For Those Of You Who Have Forza 6 And GT6, Which Do You Like More?

Canada
Canada
Legionaire88
I never purchased Gran Turismo 6 due to how much I enjoyed Forza 4, after playing Forza 4 for 160 hours I purchased Xbox One and I like Forza 6 even more. Here is a chart I made explaining the pro's and cons of both games in a comparison and included features one game has that the other may lack in the Pros. To keep it fair I won't be comparing the graphics.

Gran Turismo 6

Pros
-More Cars
-Dynamic Time of day/Weather transition (this one may not matter to some people)
-Track Editor
-Rally Racing
-Cars are slightly/moderately more photo realistic depending on the vehicle
-44 Tracks, More Than Forza 6
-Photo Realistic/More Vivid Colors

Cons
-Bad Sound
-Bad AI
-Bad Car Selection (About 460-470) of 1247 are Premium
-Not as many cars on track
-Lack of Car Customization/No Player made paint designs
-Less Tuning Options
-Not as many multiplayer game modes/lack of multiplayer depth
-Lackluster Damage System
-Bland gameplay

Forza 6
Pros
-Better Sound
-Better Car Selection (580-620 cars all rendered the same with interiors)
-Better AI
-More Tuning Options
-More Car Customization/player made paint designs
-More cars on the track
-More multiplayer game modes and multiplayer Leagues
-Better Damage/Crash Physics
-Forza Vista (Having this may not matter to some people)
-Better Sense of Speed
-Better gameplay

Cons
-No Track Editor
-No Dynamic time of day/weather transition
-No Rally racing
-28 Tracks, GT6 Has More

The horrible gameplay is what made me switch from GT to Forza. GranTurismo is like the COD of racing games, they have been using the same game engine since GT1, it has only been modified.

Anyway, what game do you all prefer and why?

Last edited:
I am also not 100% sure about the multiplayer in Gran Turismo 6.

The multiplayer is ok, but connectivity can be very temptamental at times; problems range from not seeing people on the track, to simply not being able to join a lobby.

--

Bearing in mind I don't own Forza 6 (but I have played it once a week since about a week after release, as a friend of mine owns it), I think it is a very good experience.

The sounds are amazing compared to GT6, the car list is incredibly varied with very few duplicates (nothing compared to GT6), the car models are stupendous, the DLC is amazing, I could go on.

GT6 has a good track list, gives you the ability to make you own tracks, has a huge car list (over 1200!), and looks insane for something that is on 10 year old hardware.

Of course, both have their disadvantages; in my opinion, F6 can be a bit lacking in the fun factor at times for me, and the physics are kinda weird, but they aren't as bad as people on here say they are. GT6 has awful sounds (possibly the worst), a dire career mode, and in my opinion, quite an unappealing car list. Take this for an example; when GT6 released, it added a few Ferraris, but the most modern Ferrari was still the 458, which had already been featured in GT5. PD hadn't kept with the times. From what I remember, Forza 5 launched earlier than GT6, and kept very up to date with its car choices; having cars such as the 599 GTO, F12, and even the LaFerrari shortly after release. Turn 10 always seem to keep up with the times with their car lists. As well as this, GT6 has some car manufacturers missing from the game that should really be in there, such as Koenigsegg, and Ariel.

To make up for its rather lacklustre car list, GT6 introduced Vision Gran Turismo- a feature that really split the community in two; some people really loved the fact that car companies were going nuts and adding concept cars to the game, whereas other shunned the feature for being far too unrealistic- and with cars like the Tomahawk X being a part of VGT, it's not hard to see where they're coming from.

All in all, I would probably say that I prefer GT6, despite its many flaws, and that Forza 6 is seen as the better game. I find it easier to click with, and the fact that I grew up with GT really helps the fact. Yes, it's a game that's riddled with problems, but to me, it's still a pretty awesome game.

Gran Turismo 6 cons really bothered me which is why I never purchased it. I really hope Gran Turismo 7 can improve upon these major flaws. I never played the full game of Gran Turismo 6, only the demo so some of my points might be wrong like car customization and tuning options but I think standard cars have less tuning options available. I am also not 100% sure about the multiplayer in Gran Turismo 6.

I don't have Forza 6, but giving your opinion about a game that you don't have... Isn't it a bit biaised? You feel a game as a whole experience, the content is just there for marketing. I am sure people enjoy the game because of its vast track/cars selection, but they cannot enjoy it alone if the game is already bad, so it's all about what the game proposes you as a whole imo. I would be curious to see you pick the game, play it, and express your afterwards experience. I am sure you would say it is bad/good for different reasons than just the content :)

Forza 6 has an infinitely better single player than GT6 and better multiplayer with both normal online rooms and tailored leagues.

The customisation is far better in Forza, all the cars are premium with a much better variety and there's no gimmicks in regards to the content and regular DLC F6 has.

GT6 is full of old out of date assets, online that's worse than GT5, gimmicks that hardly anyone will use, broken promises, half-truths and downright lies.

