cars, events and tuning is not compareable to GT Sports.

The added career mode in GT Sport is a joke unfornately, the same old chase the rabbit races and you are done with them in a very short amount of time since it's not many.
For online racing GT sport seems the better option but thats not what you looking for.

GT League is a joke, you will cruise past it under a week if you play like me(not more than an hour of gameplay per day), the AI is not the best(great, but is to prone to crash into you), tuning options are way to limited(no cosmetic parts upgrades, no spoilers and no engine swaps) and you will be racing the same tracks, on the same conditions, over and over again because the lack of variety.

GT Sport is an online game, which does its job excellently(apart from the servers crapping up sometimes), but it isn't a good offline game, at all.

I'd say Forza easily, loads to do and multi round championships.

The new league races in GTS do not show the AI in it's best light though, and allows the player to run softer tyres than the AI and more HP.

Run a custom race, with boost off, more laps, professional difficulty, and increase fuel depletion for pit stops and it's decent fun. To get more challenge race the car classss above, or choose a car that is at the bottom of the class, or increase weight, run less sticky tyres. I think AI only run Sports Hard in production cars or Racing Hard in race cars. I'd like a custom championship option.

Heard that the AI of Forza is very bad. GT Sport AI is one of the best things out there IMO. It's too slow and the races are far from being realistic thanks to rubberbanding effect (in all the races you start 30-50 seconds behind the leader and you have to catch him), but when you find some car that for some reason is at your level, the quality of the battles are astonishing.

edit: The behaviour of the AI is probably the best:
-They let you pass if your lapping them
-They loose the rear
-Some drivers are better than others and even some of them cant keep the car on track
-They defend position on a straight
-They draft you
-They overtake other cars with an easiness never seen
-They respect your car pretty well. They still need to improve, but compared to when the game was launched, they are much better on this matter

Last edited:
There is no offline racing in GT Sport... At least not if you want to unlock more than the 3 initial tracks. online save is required to advance (or never turning off the console...)

Single player is ok, can be completed in 30 hours including GT League with all gold in the campaign. It's bigger than the initial campaign DriveClub launched with, yet there's no challenge mode. GT League doesn't even have leader boards.

Ofcourse with custom race mode you can set yourself any challenge you want and earn money/mileage/xp. Yet for content in the form of tracks and cars, look elsewhere. There are only 17 tracks in GTS for now. (40 layouts)

:scared:So the game is called GT Sport, and the Sport mode is entirely online. So there you go.

For offline with a variety of cars, try Forza or CARS 2.
I’d argue F1 2017 has a superior and more interesting offline career mode, but only if you like single series.

There are some very hard and challenging endurance races in the offline portion of GTS, both in GT League & Mission Challenges. Takes about an hour to run each one of them and they can be very difficult to win.

Everything else is your typical GT style race's that we have all come to know over the years. Lots of fun if you are someone who has enjoyed it in past GT games.

Heard that the AI of Forza is very bad. GT Sport AI is one of the best things out there IMO. It's too slow and the races are far from being realistic thanks to rubberbanding effect (in all the races you start 30-50 seconds behind the leader and you have to catch him), but when you find some car that for some reason is at your level, the quality of the battles are astonishing.

-They loose the rear
-Some drivers are better than others and even some of them cant keep the car on track
-They draft you
-They respect your car pretty well. They still need to improve, but compared to when the game was launched, they are much better on this matter

I like GT Sport, engaged on it like no other game in a very long time, but the AI?

Well, don't know the case in Forza, but if it's worse than GT Sport :scared:

-They loose the rear
-They draft you
It's not very bad, far from it, but there are instances that are...off.

To get the best results you have to avoid doing 3 lap stints, and use the long options instead. That way you aren't rushing to smash your way to first. Give the Ai room and they give you room, although, you do run into the first-turn mayhem every once in a while.

Most of what you've put in that list holds true to Forza as well, and from what I've seen, you seem to get a better race out of it, even if they are more aggressive.

I heard the AI was bad from Billy Strange. Havent played the game is not my opinion. I hope not, because Im very interested on the game by its car list...

I like GT Sport, engaged on it like no other game in a very long time, but the AI?

