For polyphony digital

• Thread starter timetorace
  • 55 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi my kids are crying their eyes out playing your game. They play gt league or arcade mode or take photos.

They do NOT want stalkers (followers) Where is the legal requirement to remove them and keep all profile private?

I am too myself am sick to death of getting followers after races. Its pathetic.

There is no privacy and no way to remove followers!

When will this be updated to allow this as it should have been done before release.

Why ruin such a great game to suit lifeless nosey scum when this is racing where you RACE and race only!

I ask as i got close ties to twitter and facebook and anyone else who has stupid followers rubbish built in who have remove follower options as standard.

This is skint man age, i got one game for multiple accounts. I want a full refund for the thurstmaster tgt and gt sport or option to remove followers and set profiles to private.

More for my kids and other gamers i speak to in after race chat who are sick to death of top ranked racers clicking following them and any other form of fool who thribes from this type of lifeless option.

This is 2019AC Polyphony Digital NOT 2019BC!

tenor.gif

Hi PD,

Last night I dreamt about a world where acid rain was literally acid. The only safe shelter was in caves, though towards the end of the dream we discovered, whilst in a procedurally generated computer game town that there were origami boats we could build to sail away from the land where the acid rain was, towards the orange glow on the horizon... that's where the people escaped to, on ships... then I woke up. Can you tell me if that means I'll get more followers... totes appreciate it.

Rgds... Mat.

Hi PD,

Last night I dreamt about a world where acid rain was literally acid. The only safe shelter was in caves, though towards the end of the dream we discovered, whilst in a procedurally generated computer game town that there were origami boats we could build to sail away from the land where the acid rain was, towards the orange glow on the horizon... that's where the people escaped to, on ships... then I woke up. Can you tell me if that means I'll get more followers... totes appreciate it.

Rgds... Mat.

Hi PD here. We at PD recommend that you avoid drugs and/or alcohol before bed. PD cares about the health of GT Sport users. Think of PD as the cool uncle that lets you drink a beer when you are a teenager but in moderation. But not right before bed time. Thank you for your comment.

Last edited:
I think the OP has a point, although the way he's ranting isn't doing him any favours. I tried to delete my "followers" in GTS once & found no way of doing it. If a young child has "followers" (*cough* paedophiles *cough*) on their account I find that seriously creepy, & if the game hasn't given us a way of deleting/blocking them, that's really bad. I don't think the PS4's privacy settings have any effect in GTS, However, adding the "followers" to your PSN Block list might; I haven't tried that yet...

VBR
If a young child has "followers" (*cough* paedophiles *cough*) on their account I find that seriously creepy
Your age is not displayed in your GT Sport profile anywhere, so the chances of a nonce following someone on purpose for that reason is somewhere lower than actually impossible.

Bearing in mind that following someone in GT Sport does not allow you any access to anything that simply viewing that person's profile gets you, you're talking about an incredibly dedicated kiddyfiddler who'll follow random players in case they happen to be a child and spank it to their liveries.

VBR
I think the OP has a point, although the way he's ranting isn't doing him any favours. I tried to delete my "followers" in GTS once & found no way of doing it. If a young child has "followers" (*cough* paedophiles *cough*) on their account I find that seriously creepy, & if the game hasn't given us a way of deleting/blocking them, that's really bad. I don't think the PS4's privacy settings have any effect in GTS, However, adding the "followers" to your PSN Block list might; I haven't tried that yet...
I haven't done any testing either but I would think this highlighted section would be sufficient to disallow any followers.

Untitled.png

From here:
There are privacy settings built in to the PS4 @timetorace. If you had done some research you could have avoided this situation. https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...on-4-to-limit-who-can-contact-you-over-plays/

You realize the only thing people can see when they “follow” you on GT Sport is just the photos/liveries/replays you choose to share, right? I don’t see how somebody can “stalk” anyone through GT, let alone figure out if they’re a kid or not...

I haven't done any testing either but I would think this highlighted section would be sufficient to disallow any followers.

View attachment 810602

From here:
I had a look.
I PSN blocked one of my own accounts :lol: , and I don't think that works.

In GT Sport it removed the Id. from my Friends list, but I was still following and being followed by that Id.
You can certainly unfollow someone in-game, but I don't think there's anything you can do about someone choosing to follow you.
(I may stand corrected)

For the kids in this instance, I can only assume it was from sharing photos.
And the best solution there, if they must do that, is to select "Open to Friends" to limit who sees the content.

Last edited:
You realize the only thing people can see when they “follow” you on GT Sport is just the photos/liveries/replays you choose to share, right? I don’t see how somebody can “stalk” anyone through GT, let alone figure out if they’re a kid or not...

I think this is the key here - even if someone follows you, the privacy safeguard is to not share anything - and then they won't see anything. A follower of an account that doesn't share anything will get precisely zero "personal" information (if you can call photos of pretend cars "personal").

Much ado about nothing, OP. In the words of the immortal Alan Partridge...

"What an odd man."

EDIT: Just spotted this in the OP...

I ask as i got close ties to twitter and facebook

What's the betting that:
A: this isn't true
B: this is false
C: this is a lie
D: this is untrue

Seems like the equivalent of "my dad's sister's cousin's dog works at Sony and he said GT was coming out on Nintendo Switch honest".

Hi my kids are crying their eyes out playing your game. They play gt league or arcade mode or take photos.

They do NOT want stalkers (followers) Where is the legal requirement to remove them and keep all profile private?

I am too myself am sick to death of getting followers after races. Its pathetic.

There is no privacy and no way to remove followers!

When will this be updated to allow this as it should have been done before release.

Why ruin such a great game to suit lifeless nosey scum when this is racing where you RACE and race only!

I ask as i got close ties to twitter and facebook and anyone else who has stupid followers rubbish built in who have remove follower options as standard.

This is skint man age, i got one game for multiple accounts. I want a full refund for the thurstmaster tgt and gt sport or option to remove followers and set profiles to private.

More for my kids and other gamers i speak to in after race chat who are sick to death of top ranked racers clicking following them and any other form of fool who thribes from this type of lifeless option.

This is 2019AC Polyphony Digital NOT 2019BC!
No legal requirement exists as no personal identifiable information is supplied (unless you haven't followed Sonys own recommendations on PSN IDs).

Not liking a feature of a title isn't grounds for a refund, and certainly not on a product Sony/PD don't even sell.

View attachment 810602

From here:

That has an effect on who can follow you on PSN, but it has no effect on who can follow you in GT Sport. I also tested blocking someone on my PSN list, & they still show up as a follower in GT Sport. So, even that idea doesn't work. Personally, I really don't like the follow feature, & wish there was a way of disabling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back