Last edited:
Techincally I can't answer because I've never played FM6, but I'll reply anyway since apparently the OP never played GT6 and gave his opinions. Hmm.

As a potential customer, the fact that FM6 does not have day/night and weather transitions on the latest hardware is puzzling and borderline laughable. All of the other FM6 'pros' don't make up for it. Period.

I also try not to make a habit of crashing, so wreck physics and rendering are at the complete bottom of my priority list.

To me its like asking which of your children you like better, or which car in your garage you like better or do you like hamburgers or pizza, Ferrari or Porsche?

GT6 has strengths I like, weaknesses I laugh at and so does FM6.

Put it like this, Forza 4 didnt have weather or day/night and IMO overall, it kills FM6 GT6 and just about everything in the last 10yrs as far as the 'complete package' goes.

Of course I find it funny that FM6 cant handle dynamic weather or night cycles while the Ps3 and GT6 can but PD are good at some things, Turn 10 are good at others.

You can dwell on things you cant accept or you can enjoy both games for what they are.

I also think both games kind of have regular 'updates' that make me keep coming back at different times.

Right now I'm enjoying the GT6 seasonals but come early January I'm putting it down for the next slew of FM6 car dlc.

If I had only FM6 I'd be bored now because there's a big slow spot between monthly DLC.

I've played both however it's been roughly 1.5 years since I played GT6 as I sold the console to join my friends on Xbox One. They're both great games and I think it really comes down to which features you prefer, as someone who plays online the majority of the time I still find myself missing the multiplayer system of GT6 (I'd argue it's better than FM6's), and the dynamic weather combined with it. One of my favorite activities was to join the multiplayer Nordschleife free run lobbies and run some laps with my favorite cars, and then being able to change car at will which cannot be done on FM6. As all of the lobbies were user-created it was also easier to get rid of dirty drivers as it just required the host to kick them, on FM6 unless you're in a private lobby good luck trying to kick them. Unfortunately I lost interest in rally racing when we got to GT5 and 6, I just didn't enjoy the tracks, give me point-to-point stages or the classic GT rally tracks any day.

As for FM6 I really enjoy the more in-depth customization options, the community creates some amazing designs so even when everyone is in the same car it doesn't have to look like the same team is fielding the whole grid. The larger grid on FM6 brings slightly more mayhem when it comes to the multiplayer first corner scenario but once you're past that I think 24 players is a good number and can often make racing more enjoyable. Although GT6 has more cars in numbers, I really prefer the selection FM6 provides, especially Group 5 cars :D.

I think the games are very equal although I enjoy them for different reasons, ignoring the fact that my friends are on Xbox I really couldn't pick between them. If either of them took one of the features I've mentioned above and added it to their game then I'd have a clear winner but as they are it's too close.

I also try not to make a habit of crashing, so wreck physics and rendering are at the complete bottom of my priority list.

The damage system might be better on FM6 but I'm not so sure on the wreck physics, I've seen some questionable things happening when 2 cars come together both online and offline.

I've played both however it's been roughly 1.5 years since I played GT6 as I sold the console to join my friends on Xbox One. They're both great games and I think it really comes down to which features you prefer, as someone who plays online the majority of the time I still find myself missing the multiplayer system of GT6 (I'd argue it's better than FM6's), and the dynamic weather combined with it. One of my favorite activities was to join the multiplayer Nordschleife free run lobbies and run some laps with my favorite cars, and then being able to change car at will which cannot be done on FM6. As all of the lobbies were user-created it was also easier to get rid of dirty drivers as it just required the host to kick them, on FM6 unless you're in a private lobby good luck trying to kick them. Unfortunately I lost interest in rally racing when we got to GT5 and 6, I just didn't enjoy the tracks, give me point-to-point stages or the classic GT rally tracks any day.

As for FM6 I really enjoy the more in-depth customization options, the community creates some amazing designs so even when everyone is in the same car it doesn't have to look like the same team is fielding the whole grid. The larger grid on FM6 brings slightly more mayhem when it comes to the multiplayer first corner scenario but once you're past that I think 24 players is a good number and can often make racing more enjoyable. Although GT6 has more cars in numbers, I really prefer the selection FM6 provides, especially Group 5 cars :D.

I think the games are very equal although I enjoy them for different reasons, ignoring the fact that my friends are on Xbox I really couldn't pick between them. If either of them took one of the features I've mentioned above and added it to their game then I'd have a clear winner but as they are it's too close.

The damage system might be better on FM6 but I'm not so sure on the wreck physics, I've seen some questionable things happening when 2 cars come together both online and offline.
Very good post bud, I agree with you big time. I do like GT6 more, but both games get a tie in my opinion. They are just great games for the reasons you mentioned. I am just glad I can play both!

