Ford F-150: SVT Raptor Project In the Flesh

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 156 comments
  • 23,510 views
That actually wouldn't surprise me at all. All of the chrome hanging off would be much better suited to an Excursion.

And then there are the guys who like their truck looking as clean and shiny as possible:boggled:.
 
That grille is horribly ugly. I don't have any other words to describe it.
 
At least it departs from the current "Bold" theme, a bit. I was worried it'd get the full Gillette look
 
Nah, it's more like the remington clean xChange now.
 
Did they just have to cross breed the front ends of the superduty and this years F150?
 
I really like it. I was hoping they'd evolve on the "gillet" grille. Looks pretty damn good I'd say. If the F150 gets the updated interior treatment that the Super Duty got it should be one sweet place to be (as if I didn't love it to begin with).

Oh and this made my pants happy:
Power for the new F-150 is expected to come from either Ford's new 5.8L or 6.2L BOSS V8. It still remains a possibility that Ford will offer both engines.

And lets not forget that Ford WILL be offering one--if not two diesels for the new F150. Should see a V6 and a V8 me thinks.
 
How about more deets?

Atuoblog
For those thinking that the '09 F-150 is just a skin-deep redesign, you'd be wrong. The entire platform is new and boasts a fully boxed frame made of hydroformed high-strength steel. It's lighter and stronger than the current platform, so expect payload and maximum towing numbers to increase when they're released on Sunday.

09f150_frame_as10924.jpg


Pulling those payloads will be an engine lineup comprised entirely of V8s, as the V6 option's been dropped in favor of a 4.6L 2-valve V8 that offers more power and the same fuel economy. The mid-grade engine is a 4.6L 3-valve V8, while the 5.4L Triton V8 has been reworked to provide more power and run on E85. What's more, in the near future, Ford will offer both a diesel engine and a new EcoBoost turbocharged direct-inject V6 in the F-150. Until that time, its new all-V8 engine lineup features a fleet average 1 mpg boost in fuel economy.

09f150platinum_30_mr.jpg


The F-150's interior has also been revamped, though it was already class-leading to begin with. We'll wait until we have a chance to sit in one before we reveal whether or not Ford's interior designers messed with a good thing. New additions, however, include the availability of SYNC, Sirius Travel Link and a Sony brand stereo. Perhaps the biggest news inside the F-150 is how big it's become. Ford has added a full six inches to the length of the four-door model, all of which goes to increase rear-seat legroom to limo-like lengths. The rear floor is also completely flat, which Ford boasts is perfect for carrying a large flatscreen TV home from Best Buy.

09f150fx4_12_mr-(1).jpg


as1090609f150_fullintprop_cg.jpg


Being that the U.S. truck market is such a competitive segment, you'd expect the '09 F-150 to include plenty of nifty features to set it apart. There's the Tailgate Step donated from the Super Duty, as well as new Box Side Steps that swing out with a flick of the foot right in front of the rear wheels. We're eager to try out one of Ford's first applications of its new Capless Fuel-Filler System, too.

We'll have more details on the 2009 Ford F-150 on Sunday morning when it rolls out on stage at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show, including horsepower figures for its three engines, as well as payload and towing ratings. We expect them to be class leading. This is the F-150, after all.

09f150_fx4_3-4frnt_as11169.jpg


09f150_kr_3-4frtdrvr_as10958.jpg


09f150_xl_3-4frtdrvr_as10925.jpg


09f150_xlt_3-4frtdrvr_as11181.jpg


I still like it. Not as much as the GMT900s, but I still like it...
 
I have to agree. All the same, aren't 2-valve engines still harmful for the environment?
 
Not as much as an overworked V6 that can't keep the weight moving without dropping a gear.
 
Wow, fantastic. I'm really liking the new exterior tweaks. So they drop the V6 in favor of the 2V 4.6L V8? I hope they get that EcoBoost twin turbo V6 in there because that would easily be better than the 4.6L modular. I hope they also get the Hurricane V8 in there soon.
 
The less fancy grilles look worse than the chrome one. I guess it's a great compliment to it's ugly older brother.:indiff:

The interior is nice, but somebody should tell Ford that they aren't making a spaceship. And I'm not too thrilled about how much the doors stick into the interior.

But then again, I don't really like Ford trucks.
 
Well, it's ok for a truck as it is Ford after all, but I'm a Chevy guy when it comes to things. The Avalanche for me please.
 
The Avalanche is the ugliest truck ever. And is rather pointless just like the Sport Trac.
 
JCE
The Avalanche is the ugliest truck ever. And is rather pointless just like the Sport Trac.
Then that's where we differ. I like it, and I'd pick it over other trucks in a heartbeat.
 
I like the interior, Ford has a winner with this one. It looks way better than the Silverado and Ram.
 
