Ford Focus Active First Drive Review: Cross Off the Crossover

The back looks great, the front looks... a bit sad and melted. It's a Focus that's had too much botox just before a TV interview. Still a car I'd buy though.

Last edited:
The back looks great, the front looks... a bit sad and melted. It's a Focus that's had too much botox just before a TV interview. Still a car I'd but though.
The white isn't the best colour for it - that's actually one of the two unique colours - but the bonnet lines are interesting in one of the stronger shades, like the unique orange or the red. I've got a shot of the red hatchback somewhere...

I did genuinely have fun in it. I turned up in a 2.0 TDI, 148hp, auto (six speed) Skoda Octavia estate, and even though I do quite like pressing on in that, the 2.0 TDI, 148hp, auto (eight speed) Focus Active was better and rode better.

Ignoring the differences between the two specific cars - our Skoda's a bit mid-range (chilled glovebox though... don't know why) and the Active X is already range topping and had about eight grand of extras on it - they're pretty much equivalent on price and I think the Skoda is a slightly nicer environment and has a bigger boot, but the Focus is slightly nicer kitted and a lot nicer to drive.

chilled glovebox though... don't know why

I think I know the answer to that... the other day Mrs. Ten mentioned that her friend's car has one and it chills their bottles of water perfectly when they take it to the gym. It's a Lifestyle Option.

I think I know the answer to that... the other day Mrs. Ten mentioned that her friend's car has one and it chills their bottles of water perfectly when they take it to the gym. It's a Lifestyle Option.
Wasn't it a trick featured on the Passat, 20 years ago? Might be the newly expecting thing, next to Apple Car Play(I guess).

Back