As a potential customer, the fact that FM6 does not have day/night and weather transitions on the latest hardware is puzzling and borderline laughable. All of the other FM6 'pros' don't make up for it. Period.
While it is a bit disappointing that it wasn't implemented fully, I feel the only way it would be a big laugh is if atleast one of it's rival companies can actually get it working as intended. So far the sim racing community can't seem to get this working properly on consoles. Do you prefer to have a game working at 100% the whole time but having minimal implementation, or do you not mind fluctuations in FPS while playing but having a full weather cycle? It would be rely on the user to decide what compromise they would have to make, and how they prioritize things like FPS or graphical fidelity.

Techincally I can't answer because I've never played FM6, but I'll reply anyway since apparently the OP never played GT6 and gave his opinions. Hmm.

That was weird, right? Certainly starts the thread off on the wrong foot: "For those that have both, please compare. I don't, but I will anyway".

Horses for courses, I suppose. GT6's big pro – the variable time/weather – doesn't outweigh the fact it plays havoc on the frame rate, is littered with PS2 legacy assets, has horrible online connectivity issues (but arguably better online, which I'll get to later), and has seemingly deserted filling the holes in its lineup with real cars in favour of increasingly out-there fantasy rides. For me, anyway.

Variable weather is a good feature, and something I feel the sims should all be aiming for – even Horizon 2 does it – but I still can't shake the feeling it's a feature that appeals to a small minority of the player base. Not that that's a good enough reason to ignore adding in the feature, though. That's not what I'm saying. But after wracking up thousands of miles in FM6 since release, a good chunk of them being online, I've found that when given the option to race in rain or on a dry track, people predominantly vote for the dry tracks.

For longer races, I like the strategy that's introduced when the weather can change on you. I don't have as much free time to do those sorts of race lengths anymore, but I appreciate it nonetheless. But, from my (admittedly anecdotal) experience, it looks like most people are more pre-occupied with being able to go as fast as possible around the track. The lack of grip in the rain frustrates them.

One thing I do appreciate in GT is that it's optional, though. I like running hot laps at tracks; I've done it at the 'Ring since GT4, and I'm about 200 cars into doing every one in FM6 at Lime Rock. Having static track conditions makes comparisons a lot easier.

I will never understand this reasoning. Very few of us try to crash, but it's an obvious truth that accidents can and do happen. To pretend otherwise is just silly. When they do happen, for better or worse, I'd like the option to have the consequences for them. Not a flimsy "thunk" noise and that's it.

So, I own both. I've put a few thousand miles on FM6 since getting review access to it, and I've played GT6 more in the back half of 2015 than I did in the previous 16 months before, so it's fresher in my mind.

GT6 has over double the car count than FM6, but I find myself wanting to buy nearly every single car in the latter (other than same-car-different-livery situations), while my GT6 garage hovers around 300 (283 according to the official site). I appreciate the idea of the car encyclopedia approach that Gran Turismo has, but it means there are huge gaps in the offerings, while some models are almost obsessively over-represented. I love the FD RX-7, but I don't need over a dozen barely different models of it, if those differences are even modelled properly. I don't need made-up trims of cars, either.

Meanwhile, companies like BMW, Alfa, or pretty much any European car maker got barely any new models in the three year jump between GT5 and GT6, to say nothing of the limited real-car DLC. I'm not saying the game should focus on only new cars – that'd be silly – but players do like to see an updated list as well as the classics. Balance is a good thing. I've covered this more in-depth in this thread, so I'll quote my BMW comparison here, and then move on from the lineup:

The database has been updated. Nothing really stands out to me, other than FM6 having the most Swedes out of all the games since FM4. That game benefitted from all of the older Koenigsegg models, and the dearly-departed Saab. If the next few months give us 8 cars instead of 7 (a free one tied to the update), 2015 will wrap with FM6 hitting 500 current-gen models. And then comes Porsche...

