For those who have both GT6 and Forza 7

• Thread starter randys
  • 31 comments
if I have been playing only GT games and want to go to Forza or Forza 7 and new Xbox, will the learning curve be that much?

I have a G27 Logitech wheel that this is supposed to be usable with the help of a
Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

Will it be that new to me or easy to figure out? Same type of racing?

Nobody has booth because Forza 7 is not out yet. And we can't really properly answer your question based on Forza 6 because FM6 wasn't great with a wheel and T10 claims to have done a lot to improve how the game handles with a wheel in FM7.

But is anything, as someone that has played all GT games and All Forza games since FM2, Forza does seem to have an easier learning curve.

Nobody has booth because Forza 7 is not out yet. And we can't really properly answer your question based on Forza 6 because FM6 wasn't great with a wheel and T10 claims to have done a lot to improve how the game handles with a wheel in FM7.

But is anything, as someone that has played all GT games and All Forza games since FM2, Forza does seem to have an easier learning curve.
Thanks...I just wasnt sure if they were the same "type" of game. Not sure what it is called, "simulator?"

Are they both such that you race others online in one area and you race the game in another in a similar fashion? Tuning, etc?

Forza offers both singleplayer and online multiplayer racing with up to 24 cars on track. Forza has ton of tuning options to get the performance you want from a car, including Engine swaps and drivetrain conversions (you can make a FWD car into RWD or AWD). Forza even has a great livery editor so you can make custom paintjobs for your car. You can even share your designs online and download other player made liveries if you don't have the skill or patients to make your own. This is an example of a custom paintjob I made myself in Forza Horizon 3.
lb1hwpo.jpg

Forza offers both singleplayer and online multiplayer racing with up to 24 cars on track. Forza has ton of tuning options to get the performance you want from a car, including Engine swaps and drivetrain conversions (you can make a FWD car into RWD or AWD). Forza even has a great livery editor so you can make custom paintjobs for your car. You can even share your designs online and download other player made liveries if you don't have the skill or patients to make your own. This is an example of a custom paintjob I made myself in Forza Horizon 3.
lb1hwpo.jpg
Far out, dig it. Can you purchase tunes for cars so you dont have to do the tuning? GT doesnt offer this but a NASCAR game I had did, I like that.

Downloading Tunes and Liveries are free to use. But if you make your own and share it you get a small amount of in-game credits each time someone downloads it. Plus there is a Quick Upgrade option when upgrading cars to automatically apply a tune for whatever performance class you choose, However those Quick Upgrade tunes wont be as good as downloading a player made one from a good tuner.

Thanks...I just wasnt sure if they were the same "type" of game. Not sure what it is called, "simulator?"

Are they both such that you race others online in one area and you race the game in another in a similar fashion? Tuning, etc?
Yeah, they're both simulators or "sims" for short.

Forza Motorsport has both online and offline (racing against the game) modes, and GT Sport looks to be that way too, but we don't know to what extent GTS will feature offline racing. As far as tuning, yes, both games feature tuning, and both will also feature livery editors where you can make paint jobs for your cars.

Thanks, so it comes down to which new player do I want, Xbox ONe X or ps4.

I have a new Samsung 4k, 65 incher, so having the 4k player in the Xbox is good.

Decisions decisions.

I am hoping to use current G27 wheel with the help of that cronusmax thing.

Yeah, they're both simulators or "sims" for short.

Forza Motorsport has both online and offline (racing against the game) modes, and GT Sport looks to be that way too, but we don't know to what extent GTS will feature offline racing. As far as tuning, yes, both games feature tuning, and both will also feature livery editors where you can make paint jobs for your cars.

To clarify @randys - GT Sport does not feature tuning in the traditional GT sense (that is, upgrading parts). At least, not that we've seen. You can still fiddle with suspension settings and gear ratios, but so far, there is no "build-up" process.

The closest to that seems to be a slider in the settings that simply bumps power output, or cuts weight.

If you're coming from GT6, I don't think FM7 will be too much of a jump. They're both broadly similar in terms of where they land on the sim spectrum. My (admittedly brief) time with GT Sport and FM7 at E3 had them feeling even more similar than in the past. However, I didn't get a chance to try Forza with a wheel. We've heard encouraging things from the guys at Fanatec, but no first-hand experience.

