For polyphony digital

• Thread starter timetorace
  • 55 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not to thrilled about this feature like most others but in this day and age where likes and followers seems to be the trend for almost everything online I don't see it going away.

Thank you for your replys. I got blocked psn players. They still show on gt sport followers. That is against psn rules right?

I got hate messages from local people as am higher up than them. How they knew it was me? Because kudosprime and polyphony digital allow them! I had to make new psn accounts. Leaderboards seem far to open but at same time they are well structured.

Hi PD here. We appreciate your concerns and will fix this immediately. Thank you for using GT Planet to voice this concern rather than directly as GT Planet reports directly to us at PD.

Your more than welcome PolyPhony digital. Your GT Sport looks great, cars handle really well and the gr3 handle great. Just maybe move away from the social feature side of things, they can cause problems. I got messages from people moaning i got so many clean races and they havent. I think hiding what people can see on each others profiles will help that part :)

There are privacy settings built in to the PS4 @timetorace. If you had done some research you could have avoided this situation. https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...on-4-to-limit-who-can-contact-you-over-plays/

The privacy settings dont stop followers etc on gt sport or on any games. They only work on sonys side. Not gaming. I already tested these features. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VBR
Your more than welcome PolyPhony digital. Your GT Sport looks great, cars handle really well and the gr3 handle great. Just maybe move away from the social feature side of things, they can cause problems. I got messages from people moaning i got so many clean races and they havent. I think hiding what people can see on each others profiles will help that part :)
r/whoosh

I don't think you get the "joke".

I'm not to thrilled about this feature like most others but in this day and age where likes and followers seems to be the trend for almost everything online I don't see it going away.

It dont matter, people who thribe from social features do not have more rights than those who do not like them.

The option to remove followers and set profile to private should be there for people who dont like them. Then social obsessed people can follow each other. This is a racing game, its for racing. Racing drivers dont go around been social etc, they train, work out, practise, tune their cars.

Racing teams also pay pa/secretarys to do followers stuff, racing drivers dont sit at computers been social lol these pa/secretarys also block and remove unwanted followers.

Anything social feature is bad.

r/whoosh

I don't think you get the "joke".

Its called going along with the joke with you JOKES.

It dont matter, people who thribe from social features do not have more rights than those who do not like them.

The option to remove followers and set profile to private should be there for people who dont like them. Then social obsessed people can follow each other. This is a racing game, its for racing. Racing drivers dont go around been social etc, they train, work out, practise, tune their cars.

Racing teams also pay pa/secretarys to do followers stuff, racing drivers dont sit at computers been social lol

Oh I fully agree and I would definitely set my profile to private. 99% of the time I stay hidden on my PS4 just because I like the privacy.

Oh I fully agree and I would definitely set my profile to private. 99% of the time I stay hidden on my PS4 just because I like the privacy.

I do it as i know it would annoy nosey people. Annoying nosey people is the best.

I got blocked psn players. They still show on gt sport followers. That is against psn rules right?
No. Followers are not friends. Following someone does absolutely nothing except put the content they choose to share with everyone into your own feed.
I got hate messages from local people as am higher up than them. How they knew it was me? Because kudosprime and polyphony digital allow them! I had to make new psn accounts.
What?

Are you suggesting that people looked at the leaderboards in GT Sport, then sent you "hate messages" (how did they send these messages?) for being ahead of them, so you had to make new accounts? How did this stop you from being ahead of them and them sending you "hate messages"? What does the Kudos Prime site - which is a third party site - have to do with anything?

And how is it making your kids cry to get followers?

upload_2019-3-30_16-4-33.png

Sly lol.

There are privacy settings built in to the PS4 @timetorace. If you had done some research you could have avoided this situation. https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...on-4-to-limit-who-can-contact-you-over-plays/

Dont work. Already done that before going online.

Buying a xbox now anyway as microsoft as usual, been much better than sony do have option to set to private and remove followers.

So stick you sarcasm up your rear ends.

I hope your kids come running into a room saying they are been stalked then you find out pd are useless at programming anything.

Turn 10 are decades ahead of sony and polyphony digital.

They probably couldnt even program the option in, by evaluting the game its look good but it really is a pathetic attempt at sim racing.

Refund from sony as downloaded the game and seller has accepted a refund for the thrustmaster tgt as kids rang the seller up lol

Thats over a grand to spend on a xbox and a new wheel.

Racing drivers dont go around been social etc, they train, work out, practise, tune their cars.

Racing teams also pay pa/secretarys to do followers stuff, racing drivers dont sit at computers been social lol these pa/secretarys also block and remove unwanted followers.

Anything social feature is bad.