Breaking things down further, looking at individual manufacturers, FM tends to have the jump on GT, unless it's a Japanese make, or a rare, one-model brand. BMW has 68 models in the database, from GT5 up to FM6. Comparing just the two games with 6 in the title, though:
  • 1957 507 (Premium in GT6, last seen in FM4)
  • 1973 2002 Turbo (Standard in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1975 3.0CSL Racecars (not in GT6, two liveries in FM6)
  • 1979 M1 Procar (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1981 M1 (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1986 M635CSi (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1988 M5 (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1991 M3 (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1995 850CSi (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1995 M5 (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1997 M3 (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 1998 Z3 M Coupe (Standard in GT6, last seen in 2002 guise in FM4)
  • 1999 V12 LMR (Standard in GT6, two liveries in FM6)
  • 2000 Z8 (Premium in GT6 as 2001 model, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2003 320i Touring car (Standard in GT6, not in FM6)
  • 2003 M3 CSL (Standard in GT6, not in FM6)
  • 2003 M3 GTR (Standard in GT6, last seen in 2002 guise in FM4)
  • 2003 M5 (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2003 Z4 (Premium in GT6, not in FM6)
  • 2004 120d (Standard in GT6, not in FM6)
  • 2004 120i (Standard in GT6, not in FM6)
  • 2004 M3 (Standard in GT6, fully modelled in FM6 as 2005 model)
  • 2005 330i (Standard in GT6, not in FM6)
  • 2005 M5 (Standard in GT6 [and Premium in 2008 guise), last seen in 2009 guise in FM4)
  • 2007 135i Coupe (Premium in GT6, last seen in 2009 guise in FM4)
  • 2007 Concept 1 Series tii (Premium in GT6, not in FM6)
  • 2007 M3 (Premium in GT6, fully modelled in 2008 guise in FM6)
  • 2008 Z4 M Coupe (Premium in GT6, last seen in FM4)
  • 2009 M3 GT2 (Premium in 2010 and 2011 guise in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2011 1 Series M Coupe (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2011 X5 M (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2011 Z4 GT3 (Premium in GT6, two liveries in 2014 guise in FM6)
  • 2011 Z4 sDrive35i (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2012 M5 (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2013 M6 Coupe (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2014 125i BTCC (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2014 M235i (not in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2014 M4 Coupe (Premium in GT6, fully modelled in FM6)
  • 2014 M4 M Performance Edition (Premium in GT6, not in FM6)
  • BMW Vision GT (Partial Premium in GT6, not in FM6, obviously)
That's 40 total. Breaking it down a different way, here are the cars that are shared:
  • 1973 2002 Turbo*
  • 1999 V12 LMR*
  • 2000/01 Z8
  • 2004/05 M3*
  • 2007/08 M3
  • 2009/10/11 M3 GT2
  • 2011/14 Z4 GT3
  • 2014 M4 Coupe
Cars in GT6 that aren't available in FM6:
  • 1957 507
  • 1998 Z3 M Coupe*
  • 2003 320i Touring Car*
  • 2003 M3 CSL*
  • 2003 M3 GTR*
  • 2003 Z4
  • 2004 120d*
  • 2004 120i*
  • 2005 330i*
  • 2005/08 M5
  • 2007 135i Coupe
  • 2007 Concept 1 Series tii
  • 2008 Z4 M Coupe
  • 2014 M4 M Performance Edition
  • BMW Vision GT
Cars in FM6 that aren't available in GT6:
  • 1975 3.0CSL Racecars
  • 1979 M1 Procar
  • 1981 M1
  • 1986 M635CSi
  • 1988 M5
  • 1991 M3
  • 1995 850CSi
  • 1995 M5
  • 1997 M3
  • 2003 M5
  • 2011 1 Series M Coupe
  • 2011 X5 M
  • 2011 Z4 sDrive35i
  • 2012 M5
  • 2013 M6 Coupe
  • 2014 125i BTCC
  • 2014 M235i
* - Denotes Standard car.

FM6 only has two more exclusives, but they arguably cast a wider net. Personally, I miss the two Zx M cars (the clown shoe, and Bangle's brilliant Z4), and the 507, but I'm a lot less interested in a lightbar'd M4, or decade-old 1-series that probably populate the used car lists more than anybody's wishlists. The CSL would be nice, but it's a Standard.

I think I'll compare other makes on a regular basis, just to drum up discussion.

Tuning and modifying, without a doubt, goes to FM6. Two thirds of GT's roster has only limited visual mods because they're decade-old assets. FM6 has every single car built to roughly the same level of detail as GT's Premiums (though some models are notoriously lower-quality, like the 22B). Some, above, as they have the underhood stuff modelled too. There's more visual modification, and the tuning menu has more parameters. I'm amazed GT6 still doesn't let me adjust tire pressure, for instance.

Speaking of visual mods, the wheel upgrades in both games could use some new designs. At least changing wheels has a noticeable difference on your car in FM, though: designs have different weights associated with them, and there's a more in-depth approach to wheel sizes. You can widen your tires, or increase the diameter of your wheels, independently from front to back. These all affect your PI number, which is integral as far as I'm concerned. Oh, you can paint stock wheels too, but I really wish both games would put a system like GT4's Wheels Of The Day in place!

Oh yeah, painting your cars. Easily, Forza wins there. I can make designs, I can download others' creations. I can create logos, I can download others' creations. I can paint my car any colour on the wheel, in a variety of finishes. I could give it a full carbon look. Plus, designs can be another income stream. I've made something in the realm of a few hundred thousand credits just from people downloading and using my designs. Ironically enough, they're all GT-inspired.

I miss a few tracks from GT when I play Forza. Deep Forest is still a fantastic test track for me. I wouldn't mind being able to go to Suzuka again, though I absolutely don't miss Tsukuba or Fuji. It's good to see Apricot Hill and Midfield back: PD had a knack for great fantasy track design back in the early days, before Cape Ring bored some of us to tears. Conversely, I miss some of the real tracks from FM6 when I play GT. Road America and Atlanta are personal favourites, and I was overjoyed when I heard Sonoma was coming back to the series. COTA is a good one, even if I'm still learning it.