Thanks, so it comes down to which new player do I want, Xbox ONe X or ps4.

I have a new Samsung 4k, 65 incher, so having the 4k player in the Xbox is good.

Decisions decisions.

I am hoping to use current G27 wheel with the help of that cronusmax thing.
If you want something more in line with what GT6 has on offer, Then Forza 7 is a better fit then Gran Turismo Sport. Gran Turismo Sport seems to be more in line with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on a slightly larger scale, but with more emphasis on Racing cars then Road cars.

I've had a PS since day one and have played GT for just as long but I'm also not sure GT Sport is going to be what I want and if it's not then im making the switch to Xbox and FM7.
The list of road cars is impressive along with it's offline career mode so I have only one questions.

1. Will all the cars have detailed interiors in FM7?
This is something the GT series always fell short on and I only like to drive In-Car view.

This is something the GT series always fell short on and I only like to drive In-Car view.

Yes, granted some are better than others.

I should warn you that although there are no cardboard cutout style interiors, up until now Forza Motorsport has always only modelled the front view in cockpit view. Look behind you and it switches to an exterior view.

I should warn you that although there are no cardboard cutout style interiors, up until now Forza Motorsport has always only modelled the front view in cockpit view. Look behind you and it switches to an exterior view.
The full interior is still modelled though.

You're not alone on this one Rinsky .
Like you I've had a ps and GT from the start . Hopefully that doesn't make me too old to be still playing video games . Currently trying to decide on a PS4 and GTS or Xbox one and Forza .
Being old (ish) I'm scared of the change , but I don't like a lot of what I'm hearing about GT sport and the known car list in Forza is a it more my kind of stuff .
Can anyone shed some light on the extra costs involved in the newer consoles ? I understand there is Xbox live , season passes and car packs and the same thing with Sony .
Oh and one last stupid question . Will my Logitech drive force GT work with a ps4 ?

You're not alone on this one Rinsky .
Like you I've had a ps and GT from the start . Hopefully that doesn't make me too old to be still playing video games . Currently trying to decide on a PS4 and GTS or Xbox one and Forza .
Being old (ish) I'm scared of the change , but I don't like a lot of what I'm hearing about GT sport and the known car list in Forza is a it more my kind stuff.

Exactly.. Forza has a ton of older cars from the 60's and 70's and that's what I like driving and racing. GT Sport seems to focusing on newer cars and race cars only and that's not what I'm looking for in my racing game. Most of my friends have both Xbox and PS systems so im no stranger to playing on the Xbox but the one thing I'm going to have trouble making the switch on is the Xbox controller. Hopefully someone makes an Xbox controller laid out just like a PlayStation controller. It's that or I'm going to have to finally go out and buy a nice steering wheel and pedals.

Oh and Im 47 so your never to old.

Exactly.. Forza has a ton of older cars from the 60's and 70's and that's what I like driving and racing. GT Sport seems to focusing on newer cars and race cars only and that's not what I'm looking for in my racing game. Most of my friends have both Xbox and PS systems so im no stranger to playing on the Xbox but the one thing I'm going to have trouble making the switch on is the Xbox controller. Hopefully someone makes an Xbox controller laid out just like a PlayStation controller. It's that or I'm going to have to finally go out and buy a nice steering wheel and pedals.

Oh and Im 47 so your never to old.
Once you play Forza, and get used to the trigger system that it uses(the rumble is used for excellent feedback), it's by far the best racing game setup on a controlller.

Once you play Forza, and get used to the trigger system that it uses(the rumble is used for excellent feedback), it's by far the best racing game setup on a controlller.
The only game I have played that comes close to that kind of feel is F1 2017, which also makes great use of the haptic triggers.

Whenever I have a chance to pick up a multi-platform racing game (usually a Codemasters title) I always choose Xbox over PlayStation because of how good the controller is.

Can anyone shed some light on the extra costs involved in the newer consoles ? I understand there is Xbox live , season passes and car packs and the same thing with Sony .

PS+ and XBL Gold are required for online play on either system, but that's all.