Are you quite sure about that? From my Twitter feed (i recently had a famous driver message me, it certainly wasn't his secretary)
Screenshot_20190330-164830.jpg

I hope your kids come running into a room saying they are been stalked then you find out pd are useless at programming anything.

Right, lets get to the bottom of this. Can you provide photos of the people who are stalking your kids? Are they hanging around outside your house or following them home from school? Because stalking is a serious matter and will need police intervention. Followers on the other hand have admired your work and thought it was good enough to see what you do next. They dont know you, where you live, if you're male or female, black or white, gay or straight - THEY DONT CARE.
Now for the dose of common sense. You subscribed to a network that has a built in share function. You then bought a game and decided to share your work and are having some childish fit because people approved of your work. Here's my advice, unsubscribe and play offline. Or if you want to stay online, don't share content of any form - remain annonymous! If people follow you after a race, see it as you was a good competitor and they hope to see you in an online room. EVERYTHING you have moaned about has an answer. I have 2 accounts. My main has over 550 loyal followers and my other has - ZERO. Because I chose to remain annonymous, a purely for fun and sharing with my kids and nephews profile. Safe, you might say.

*edit* thanks goes to the moderating team, i didn't notice naughty Tiffs language!

Last edited:
I mean, he has a point. I get the feeling it's been expressed in a language that isn't his first which doesn't help, but it does seem odd you can't set a profile to private.

Of course, you can always ignore the activity feed like I do, since the only reason you would open that is to see the interaction other people have given your feed.

Buying a xbox now anyway as microsoft as usual, been much better than sony do have option to set to private and remove followers.

They probably couldnt even program the option in, by evaluting the game its look good but it really is a pathetic attempt at sim racing.

Refund from sony as downloaded the game and seller has accepted a refund for the thrustmaster tgt as kids rang the seller up lol

If you are concerned about people seeing your and your kids racing game profiles may I suggest never logging on to the interweb??? Once you or your kids do anything on the interweb it will be there for the rest of your lives, that's just the way things are now. Chillax man!!!

Welcome to the internet. :cheers:

Racing drivers dont go around been social etc

So don’t. Just because someone decides to follow you doesn’t mean that you have to interact with them. Unless you want to role play that you’re a horrible driver that nobody could possibly like, and the fact that you have followers ruin that illusion for you, I don’t really see the problem.

Plot twist... It's really the kids posting because they need to figure out how to hide their online activity so that their multiple waifu online girlfriends don't find out about each other during those 3am race sessions on school nights.

*In all seriousness, I dislike the inability to better moderate the interactivity. I've seen (and experienced) people post disgusting comments on decals, photos, etc., that then require manual deletion and blocking.

**To parents: I would regularly check the "players met" section of the PS4 Dash and see if your kids have been joining any parties and with whom. While I see/hear a fair amount of young kids go into parties with much older players after a few "fun" rounds in team-based games like Siege, I still encounter it occasionally in GT Sport via online lobbies. They may also be harassed by somebody using the "join/list friends" lobbies as well.

English second language. I had problems on twitter and facebook. I deleted them.

First thing i did when needing help is some childish people who obviously are lifeless people clicked follow out from sarcasm.

I left uk for good. Your attitudes stink. We now bully british people in our country to force them out.

Our country cant wait to see uk state after brexit.

Sold ps4 and moved away from gaming

Social features do not belong racing games. Oh look clean racer lets follow! Drive on real road. Good driver lets follow. Dont think so.

Social features dont belong in racing games. Its to race.

The real driving simulator? Its full of photos. Thats not racing simulator.

Enjoy brexit

English second language. I had problems on twitter and facebook. I deleted them.

First thing i did when needing help is some childish people who obviously are lifeless people clicked follow out from sarcasm.

I left uk for good. Your attitudes stink. We now bully british people in our country to force them out.

Our country cant wait to see uk state after brexit.

Sold ps4 and moved away from gaming

Social features do not belong racing games. Oh look clean racer lets follow! Drive on real road. Good driver lets follow. Dont think so.

Social features dont belong in racing games. Its to race.

The real driving simulator? Its full of photos. Thats not racing simulator.

Enjoy brexit

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

Hi my kids are crying their eyes out playing your game. They play gt league or arcade mode or take photos.

[...]

I want a full refund for the thurstmaster tgt and gt sport or option to remove followers and set profiles to private.

Yes, I've had a similar experience. I've had a forum where I've been moderator taken down, therefore on gtplanet i should me admin.

You should probably let your internet-connected device know that, because it thinks you're still there...

In other contradictions:

We now bully british people in our country to force them out.
some childish people who obviously are lifeless people clicked follow out from sarcasm.
Your attitudes stink.
I think we're done here, if there was even a point to this thread in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back