The track editor isn't the massive plus I was hoping it would be for GT6. Ignoring how it took forever to arrive, the limited options means, for me, it has limited use. Not actually letting us create tracks within GT6 was the type of thing nobody saw coming, and I still can't believe it. Having limited control of the height of tracks means replicas tend to be limited to flat tracks, and the scenery placement is so rigid that you never truly feel like a creation is anything other than a Course Creator track. It's not like games with extensive player resources, like ModNation Racers or Little Big Planet, where user-created content can stand toe-to-toe with the best the game makers can provide. If, however, you just want challenging ribbons of tarmac, atmosphere immersion be damned, the TPE does offer endless possibilities.

Both games' single player modes aren't as good as previous iterations. FM6's is better than GT6's, but that's a low bar for it to hop over.

Multiplayer? It's a give and take situation. FM6 shuns user-created lobbies, really only allowing you to create them for private races, so its your friends network and nothing else. There are lots of hoppers though, so you'll probably find a room you like pretty easily (unless you want an E Class race, apparently *boo hiss*). There's leagues, which, while not perfect, do cater to those that want to see a generalized points structure applied across a week.

But the hoppers force you into shorter races. They're very rigid in their approach too; you do a race, wait for everyone to finish, vote on the next track (a few options, seemingly always the same couple tracks, and then a "random" choice), get one minute to set up, then race again. GT6 made it harder to find a full room of competition, but I loved that you could have fun. Fancy an open track day at the 'Ring? Do it! There's no formalized racing required, and I remember hosting countless rooms of just that back in GT5, where you'd see anything from a full-on race car to a bright yellow Caldina hauling by. As ever, options are king, and when it comes to racing online, GT has more of them.

Shame the servers are so poor, then. I've never had major issues connecting and playing online with Forza, on the 360 or the One, but that can't be said for GT. I suppose you get what you pay for...

Rivals is a cool feature to get you playing more competitively against friends and other players, far more so than the threadbare Seasonals in GT6. It's another source of income if you don't want to do the mostly pretty standard career races.

Sounds are vastly better in FM6. You know how there are a few cars that sound accurate in GT6? It feels like that's how many sound completely wrong in FM6. GT6 has a fantastic audio engine behind it, with convincing doppler effect and other things, but the samples need a lot of work.

I prefer FM6 to GT6. Though funnily enough, it's largely because, to me, it feels like a continuation of the PS2-era Gran Turismos, with added customization. It feels like it's been made with an eye on the culture surrounding cars.

While it is a bit disappointing that it wasn't implemented fully, I feel the only way it would be a big laugh is if atleast one of it's rival companies can actually get it working as intended. So far the sim racing community can't seem to get this working properly on consoles. Do you prefer to have a game working at 100% the whole time but having minimal implementation, or do you not mind fluctuations in FPS while playing but having a full weather cycle? It would be rely on the user to decide what compromise they would have to make, and how they prioritize things like FPS or graphical fidelity.
Not for nothing I would not care if the frame rate suffered, I still would of have rather have some type of time cycle, even if they put it in only for the Ring. As you as you stated it depends on the user. Slip great post man very good detail.

I never purchased Gran Turismo 6 due to how much I enjoyed Forza 4, after playing Forza 4 for 160 hours I purchased Xbox One and I like Forza 6 even more. Here is a chart I made explaining the pro's and cons of both games in a comparison and included features one game has that the other may lack in the Pros. To keep it fair I won't be comparing the graphics.

Gran Turismo 6

Pros
-More Tracks
-More Cars
-Dynamic Time of day/Weather transition

Features
-Track Editor
-Rally Racing

Cons
-Bad Sound
-Bad AI
-Bad Car Selection (About 460-470) of 1247 are Premium
-Not as many cars on track
-Lack of Car Customization/No Player made paint designs
-Less Turning Options
-Not as many multiplayer game modes/lack of multiplayer depth
-Lackluster Damage System

Forza 6
Pros
-Better Sound
-Better Car Selection (Currently at 510 cars, all rendered the same with interiors)
-Better AI
-More Tuning Options
-More Car Customization/player made paint designs
-More cars on the track
-More multiplayer game modes and multiplayer Leagues
-Better Damage/Crash Physics

Features
-Forza Vista

Cons
-No Track Editor
-No Dynamic time of day/weather transition
-No Rally racing

Gran Turismo 6 cons really bothered me which is why I never purchased it. I really hope Gran Turismo 7 can improve upon these major flaws. I never played the full game of Gran Turismo 6, only the demo so some of my points might be wrong like car customization and tuning options but I think standard cars have less tuning options available. I am also not 100% sure about the multiplayer in Gran Turismo 6.

