Ford Focus - Fourth Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 129 comments
United Kingdom
Wreckage, Turn 1
PrecisionXCIV
One of the world's most prolific names associated with C-Segment motoring is set to undergo a modern makeover, with the arrival of the 2019 Ford Focus. It has been spotted in Hatchback guise, as well as Sedan form.

sb1_6067.jpg

sb1_6078.jpg

sb1_6092.jpg

2019-ford-focus-sedan-spy-photo.jpg

Even in what appears to be its mid-level trim spotted above, it looks more upmarket and features a sportier profile than the model it replaces, much like a Mazda 3. Given the eye catching wrap withe the hashtag, an official reveal can't be that far away.

Could they make it look even more dull?

Kind of reminds me of an enlarged Ka+ which is hideous.

Last edited:
Just an initial thought really concerning the 1-Series.

It does look very 3-ish, especially the side windows.

The hatchback's side profile made me think of the 1-Series for some reason.

I get where you are coming from, the the rear window has a very similar appearance to the "Hoffmeister Kink" typically found on BMWs.

Add i30 in there as well. It's almost as if the designers have gone back to the days of platform sharing with Mazda.

To me it looks like Ford is trying to emulate the Mazda3. This is dangerous. The Mazda3 actually has kind of wonky proportions and only works because the designers have very carefully controlled the surfacing of the body to minimize the reading of things like the too-long front end. Ford did not do this. It looks very ungainly from these first few images.

This thing looks massive.

I was surprised how much the Civic has grown. Almost looked as long as the Accord. This looks to have gone that route. Are there any current Fords that resemble this?

Yeah, this newer Ford Focus does have that Mazda or BMW side profile. I think the design is a bit more clean with this Focus. I guess I like the very first Focus best. I do dig this newer Focus, though.

I agree with FT-1 that it looks more like the Mazda 3 hatch.
sb1_6078.jpg

mazda3-hatch.png
I agree as well, first thought in my mind was Mazda 3 hatch and that's not really a good thing since (right or wrong) many people still think of a tie between Ford and Mazda. Could very easily cause people to make associations wrongly.

This thing looks massive.

I was surprised how much the Civic has grown. Almost looked as long as the Accord. This looks to have gone that route. Are there any current Fords that resemble this?

The sedan version looks too close to an Elantra in this shot...Ford just going for broke

Wow, if you told me that's an i30, I would've believed you. I guess Ford couldn't make a decent looking car in their own style, so thye had to copy someone else's.

The all-new Ford Focus: This is it
2018-ford-focus.jpg

Available in four distinctive flavours, you have the standard model (specced in either Zetec or Titanium)
2018-ford-focus.jpg

The rugged Active Trim:
2018-ford-focus.jpg

The Sporty ST Line:
2018-ford-focus.jpg

And the upmarket Vignale trim:
2018-ford-focus.jpg

There's no getting away from the fact it highly resembles a Mazda 3, but if you are going to copy the design of a competitor, it may as well be one of the more aesthetically pleasing models. :P

I don't know why, but I can't help but think of the Astra VXR when I see the front of the new Focus ST-Line

Back