For offline racing: GT Sport or Forza 7?

• Thread starter Thomasss95
  • 62 comments

For offline racing: GT Sport or Forza 7?

• GT Sport

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Forza 7

Votes: 41 68.3%

• Total voters
Yep, saw that too. Although while being quite nice and it's common on motorsport to see some drivers refusing to defend the position (because it doesn't help their interests) is weird to see they turn signal... If they would not turn the signal or if they do that only when they are lapped would be more realistic... Or could be that they try to simulate trackday behaviour.

If you watch videos of street cars on the ring, it's protocol for the slower driver to signal and move over.

If you watch videos of street cars on the ring, it's protocol for the slower driver to signal and move over.

That is what I was refering too. If they only do it with street cars like IngRobNy is saying, then it's very probable Poly AI devs did it intentionally to simulate the Ring trackday behaviour.

Last edited:
The fact people think project cars 2 has good AI makes me laugh, that game has on rails AI that uses a dumbed down physics engine. On a side note if you go to a custom race and select no boost/ Pro/ etc you get some of the best AI iv seen in a racing game with GR 3/4 One makes / GR x . Drive club had pretty good AI too , the issue is the tracks are too narrow .

Project cars 2 AI I find unbalanced and inconsistent across tracks, they seem unaffected by things the player car does, makes it hard to get a good race.

Assetto Corsa has some of the most competitive and consistent AI I've raced against and custom championships but lacks tracks, but you need a wheel to really enjoy it.

Ummm not agree. At all.

PCars2 clearly has dumbed down physics and it's so inconsistent (pre november patch) you will have to adjust the difficulty with extreme settings (in one track you will struggle to follow them at 60% and in other tracks you are much superior at 120% difficulty). But it is very fast and reconize your car instantly. They also overtake well and use the available space on track with very good efficiency

Driveclub is one of the worst AI on the market. Very slow, hardly ever reconizes your car (if you are on the outside, they will never reconize your car) and it's the perfect example of train AI.

Ummm not agree. At all.

PCars2 clearly has dumbed down physics and it's so inconsistent (pre november patch) you will have to adjust the difficulty with extreme settings (in one track you will struggle to follow them at 60% and in other tracks you are much superior at 120% difficulty). But it is very fast and reconize your car instantly. They also overtake well and use the available space on track with very good efficiency

Driveclub is one of the worst AI on the market. Very slow, hardly ever reconizes your car (if you are on the outside, they will never reconize your car) and it's the perfect example of train AI.

Has drive club slow Ai? I hold the top times in over 20 tracks on that game and the Legend AI holds up a great pace.. recognizes your cars 100% of the time and doesn't follow a train. I think you have never played the game.

If you do not have a Xbox or PC it is not worth getting it. May be PC as you can play other sims as well. If you have both I would say wait for a year. You can get Forza complete edition or something for 20 or 30$

I know it's not in the poll options you mentioned, but for offline driving, I'd really suggest Assetto Corsa. On max difficulty, the AI is damn fast. I can't suggest neither of GT or Forza as the first has little to no interest offline, and the second is just a good Need for Speed (unless physics doesn't bother you, then I'd say give it a go).

I know it's not in the poll options you mentioned, but for offline driving, I'd really suggest Assetto Corsa. On max difficulty, the AI is damn fast. I can't suggest neither of GT or Forza as the first has little to no interest offline, and the second is just a good Need for Speed (unless physics doesn't bother you, then I'd say give it a go).
I love Assetto Corsa, but vs AI is one of the worst, I hate it. PCARS2 has really bad AI too, case in point:

and the second is just a good Need for Speed (unless physics doesn't bother you, then I'd say give it a go).
It really hasn't, at all. Anyone using this extreme assumption either hasn't played the game, or just don't really know what physics to pertain to in the first place. Is it the top sim on the market? No, definitely not, but it's no where near as you're making it out to be.

I love Assetto Corsa, but vs AI is one of the worst, I hate it. PCARS2 has really bad AI too, case in point:

I've never had anything like this happen to me while racing the AI in Pcars 2. In my experience, the AI has been pretty good.