Having both FM6 and GT6, I can pretty roundly say I prefer GT6 by a long shot. With FM6, you simply run out of things to do quicker (at least offline), whereas I've been playing GT6 for years now and still regularly find new things to try. The track selection in FM6 is pretty decent, too (Rio, Prague and Bernese Alps are just masterpieces of city circuit design, IMO), but GT6 has more courses, many of which are better than 99% of tracks in FM6.

Oh, and GT6 also lacks the horrid "mods" system that serves as nothing more than a way for you to add an artificial dimension of challenge to a race, or cheat by giving yourself an unfair advantage over the AI.

Oh, and GT6 also lacks the horrid "mods" system that serves as nothing more than a way for you to add an artificial dimension of challenge to a race, or cheat by giving yourself an unfair advantage over the AI.
Or, in the complete opposite of that spectrum, you can severely handicap yourself if you feel up for the challenge. If you're going to talk about something you should be sure to include all the information.

Still, you're making it out to be way more of a problem than it actually is. They are not forced, they are just there. You don't have to use it, so to put it down and only single out that one instance(as well as holding back information to try to make a point) doesn't do much to help the discussion.
Not for nothing I would not care if the frame rate suffered, I still would of have rather have some type of time cycle, even if they put it in only for the Ring. As you as you stated it depends on the user. Slip great post man very good detail.
👍 I myself prefer stable frames, but it's interesting to see the different views on the subject.

With FM6, you simply run out of things to do quicker (at least offline), whereas I've been playing GT6 for years now and still regularly find new things to try.

That'll be your preference, then. FM6's offline career (including the Showcase Events, as an equivalent to GT6's Special Events) is much, much longer than GT6's. That you're hunting down new things to try in one versus the other is likely because you only try on one.

Really, both games boil down to "try and make your own fun" in relatively the same amount of time. That's sort of what the genre is designed for.

The track selection in FM6 is pretty decent, too (Rio, Prague and Bernese Alps are just masterpieces of city circuit design, IMO), but GT6 has more courses, many of which are better than 99% of tracks in FM6.

GT6 has more courses, that are better than all but one of FM6's?

Sounds a lot like artificially challenging yourself in GT6 by de-modding your car to have a "race" with the AI. Or a massive boost for "cheating", though I feel like GT6's career limited that a bit in comparison to GT5's "Bring a Bugatti against French hatchbacks" race.

The Mod system has its flaws – the silly ghost ones – but it's completely optional, in a game that has numerous different difficulty setups, unlike GT6's one-size-fits-all approach. A player should conceivably be able to tailor the experience to their preferred level then. The Mod system also stacks on another aspect of Forza; I can run the manual transmission and/or cockpit view Mod as often as I'd like – since I run those options anyway – and get rewarded for it.

Which reminds me: that's another advantage of Forza, the different difficulty levels. I also like that it incentivizes not using aids. Don't want to run TCS or ASM? Here's some extra credits for making it harder on yourself. Manual transmission? Here's some more.

I also forgot one important aspect GT6 wins on though: it has, without a doubt, the most feature-rich Photomode! I'm being serious; it's far better than anything I've come across elsewhere, since it's designed around what a camera actually does. It's not perfect, and I suppose FM6's slider approach is easier for newcomers to come to grips with, but GT6's Photomode has the ability to do frankly incredible things.

Wow, there we go at a FMvsGT thread again, with the participation of mods this time :) .
This is so boring and non-mature, there are already plenty of vs threads anyway.

That'll be your preference, then. FM6's offline career (including the Showcase Events, as an equivalent to GT6's Special Events) is much, much longer than GT6's. That you're hunting down new things to try in one versus the other is likely because you only try on one.

Believe me, I try. It's just that I can't seem to find as much to do in FM6 as I can GT6. That said, FM6 does have the capacity for "endurance" races, although whether it's a true endurance race or not really depends on the track, since you're limited to 50 laps. Still, it's fun having to factor in fuel efficiency and adjust your stint length so as to spend the least amount of time in the pits as possible.

Really, both games boil down to "try and make your own fun" in relatively the same amount of time. That's sort of what the genre is designed for.
On that, we can agree. That's what makes the genre great, isn't it? :)

GT6 has more courses, that are better than all but one of FM6's?

I could have phrased that better. What I meant was, there are some pretty exceptional courses in FM6 (Rio being a good example, and Watkins Glen), but on the whole, I feel GT6's selection is better because it has more tracks that I enjoy (High Speed Ring, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Tokyo R246, etc).

Sounds a lot like artificially challenging yourself in GT6 by de-modding your car to have a "race" with the AI. Or a massive boost for "cheating", though I feel like GT6's career limited that a bit in comparison to GT5's "Bring a Bugatti against French hatchbacks" race.

The Mod system has its flaws – the silly ghost ones – but it's completely optional, in a game that has numerous different difficulty setups, unlike GT6's one-size-fits-all approach. A player should conceivably be able to tailor the experience to their preferred level then. The Mod system also stacks on another aspect of Forza; I can run the manual transmission and/or cockpit view Mod as often as I'd like – since I run those options anyway – and get rewarded for it.