Season passes / car packs are a different proposition. Forza typically has them, and they SPs represent a bundle discount over buying the first six car packs separately. That said, Forza games tend to have additional content outside of that Season Pass — so it doesn't cover everything post-release (though, T10 has always been very clear about that).

We have no idea about PD's post-release plans, yet.

Oh and one last stupid question . Will my Logitech drive force GT work with a ps4 ?

Nope. Not without this, anyway.

Just look at the early model Ferrari list. So many early models from the 40' 50's 60's 70's from almost every manufacturer.
There will even been a 1971 Chevy Vega GT.
I'm to old to care about console wars so it really makes me mad that I've never looked at the FM series. I've really been missing out because I really wanted more older cars in GT.

1948 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta
1952 Ferrari 375
1953 Ferrari 500 Mondial
1957 Ferrari 250 California
1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
1963 Ferrari 250LM
1964 Ferrari F-158 F1
1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
1968 Ferrari 365 GTB/4
1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2
1982 Ferrari #71 Ferrari France 512 BB/LM
1982 Ferrari #72 N.A.R.T. 512 BB/LM
1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
1987 Ferrari F40
1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione

That thing was a beast in Forza Motorsport 6; there's no way you could get into one of those and not think "MAXIMUM ATTACK" once you set off.

My favorite car to drive in GT6 is the 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB4 or also known as the Ferrari Daytona. Just something about an old Ferrari I love.
The list of old Ferraris in FM7 has me drooling and I would definitely own and test them all out. I don't care if I was to never win a race with them its what I would still drive 90% of the time.

DriveHub looks like a good choice but it's a big chunk of what I'd be looking at spending on a new wheel .
Wonder if it will encourage Sony and Xbox to release a patch to support older wheels ?

While I haven't saw Forza 7 yet I would think that it will be very similar to all the previous titles as far as jumping from GT to Forza goes.
I was a big GT fan, played GT4 for a very long time then moved to Forza 2, then 3 then GT5 back to Forza 4 and then GT6, Project Cars and now Projects Cars 2 and Forza 7.

I had no trouble jumping from one to the other. The tuning and upgrade options in Forza are better than in GT. Both games have there ups and downs and both are must have if you enjoy collecting, building and racing all sorts of cars.

While I haven't saw Forza 7 yet I would think that it will be very similar to all the previous titles as far as jumping from GT to Forza goes.
I was a big GT fan, played GT4 for a very long time then moved to Forza 2, then 3 then GT5 back to Forza 4 and then GT6, Project Cars and now Projects Cars 2 and Forza 7.

I had no trouble jumping from one to the other. The tuning and upgrade options in Forza are better than in GT. Both games have there ups and downs and both are must have if you enjoy collecting, building and racing all sorts of cars.
Thanks for the input.

That's good to know because tuning on the cars in GT was something I really enjoyed doing and I was concerned I'd be completely lost switching to FM7. The more I read about GTS and FM7 there is little doubt anymore that FM7 is the one for me now. Sony and PD just lost a very long time loyal customer.

FWIW, I find jumping between some types of games difficult. I’d struggle going from Forza to Assetto Corsa or Horizon to Dirt Rally. I can jump between Forza and GT6 almost at will and feel in the groove.

if I have been playing only GT games and want to go to Forza or Forza 7 and new Xbox, will the learning curve be that much?

I have a G27 Logitech wheel that this is supposed to be usable with the help of a
Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

Will it be that new to me or easy to figure out? Same type of racing?

I do not know about the Drive Hub part. Have not saw one nor know anyone using it. I'll be playing Forza on the PC but if the Drive Hub thing works I would be interested in getting one for my XBox as I have 3 wheels that do not work with it now.

As for the racing. Forza allows you to set the AI level so you can make it easier than GT or more difficult to win races. It is still AI though so ...

One of the big bonuses with Forza is the leaderboard and rival mode where you can hot lap and earn credits while doing so [ or at least you could in Forza 6] The options for online racing have been better overall in Forza as well but they have had public user created lobbies in some versions and not in others. I hope they will be back in FM7 but have no idea one way or the other right now.

Back