Try adjusting weight, power and tires
Even with original setup it is to easy .
In other events with hard tyres,less power it's not a challenge..

Try other Sims,you will see.

The best of GT Sport is the skin editor,photo mode an sport mode for quick online racing.

For the rest I go play other sims

That's.. not really bad in my book. I mean I know the AI can be stupid in Project Cars but having a crash/pile up is something I see in racing all the time so that example is actually pretty cool. With the way the AI strings out in GTS you'll never see a crash/pileup like that.

So it sounds like you still have to handicap yourself?

That's right. It's a video game. It is meant to be played and enjoyed by people of a wide range of skills.

Remember your Fallout 4 experience? You handicapped yourself there

You playing on such a high damage multiplier, you might just need to heal them once in a while. I only play on normal as this is my first Fallout game, so I wanted to get acquainted with the series before I move up. That said, on normal, it's not a necessity for me.

It really hasn't, at all. Anyone using this extreme assumption either hasn't played the game, or just don't really know what physics to pertain to in the first place. Is it the top sim on the market? No, definitely not, but it's no where near as you're making it out to be.

When I say Need for Speed, I think about older ones (think NFSU2 and before), which were not sim, but still somewhat interesting and fun to play. (Not like NFS 2015 which was boring as hell)

That's right. It's a video game. It is meant to be played and enjoyed by people of a wide range of skills.

That's not what I asked. doesn't really have much to do with my question, nor the discussion at hand. If you have to handicap yourself to get something out of the Ai, then that would likely mean that the Ai is lackluster in general.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this :lol: Literally not one bit about it. The person I was replying to was talking about how he is on a higher difficulty and his companion dies so much more. So I suggested healing his companion once in a while, but because I play on normal, in which my companion was rarely going down, it wasn't necessary for me to constantly heal my companion. That is not handicapping myself in anyway lol. It's like you didn't even bother reading it. Weird that you even pulled that though, it's so long ago..

When I say Need for Speed, I think about older ones (think NFSU2 and before), which were not sim, but still somewhat interesting and fun to play. (Not like NFS 2015 which was boring as hell)
And that changes absolutely nothing about what I said.

I really dont agree with that xD

Assetto Corsa AI is one of the best IMO. Very fast, is probably on PS4 the AI that respect the player the most, decent ability to overtake (this is the weak point), probably the best also on holding its position.

It received a patch that changed it dramatically last year.

Im the SLS

Im the F40

Neither agree with PCars2, which also I think is one of the best. Dont think it's fair to judge the AI performance by some punctual bugs.

So it sounds like you still have to handicap yourself?

Yep. And in a big way. You have to choose cars always with much less performance in order that the race is close (on career mode there is no selection of AI strength)... and even when you start from the back of the grid with several seconds of disadvantage with the first car. Dont like that, but I understand it as GT is meant to be accesible and simple.

In quick race mode, even with the max strength, the AI is too slow.

Yep. And in a big way. You have to choose cars always with much less performance in order that the race is close (on career mode there is no selection of AI strength)... and even when you start from the back of the grid with several seconds of disadvantage with the first car. Dont like that, but I understand it as GT is meant to be accesible and simple.

In quick race mode, even with the max strength, the AI is too slow.
They can make things accessible and simple by having adjustable Ai difficulty like much any game. I'm guessing the reason being is that the offline-racing in the game wasn't supposed to be as big as they're now making it. Online was the main mode at first.

They can make things accessible and simple by having adjustable Ai difficulty like much any game. I'm guessing the reason being is that the offline-racing in the game wasn't supposed to be as big as they're now making it. Online was the main mode at first.

Yeah but by giving the choice to select the AI stength you are making the game less "plug and play". GT has always done that with the career mode, not giving the choice to select the difficulty. I think it's deliberate.