And it's fine if you consider it an advantage; different strokes for different folks. Me, though, I'd prefer to have an option to turn it off and not even have the chance to win a mod pack, because I never use them. Though I will say that, if they were to include such an option, it should be left on by default because I'm quite obviously in the minority.

Which reminds me: that's another advantage of Forza, the different difficulty levels. I also like that it incentivizes not using aids. Don't want to run TCS or ASM? Here's some extra credits for making it harder on yourself. Manual transmission? Here's some more.

That is pretty cool too, but on the other hand it can be seen as punishing users for running setups they're not comfortable with. For instance, my current situation forces me to use a controller (even though I already HAVE A WHEEL, Microsoft), and since my precision with a controller is... lacking, I can't run without aids because I'd literally be unable to drive the car (and yes, I've tried).

I also forgot one important aspect GT6 wins on though: it has, without a doubt, the most feature-rich Photomode! I'm being serious; it's far better than anything I've come across elsewhere, since it's designed around what a camera actually does. It's not perfect, and I suppose FM6's slider approach is easier for newcomers to come to grips with, but GT6's Photomode has the ability to do frankly incredible things.

And that's not even mentioning the replay mode. GT6 has all the data you need in replays, but in FM6, you're left to guess the lap, positions, etc. Not to mention the fact that it seems to cut off after roughly 30 minutes.

Or, in the complete opposite of that spectrum, you can severely handicap yourself if you feel up for the challenge. If you're going to talk about something you should be sure to include all the information.

Still, you're making it out to be way more of a problem than it actually is. They are not forced, they are just there. You don't have to use it, so to put it down and only single out that one instance(as well as holding back information to try to make a point) doesn't do much to help the discussion.

I know, but as I said above, I'd prefer to have an option to turn it off completely, since they're useless to me. That way, people who like mods can have them, and those who don't won't have them.

Last edited:
I know, but as I said above, I'd prefer to have an option to turn it off completely, since they're useless to me. That way, people who like mods can have them, and those who don't won't have them.
That option is there, It's called self-control.

That option is there, It's called self-control.
But where's the option to turn off the ability to win useless crap that I'll only end up selling immediately for virtually no profit? See, that's one of the reasons I want an option. You can have mods if you want, and I won't be forced to pray that I don't roll a mod pack every time I level up.

Believe me, I try. It's just that I can't seem to find as much to do in FM6 as I can GT6.

When you mentioned this in another thread and I asked you what new stuff you were finding to do in GT6, didn't you basically just say it was taking X car on Y track, X and Y being a combo you've not done before? So how is FM6 different? Is there not enough choice in FM6?

When you mentioned this in another thread and I asked you what new stuff you were finding to do in GT6, didn't you basically just say it was taking X car on Y track, X and Y being a combo you've not done before? So how is FM6 different? Is there not enough choice in FM6?
For me, no. That's why I think GT6's car and track selections are better, even though some argue that PD puts quantity over quality.

For me, no. That's why I think GT6's car and track selections are better, even though some argue that PD puts quantity over quality.

Well they do, that's pretty much a fact when you've got 800 odd PS2 models, the vast majority of which are Japanese cars from the 80s and 90s. But ok.

Well they do, that's pretty much a fact when you've got 800 odd PS2 models, the vast majority of which are Japanese cars from the 80s and 90s. But ok.
That's true, but for me it's all about the experience of driving and trying new things, so I don't mind. :)

But where's the option to turn off the ability to win useless crap that I'll only end up selling immediately for virtually no profit? See, that's one of the reasons I want an option. You can have mods if you want, and I won't be forced to pray that I don't roll a mod pack every time I level up.
It is an option having it there and not using it, it's very easy to do so I'm not sure why you'd need another option on top just to keep them out of eyesight. That as well as the fact that it is actually 100% profit, as you are not losing anything by getting them for free.

I enjoyed both games. Each has something to offer that the other does not. Overall I have enjoyed F6 a lot more over GT6 by a longshot.

You guys are always missing something very important when it comes to compare GT6 and forza games.

Their price.

GT6 has absolutely no paid DLC so far. Every update has come for free.

How much does Forza 6 cost, including ALL paid DLC? 150€? more?

Ok lets be generous to forza and say the total is 120 which is twice what GT6 costs (60)
Is FM6 twice better than GT6? Definitely not. Considering both hardware I think F6 is just marginally better at most.

So taking in count the quality-price factor GT6 wins by far.

I'm pretty sure it's not even close to that price. IIRC, the DLC comes up to less than £30 in total. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there.

You guys are always missing something very important when it comes to compare GT6 and forza games.

Their price.

Ok lets be generous to forza and say the total is 120 which is twice what GT6 costs (60)
Is FM6 twice better than GT6? Definitely not. Considering both hardware I think F6 is just marginally better at most.