Well, don't know the case in Forza, but if it's worse than GT Sport :scared:

It clearly received an update in the last patch (not sure if they mentioned it on the changelog) and changed massively. Posted a couple of videos of it on the "Videos and screenshots" thread

Look how they have such a brilliant eficiency on overtaking other cars:

giphy.gif

And how well respect your car and use the available space on the track and how fierce they defend position (even when they are good, I think Assetto is the boss in this matter):
giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFzmdUFUhIJ4IEYMM/giphy.gif

They also have some details that makes the AI more alive and human, like loosing the rear:
giphy.gif

Problem is like I said, it is too slow. To enjoy all this goodness you have to choose a much inferior car. The skyline has the same power as the SFR... but the SFR weights 400 kilos less, lower hight and a huge wing.

I heard the AI was bad from Billy Strange. Havent played the game is not my opinion. I hope not, because Im very interested on the game by its car list...
A lot of the issue that I've noticed is it comes down to how experienced the actual player is, rather than the AI. The smoother you are, and more respectable you are, they'll react well to you. If you're flying around the track making sporadic movements, they tend to get a bit twitchy too. That's not to say that it doesn't have its own issues, like weird rubberbanding on some specific tracks, but not all.

If you do end up getting it, I recommend using the longer race options. It really helps out.

Forza has a good campaign mode, but has pretty awful wheel physics which keeps me from playing it often. Been playing Forza since Forza 2.

Forza has a good campaign mode, but has pretty awful wheel physics which keeps me from playing it often. Been playing Forza since Forza 2.
Yeah, wheel users seem to have the most issues these last few iterations. Pad seems to work flawlessly in comparison.

In my opinion, GT Sport has a much better online experience. You have various mini challenges that aren't just "race a car upon so and so laps" like Forza.

Agreed. I pretty much only play Forza when I feel like sitting on the couch and racing with a controller. It is really good with a controller though.

There are some very hard and challenging endurance races in the offline portion of GTS, both in GT League & Mission Challenges. Takes about an hour to run each one of them and they can be very difficult to win.

Everything else is your typical GT style race's that we have all come to know over the years. Lots of fun if you are someone who has enjoyed it in past GT games.

I'm sorry... But Don't find those "endurance" races hard at all in GTS...

Try out those in Project C.A.R.S 2 from 3-6H races up to real 24H, 70 laps or those in Assetto that got GT races with Championships of 6 races with 30 laps each and not counting practice and qualy sessions.

I've played all old GT games... And GT6 and GTS i boring offline due his low difficulty.. Even in "GT League" going with less powerful car to get more challenge.

The best AI is the "professional" in "personalised race" of the Arcade mode, but it's still easy if you go with the same car/category than the AI..
Don't like that you can't put an practice session or qualy session also...

For me the best of GT Sport is the online Sport mode, the decal editor and scapes / photo-mode.

But for offline.... It's quite behind other racing games nowadays.

GT League is a joke, you will cruise past it under a week if you play like me

However, if played my way, it'll last a long time. Instead of assuming the goal is to get to first place once in each event and then declare victory, try these goals

1. Win the event, AND
2. Get the clean bonus, AND
3. Strive for the highest possible handicap bonus​

I count "winning" as achieving these goals with a handicap bonus greater than 100%

GTS severely lacks an offline mode. Even the update offline "career" is anemic.

If you are looking for a fun offline racer with sim qualities, you can pick up the first project cars game stupid cheap. I also have a gaming rig with Oculus set up and the fun factor with Project Cars career mode absolutely destroys GTS and Forza.

-They loose the rear
-They draft you

And try a regular street car on Nürburgring in GT S and if you are faster than the car in front of you, the AI in that car will turn on the turn signal and drive out to the side so you can pass, that's pretty cool :).

Last edited:
And try a regular street car on Nürburgring in GT S and if you are faster than another car, the AI will turn on the turn signal and drive out to the side so you can pass, that's pretty cool :).

Yep, saw that too. Although while being quite nice and it's common on motorsport to see some drivers refusing to defend the position (because it doesn't help their interests) is weird to see they turn signal... If they would not turn the signal or if they do that only when they are lapped would be more realistic... Or could be that they try to simulate trackday behaviour.

Back