Yeah but by giving the choice to select the AI stength you are making the game less "plug and play". GT has always done that with the career mode, not giving the choice to select the difficulty. I think it's deliberate.
An option that would likely take less than a minute(and thats extremely generous) to toggle wouldn't really make it less plug and play. If plug and play is all people want to do then the game can be set to an average difficulty and they can just leave it at that. For those that want the option for more competitive and competent Ai, it can be there. All this would do is give more options to the people that want it, and not hinder anyone.

I've never had anything like this happen to me while racing the AI in Pcars 2. In my experience, the AI has been pretty good.
Ian Bell actually admitted that the AI is too aggressive and still needs to be tweaked, i haven't played much PC2 since GTS came out so it may have been fixed since then.

An option that would likely take less than a minute(and thats extremely generous) to toggle wouldn't really make it less plug and play. If plug and play is all people want to do then the game can be set to an average difficulty and they can just leave it at that. For those that want the option for more competitive and competent Ai, it can be there. All this would do is give more options to the people that want it, and not hinder anyone.

Well, maybe you are right it would be not much less "plug and play" to offer that choice. But I do think it's deliberate (because it's always has been like this) and it would not solve the problem: the AI is still too slow and probably on most of the career races it's on the max difficulty.

And typically, that's handled by the developers with a radical concept known as difficulty levels.

You must be thinking of Horizon. It's easy to mix up the two.

I'll admit there are issues with PCARS2's AI, specifically with pileups in very slow corners, but overall, I've found the system in that game very satisfying for races against bots. They behave realistically, and show good race craft.

FM7's has been pretty good for me recently, but always seems to be rough in the early days. I chalk that up to the Drivatar system learning all players' behaviours, and if they're bashing their way through AI races, well, that transfers to their Drivatars. The backwards "limit Drivatar aggression option" (checking it makes them more aggressive) is a weird one too. My main issue with the AI is that it seems to have little spatial awareness of player cars on its sides.

That's something that constantly comes up in GT Sport for me. I've lost count of how many times the AI has sandwiched me against a wall as if I wasn't even there. Then there's the hilarious over-driving that the lead rabbit engages in once you pass it. Overshooting corners, putting down the hammer early coming out of corners, etc. I appreciate it was probably PD's attempt to humanize the lead driver, but its predictable and heavy-handed. That said, the AI will change its lines and go defensive when you're coming up from behind in a corner, which is a nice move. Shame they also turn on the indicators and let you pass on the 'Ring, on even the toughest difficulty...

I haven't spent much time with the updated AI in Assetto Corsa, but I've heard good things.

Well, maybe you are right it would be not much less "plug and play" to offer that choice. But I do think it's deliberate (because it's always has been like this) and it would not solve the problem: the AI is still too slow and probably on most of the career races it's on the max difficulty.
Thats the thing, it's slow now, without options. They could just put some man-power into it and bring it up to an acceptable level. That's something they should do, if they're ever going to introduce adjustable difficulty.

Forza has a poor offline mode imo...they just give you everything and currency is just given away too...there is no sense of accomplishment (for me anyway). That's what i like about gt....the licensing adds a lot imo. Too bad they took out the modding of your car from stock all the way to race car. But it's still better than Forza imo.

Forza has a poor offline mode imo...they just give you everything and currency is just given away too...there is no sense of accomplishment (for me anyway). That's what i like about gt....the licensing adds a lot imo. Too bad they took out the modding of your car from stock all the way to race car. But it's still better than Forza imo.
Oh you mean like how you can get almost every car for free in GTS? I'm not seeing how it's any different.

Has drive club slow Ai? I hold the top times in over 20 tracks on that game and the Legend AI holds up a great pace..
Depends on your definition of great pace.

11 AIs. Max difficulty. Same car. Starting from the back. Several months without playing Driveclub (noticeable on the video by my poor driving). 2 laps and Im on the top. 5 laps and I have an advantage of 13 seconds on the second.

recognizes your cars 100% of the time
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
doesn't follow a train.
giphy.gif
I think you have never played the game.

Barely touched it
image.jpg

edit: Spoilers

Last edited:
Back