Ford Focus - Fourth Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 129 comments
Leaked pics of the new Focus ST
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/12/say-hello-new-ford-focus-st-2-3-liter-ecoboost-engine/

3cc556be-2019-ford-focus-st-5.jpg

a2277964-2019-ford-focus-st-1.jpg

3bac2e82-2019-ford-focus-st-2.jpg

b9041602-2019-ford-focus-st-3.jpg

301e6470-2019-ford-focus-st-4.jpg

I'm not a Ford fan really but I have to admit that the new Focus looks good.

The more I see the new Focus in real life, the more I appreciate the design. It looks so much more upmarket than the previous model.

Also nice to see the ST still has some visual character with the large and contrasting rear wing, along with the bright orange paint job.

The new Focus looks more generic and still it is a better looking car than the previous model.

Doesn’t look bad, but I think too many cars sorta look alike

Attachments

• 453D25FD-8527-409F-9567-8F0D3EA65852.jpeg
    453D25FD-8527-409F-9567-8F0D3EA65852.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 23
I was biking into work today, and bewilderingly, I saw 4x 4th-gen Focii in Fisherman's Wharf in SF. Three of them were somewhat camoed and the last one was a blue ST, completely undisguised. They all had Michigan manufacturer plates. Shamefully, my phone's camera was unresponsive so I was not able to get a pic.

I'm guessing that they were there for press photos, but I'm not sure why they needed 4 of them (especially the partially disguised ones) for that purpose. Is Ford actually planning on releasing the 4g model here? To clarify, these were NOT the Focus-Activ. Maybe the ST has been successful enough to sell it in the US as a standalone model?

That's interesting to know, Ford could be doing some testing with the Focus ST here for all we know. It would be cool if they brought just the Focus ST back and maybe the RS down the road. I mean, I can understand not bringing back the regular Focus, but keeping the ST and RS out of the US still seems weird. I see plenty of ST Focuses all of the time, same with the Fiesta ST.

I was biking into work today, and bewilderingly, I saw 4x 4th-gen Focii in Fisherman's Wharf in SF. Three of them were somewhat camoed and the last one was a blue ST, completely undisguised. They all had Michigan manufacturer plates. Shamefully, my phone's camera was unresponsive so I was not able to get a pic.

I'm guessing that they were there for press photos, but I'm not sure why they needed 4 of them (especially the partially disguised ones) for that purpose. Is Ford actually planning on releasing the 4g model here? To clarify, these were NOT the Focus-Activ. Maybe the ST has been successful enough to sell it in the US as a standalone model?
I have one on the lot at work...

Saw a nice deep burgundy colored hatch. Looked low and wide. In the metal, it almost has the styling of the Puma/Cougar/Ka in the nose.

That thing seems a bit low to the ground to be very active. Ford realizes they're competing with Subaru, right? The Crosstrek in particular is extremely popular in the US and Canada where they want to sell that Active thing.
The Ford Focus Active is not coming in the US or Canada.

That thing seems a bit low to the ground to be very active. Ford realizes they're competing with Subaru, right? The Crosstrek in particular is extremely popular in the US and Canada where they want to sell that Active thing.
Yeah, next to the Golf, didn't look much different in height.

Active = Black Plastic Fenders, yo' For when you are shredding that REI parking lot hard.

New RS is officially dead due to new Euro emissions regulations and high cost to produce.

Such a shame, but it could be argued the Focus has outgrown the RS badge anyway. Look at Toyota, their homologation special is based on the B-Segment Yaris.

Probably not going to happen anytime soon with the current economic climate, but I would like to see the RS badge return on an all-wheel-drive Ford Fiesta.

Real shame about the RS dying out. Even more of a shame that we don't even get to enjoy the ST variant of the latest Focus here in the US at all OR the Fiesta ST which I would absolutely buy if it were here.

Probably not going to happen anytime soon with the current economic climate, but I would like to see the RS badge return on an all-wheel-drive Ford Fiesta.
This would be amazing to see. A nice rival to the Toyota GR Yaris, too. Bring back the rally special cars!

I'm really saddened by Ford not planning another Focus RS as I liked the Mk.3 one very much. Though I guess it doesn't matter to me anymore since Ford decided that no American wants a hot hatchback.

Various prototypes for the Focus Facelift have been spotted.

Active Wagon:
ford-focus-facelift-fotos-espia-202174974-1612254648_1.jpg

ford-focus-facelift-fotos-espia-202174974-1612254651_2.jpg

Active Hatch:
dt4y3bmb0vld.jpg

And ST-Line:
ford-focus-facelift-fotos-espia-2022-202174991-1612276783_1.jpg

ford-focus-facelift-fotos-espia-2022-202174991-1612276808_9.jpg

Facelift? The current one is beautiful! I'm actually still mad that we don't get it in the US because apparently it's an excellent little car and looks fantastic.

Facelift? The current one is beautiful! I'm actually still mad that we don't get it in the US because apparently it's an excellent little car and looks fantastic.
:lol:

In Europe that is not considered a little car. :P At least not by me. A little car over here is:

iu

iu

:D

In Europe that is not considered a little car. :P At least not by me. A little car over here
To be fair, European roads are much smaller. Us American knuckleheads here have wide open spaces to stretch out in.

Which is probably why we have big pickup trucks.

Latest Posts

Back