Well, compared to the Silverado, It just fills itsself in better visually. The Silverado has a ton of space above the rear tires, which I find, well, a little cheap-looking, especially since it makes the wheels look smaller.

Chrysler's in trouble, and you might as well make a charitable donation than buy a Ram.
 
JCE
The Avalanche is the ugliest truck ever. And is rather pointless just like the Sport Trac.

I wholeheartedly disagree!

As an owner of a 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche LT (well, its my Dad's truck), I have to say its one of the best vehicles we've ever bought! The ability for it to be a suitable SUV, and then convert itself into a full-size pickup is stellar. Its comfortable, quiet, and fairly refined. Well, the GMT900 is obviously better, but our GMT800 does just fine...

Having the whole family in there and all our crap in the back is nice, and in the summer, its fun to just have the front bench and the whole back open with our equipment in the bed. Its a great work truck as well, we've removed several stumps with it on our property...
 
Sorry, what ever little utility it has is completely overmatched by its ugliness and its cheap interior build quality...or should I coin a new phrase: cheap "build unquality".

The Sport Trac is just as useless--but at least it is easy on the eyes and has a much much better and more comfortable interior. Especially the new one...hmmm me thinks the new Sport Trac needs this new EcoBoost stuffage.
 
The Avalance has a MidGate. That makes it useful. It has a nice interior too.
 
JCE
Sorry, what ever little utility it has is completely overmatched by its ugliness and its cheap interior build quality...or should I coin a new phrase: cheap "build unquality".

I do have to ask: Have you been in a GMT900 Avalanche yet?

I'd rate those materials quite a bit higher than whats available in the Ford lineup, which had taken the top-notch spot for quite some time. Our GMT800 isn't anything all that spectacular compared to what is out now, but it has been almost completely trouble-free in the nearly three years we've had it. Outside of the recalls, there was an issue with the transmission control unit that had to be replaced. Returning 17 MPG on average, it was perfect for Dad, and he hasn't complained one bit.

...It should be replaced by a Camaro next year, so yeah, not having as many kids to tow around means he gets the "fun" car and his wife (not my Mom) is stuck with the Envoy. Which she likes anyway...
 
I still think the GM interiors of old and new are still seriously lacking.

This:
163_0704_11z_toty+2007_Chevrolet_Avalanche_Z71+dash_view.jpg


Cannot compete with this:
09f150fx4_12_mr-(1).jpg


Every GM and SUV I've ever been in with exception to the SRX has a completely rubbish interior. It feels just as cheap as my dad's old 1993 GMC pickup that he used to have. The Ford not only looks better but generally has better feeling materials. This is of course my opinion like yours is the reverse no doubt.

As a parting thought, at least the GM interior is lightyears beyond Chrysler's POS interiors...which is about to get much worse with Chinese influence.
 
The new Ram interior isn't too bad now...

dg009_062rm.jpg


But, I still prefer the GM way of doing things. Everything is where you'd expect it to be, and they're easy to get to. The lack of buttons is a HUGE bonus in my book...
 
Problem on Chrysler's side is that they're not really exceeding the competition on any way, just kind of keeping up.
 
That RAM interior is still bad...too much "black" empty space in the centre console. And I just don't like the steering wheel or shifter or the dash itself. I only give them props for making it slightly better than the previous RAM. Every other manufacturer makes better interiors than Chrysler/Dodge. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
 
Not living in america, and not having to look at this 9000 times every day, I count myself lucky...

:yuck:
 
Wow, I like this idea!

31062.jpg


Atuoblog
There are rumors circulating the web of a Ford truck so freakin' cool it'd make even the most Euro-centric bloggers among us stop dead in our tracks, and if true, would make everything else do just the same.

The report claims that Ford is working on a derivative of the all-new F-150 pick-up internally known as "Raptor". The pumped-up version of the popular truck is said to feature a long-travel suspension (developed with Fox Racing), 35-inch tires, and – wait for it – a possibly turbocharged version of the upcoming Boss V8. Essentially a Baja 1000 or Dakar racing truck available to the public, the Raptor would be capable of covering rough terrain at high speeds, and also feature distinctive bodywork wider and lower than a conventional F-150. Word of the Boss V8 finding its way into an F-150 has also led to speculation that Ford is preparing a new Lightning, but the Raptor seems much, much cooler. If given the green light, the Raptor could be a year-and-a-half to two years away. Stay tuned.
 
WOW! A dakar inspired Ford? I can't wait to do dealer trades in these. I bet they will sell like hotcakes. And a BOSS V8 with a turbo sounds incredably mean.
 
Wow, I like this idea!

31062.jpg

*Squeals with glee like a small child*

If they Green light this: WOW DID YOU SEE THAT F-150 GO!?

:dopey:


I like that thought. An American company putting out a turbo V8!? It would be silly not to do this.

I said it in another thread, but: We wants the boost! We WANTS it!! My... preciousss...
 
Back