The price for Forza 6 is $59.99
The Price for GT6 is $14.99

The difference is $45 dollars at this moment, so you are quite literally right saying they have a price difference. You're not right in the way you approached the situation though, as something that is completely optional should not be considered when talking about price of two base games.

The arguement of DLC is not a great one, as it's optional and is not required in any way whatsoever to enjoy the vast amount of cars that the base game already has. If you don't feel like paying for DLC than dont as you're more then likely going to get them in the next iteration(or some kind of different trim of said vehicle, at least.) The amount of free DLC in the past Forza games have already rivaled that of PD. This trend has continued for iterations, so I don't see it stopping here.

I'm pretty sure it's not even close to that price. IIRC, the DLC comes up to less than £30 in total. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there.
The season pass covers 6 months worth of DLC, which is around $30 if I remember correctly.

On that, we can agree. That's what makes the genre great, isn't it? :)

I don't think we really do. Perhaps you can be clearer: you've been specifically talking about the offline experience, and how a game you've owned for a month or so has nothing more for you to do, while the game you've owned for two years does, right?

So, I'm curious (though @Samus already asked): are you not just exploring different car/track combos? If you are, I'm struggling to figure out how you've already exhausted all of the permutations in FM6 in a month, but not in GT6 in two years.

I mean, unless this isn't true:

That's true, but for me it's all about the experience of driving and trying new things, so I don't mind. :)

I could have phrased that better. What I meant was, there are some pretty exceptional courses in FM6 (Rio being a good example, and Watkins Glen), but on the whole, I feel GT6's selection is better because it has more tracks that I enjoy (High Speed Ring, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, Tokyo R246, etc).

That makes a lot more sense now.

That is pretty cool too, but on the other hand it can be seen as punishing users for running setups they're not comfortable with. For instance, my current situation forces me to use a controller (even though I already HAVE A WHEEL, Microsoft), and since my precision with a controller is... lacking, I can't run without aids because I'd literally be unable to drive the car (and yes, I've tried).

It's not punishing. Punishing would be removing credits from the winnings. Which I believe does happen if you set the difficulty on the absolute easiest setting. But running with automatic transmission and full TCS/ASM doesn't lose you credits.

Really, it's like challenges in fighting games where you can't take damage. Or the no-kill rewards in Metal Gear. You're not getting punished if you play a more usual way. You're just rewarded if you take the extra challenge.

I don't know what to tell you about the controller. I find Forza games to be amazingly well-optimized when it comes to their controller setups – more so than GT games, although GT games tend to have great support for wheels versus the sometimes patchy feel of Forza games. If you've been able to play FM5, which the community tends to consider the harder steer, I don't see a reason you'd have an issue with FM6.

And that's not even mentioning the replay mode. GT6 has all the data you need in replays, but in FM6, you're left to guess the lap, positions, etc. Not to mention the fact that it seems to cut off after roughly 30 minutes.

Yep, the replay cut-off is annoying. GT6's message about recording finishing isn't quite the same: replays can be as long as you'd like, but they can't be more than 45-50 minutes if you plan on exporting them.

I don't know when they dropped the basic race info from replays in Forza. It's annoying. You can check car positions though, but it's hardly the most efficient way to do so.

FM6 also has telemetry in the replay, and during gameplay. I'd count that as "data you need", personally.

I feel the same way about winning paint chips or clothing in GT6, really.

Their price.

I too enjoy making comparisons where I simply pluck random numbers out of the air to support my argument.

Wait, no. Not that. The other thing. Facts!

@TS040 - You're not wrong.

Fact: Paid DLC is optional. It was in GT5, it is in FM6.
Fact: The Paid DLC so far in FM6 totals $30 - if you've bought the season pass (42 cars). If you're buying each individual pack, the three so far total $21. There are still three more packs to go to cover the season pass, and as many as nine more total.
Fact: FM6 has also had free monthly cars (Infiniti Q60, NISMO GT-R LM, Silvia).

As ever with DLC, YMMV. Some will find value in the option of driving cars in the current game, as opposed to waiting an untold length of time for the next iteration. Others won't, and believe the people behind the game should continue working on new content for free.

Personally, if PD had supported GT6 with relevant, consistent DLC packs of production cars, I would've probably given them my money. Not only is it early access, it's supporting a company I want to succeed.

I don't think we really do. Perhaps you can be clearer: you've been specifically talking about the offline experience, and how a game you've owned for a month or so has nothing more for you to do, while the game you've owned for two years does, right?

So, I'm curious (though @Samus already asked): are you not just exploring different car/track combos? If you are, I'm struggling to figure out how you've already exhausted all of the permutations in FM6 in a month, but not in GT6 in two years.

I haven't explored everything yet (in fact, I doubt anyone has), but I'm saying that with the fact that FM6 has fewer cars and tracks than GT6, I expect to run out of different combos to try far more quickly than in I would in GT6. Plus, with GT6's Course Creator, there's a huge, huge amount of new stuff to do coming out daily - something FM just doesn't have.

Back