Ford falcon v8 supercar

• Thread starter spiraldave
  • 20 comments
It's still early yet. Give it a little time for the number of people and tuned cars to skyrocket.

I have started to set up the Falcon although it needs more work. You should keep it at stock power and on racing hard tyres to be comparable with real v8supercar lap times.

Ride Height
F65 R70

Spring rates
18.47 15.43

Dampers
3 3

Rebound
4 4

Camber
-2.4 -1.1

Toe
0 0.2

Actual gear ratios are

Gear ratio tooth count
1st 2.57:1 14/33
2nd 1.99:1 17/31
3rd 1.66:1 19/29
4th 1.35:1 21/26
5th 1.14:1 23/24
6th 1.00:1 Constant Mesh 22/24
But GT doesn't give you the range to copy exactly

1st 2.648
2nd 1.99
3rd 1.66
4th 1.35
5th 1.104
6th 0.927
Final 3.75

This is as close as I can get

Haven't played with the LSD yet (although the v8 Supercar doesn't have a LSD in real life) so set it up how you want

Aero at minimum for those long straights

300 530

And keep it on racing hard tyres to mimic the real cars, I've been lapping consistent low 2:08s but there's more in it. Post any improvements you make this is only my first crack at it and good luck

Last edited:
I had a request in for this car, just done this as a base setup..

Ford (au) 2000 Falcon XR8 - RACING hards - 594pp (V1.2)

Stock: engine, aero

Suspension:

80 / 80
19.02 / 18.07 (use 17.29 / 17.05 for Bathurst)
2 / 4
3 / 6
3 / 2
1.0 / 0.5
-0.15 / 0.02

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

EDIT: new spring rates for Bathurst

Last edited:
Glad you guys are getting onto this. I cant tune at all but I really need a tune for this car. It just understeers far too much at bathurst. I have not lost a race when tuning has been disabled even though I hate driving the car, but when tuning is allowed there is always someone putting in 1:58.xxx laps and I cant match that with the stock car.

Hopefully one of the tunes here will kill that terrible understeer :)

I'm using @Highlandor tune as a base setup on Racing Hard tyres but still experiencing way too much understeer.
Can anyone offer some setup advice with this?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful tips

@Pete05
What is the weight distribution?
You could also try raising the nose a little.
@DolHaus
Weight distribution is 56:44 and I've removed the camber as you suggested.

I can run 2.07.xxx laps at 610pp (583bhp, still running it in) on RH tyres but could go faster if the front end would come to the party.

I'll take your suggestions for a test & report back.

Thanks for the advice bro :cheers:

@DolHaus
Weight distribution is 56:44 and I've removed the camber as you suggested.

I can run 2.07.xxx laps at 610pp (583bhp, still running it in) on RH tyres but could go faster if the front end would come to the party.

I'll take your suggestions for a test & report back.

Thanks for the advice bro :cheers:
Put some ballast in it and set it towards the rear to bring the weight distribution closer to 50:50, chances are the nose is just ploughing on in the corners and overloading the front tyres. Raising the nose will have the same basic effect but I suggest getting the weight distribution right first before playing with the ride height.
If you're still not getting enough rotation then you can try to alter the toe so it has matching toe out at the front and toe in at the rear. Try -0.1/0.1 then -0.2/0.2 then -0.3/0.3 etc. Make sure to concentrate on what effect this has on entry/mid corner grip and pick what is best for the track.

Put some ballast in it and set it towards the rear to bring the weight distribution closer to 50:50, chances are the nose is just ploughing on in the corners and overloading the front tyres. Raising the nose will have the same basic effect but I suggest getting the weight distribution right first before playing with the ride height.
If you're still not getting enough rotation then you can try to alter the toe so it has matching toe out at the front and toe in at the rear. Try -0.1/0.1 then -0.2/0.2 then -0.3/0.3 etc. Make sure to concentrate on what effect this has on entry/mid corner grip and pick what is best for the track.
I'll try the toe idea first cause I don't want to use ballast in this. I want to keep it as close to original as possible.
Just about ready to take it back to the dealer and run the prick over with it though. So frustrated!
I can't replicate the real gear ratios, I can't get the diff right and I'm starting to wonder why I spent $1.25m of my hard earned on a 14 year old V8 Supercar that handles nothing like it does in real life.
These things were rear tyre burners vs the Commodores

As Dick Johnson used to say "it's handling like a dog in a polished floor"

Its important to remember that real race cars frequently change their weight distribution for different tracks so you're not exactly diverting from original specs, the car that starts the season is never the same as the one that finishes.
The problem with front heavy cars is that it puts huge amounts of load on the front tyres and there's very little you can do about beating that without camber. Basically the surface area of the tyre isn't big enough to handle the weight transfer so it slips constantly while turning.
The LSD initial is already pretty low so there's not much you can do to allow the rear to rotate faster.
Try lifting the front end up, it will transfer weight backward when cornering and make the car easier to rotate. Try lifting it by 5mm increments and see what effect it has, eventually you will go too far but that will be noticeable because the car will start to feel really unresponsive.
The Toe can only really be used to refine the characteristics, it won't have a dramatic effect on anything with a long wheelbase car like the falcon

Its important to remember that real race cars frequently change their weight distribution for different tracks so you're not exactly diverting from original specs, the car that starts the season is never the same as the one that finishes.
The problem with front heavy cars is that it puts huge amounts of load on the front tyres and there's very little you can do about beating that without camber. Basically the surface area of the tyre isn't big enough to handle the weight transfer so it slips constantly while turning.
The LSD initial is already pretty low so there's not much you can do to allow the rear to rotate faster.
Try lifting the front end up, it will transfer weight backward when cornering and make the car easier to rotate. Try lifting it by 5mm increments and see what effect it has, eventually you will go too far but that will be noticeable because the car will start to feel really unresponsive.
The Toe can only really be used to refine the characteristics, it won't have a dramatic effect on anything with a long wheelbase car like the falcon
Thanks for the help & advice brother but the toys just went flying out of the pram and I've sold the evil bitch. I can use the money more than the frustration.
Funny thing is, I was a little hesitant when considering buying it & wouldn't have fallen for it if I wasn't feeling patriotic. How dumb do I feel?

Thanks for the help & advice brother but the toys just went flying out of the pram and I've sold the evil bitch. I can use the money more than the frustration.
Funny thing is, I was a little hesitant when considering buying it & wouldn't have fallen for it if I wasn't feeling patriotic. How dumb do I feel?
No worries mate, some turds just weren't meant to be polished

Pete I just started tuning this down to 2:06 on RH tires. Sorry mate will post later.

Last edited:
2000 Ford Falcon Pete05 Edition
NOW THAT HE SOLD IT LOL:idea:
I usually don't post to many tunes,I felt sorry for Pete05,here buddy, buy it back,I did 8 laps and a quick 10 minute tune.

Here Pete 2.05.026 at your home track.Aussie,Aussie,Aussie,oi,oi,oi!

Don't know if I did an oil change?:dunce:
My back has been showing it's age and the med's are working pretty well .:rolleyes:

Specifications
Performance Points:
608 PP
Max. Power:
639 HP
Weight:
1350 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
54 / 46
Max. Torque:
554 ft-lb
Drivetrain: