Force Feedback

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dabest
  • 10 comments
  • 917 views
Messages
640
Messages
XxNinjamanXD
Hello

I got a Logitech G27 for myself today but find it useless for me in GT5. That is because the force feedback is to annoying. I'm just wondering is there any way to turn it off?
 
Just keep with it. It's difficult to get the hang of it. Don't get frustrated and take it slow.
 
Took me a couple of weeks to be really comfortable with my DFGT, now I wouldn't be without it, but for the first couple of days I wondered if I'd done the right thing buying it.
 
I got a wheel for Christmas. I actually used it once!! I'm finding the 900 degrees hard to get used to.
 
Dabest
Hello

I got a Logitech G27 for myself today but find it useless for me in GT5. That is because the force feedback is to annoying. I'm just wondering is there any way to turn it off?

Don't do that. Pointless to turn it off. Go to options and turn the FFB down. Also keep Power Assisted Steering off. Better in the long run
 
I got a wheel for Christmas. I actually used it once!! I'm finding the 900 degrees hard to get used to.

You shouldn't need to be turning the wheel the full 900 degrees unless you're drifting. Under normal racing conditions, I rarely go past 1/4 of a turn of the wheel. If you're having to use more wheel than that, then you're going too fast for the turn...slow down some.
 
Adjust force feedback in the options menu. My learning curve for the G27 was about 3 weeks. It is more than worth it once you get comfortable with the difference. Adds a whole new level of enjoyment to the game
You may need to change your tuning setups to get better response.
 
You shouldn't need to be turning the wheel the full 900 degrees unless you're drifting. Under normal racing conditions, I rarely go past 1/4 of a turn of the wheel. If you're having to use more wheel than that, then you're going too fast for the turn...slow down some.

Thanks for the advice as usual friend !! Imma gonna make a racing chair to house it!!
 
What you should do is take a car that you drove a lot to a free run practice or arcade mode. Do a few laps to practice on a wide track at multiple speeds so you can learn smooth inputs to get things buttoned down for how much steering angle you need at each speed.

It sounds like you're trying to (and no offense intended) ham-fist every turn if you're going near full lock because you're used to how the game plays with a controller, and once you ease into how different the game is with a wheel you'll find yourself doing much better.
 
Last edited:
Yup I'm really used to the controller. And i was just checking to see how the wheel works. My problem is I had the wheel on my lap and it kept moving all over the place!
I got the idea to make my chair while looking at racing chairs online. Plan to get started this week.
I was way too aggressive the first time.
 
Yup I'm really used to the controller. And i was just checking to see how the wheel works. My problem is I had the wheel on my lap and it kept moving all over the place!
I got the idea to make my chair while looking at racing chairs online. Plan to get started this week.
I was way too aggressive the first time.

Yea, you really need to fasten your wheel down in order to be 100% effective with it. Good luck with your build.👍
 
Back