Ford Focus - Fourth Generation

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by FT-1, Dec 8, 2017.

1. RocZX

RocZX Premium

2. GTboyz

GTboyz

3. BLiTZ

BLiTZ

Gloss black handles and spoiler to match the matt grey inserts on the bumper right...

4. VXR

VXR

Glad to see Tangerine Scream return.

FT-1 and BLiTZ like this.
  5. kikie

kikie Premium

I'm not a Ford fan really but I have to admit that the new Focus looks good.

6. BLiTZ

BLiTZ

Yes, I wish it was an option for the Fiesta instead of the boring palette of greys on offer for the MK8!

VXR likes this.
  7. FT-1

FT-1

The more I see the new Focus in real life, the more I appreciate the design. It looks so much more upmarket than the previous model.

Also nice to see the ST still has some visual character with the large and contrasting rear wing, along with the bright orange paint job.

VXR likes this.
  8. kikie

kikie Premium

The new Focus looks more generic and still it is a better looking car than the previous model.

9. Leo Thorne

Leo Thorne

Doesn’t look bad, but I think too many cars sorta look alike

Attached Files:

10. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I was biking into work today, and bewilderingly, I saw 4x 4th-gen Focii in Fisherman's Wharf in SF. Three of them were somewhat camoed and the last one was a blue ST, completely undisguised. They all had Michigan manufacturer plates. Shamefully, my phone's camera was unresponsive so I was not able to get a pic.

I'm guessing that they were there for press photos, but I'm not sure why they needed 4 of them (especially the partially disguised ones) for that purpose. Is Ford actually planning on releasing the 4g model here? To clarify, these were NOT the Focus-Activ. Maybe the ST has been successful enough to sell it in the US as a standalone model?

11. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

That's interesting to know, Ford could be doing some testing with the Focus ST here for all we know. It would be cool if they brought just the Focus ST back and maybe the RS down the road. I mean, I can understand not bringing back the regular Focus, but keeping the ST and RS out of the US still seems weird. I see plenty of ST Focuses all of the time, same with the Fiesta ST.

Eunos_Cosmo likes this.
  12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Volkswagen tests SEAT's and Skoda's here all the time which are definitely not sold here so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

13. Slash

Slash Premium

I have one on the lot at work...

14. 05XR8

05XR8

First one I've seen
    IMG_7026.JPG

15. 05XR8

05XR8

Saw a nice deep burgundy colored hatch. Looked low and wide. In the metal, it almost has the styling of the Puma/Cougar/Ka in the nose.

16. Keef

Keef Premium

That thing seems a bit low to the ground to be very active. Ford realizes they're competing with Subaru, right? The Crosstrek in particular is extremely popular in the US and Canada where they want to sell that Active thing.

17. c172fccc

c172fccc

The Ford Focus Active is not coming in the US or Canada.

18. 05XR8

05XR8

Yeah, next to the Golf, didn't look much different in height.

19. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

Active = Black Plastic Fenders, yo' For when you are shredding that REI parking lot hard.

20. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

Hayden and GTboyz like this.
  21. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

22. FT-1

FT-1

Such a shame, but it could be argued the Focus has outgrown the RS badge anyway. Look at Toyota, their homologation special is based on the B-Segment Yaris.

Probably not going to happen anytime soon with the current economic climate, but I would like to see the RS badge return on an all-wheel-drive Ford Fiesta.

23. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

That's a real shame. Volkswagen must be rejoicing though. I have a feeling Mk.8 Golf R sales will be quite high.

24. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Real shame about the RS dying out. Even more of a shame that we don't even get to enjoy the ST variant of the latest Focus here in the US at all OR the Fiesta ST which I would absolutely buy if it were here.

This would be amazing to see. A nice rival to the Toyota GR Yaris, too. Bring back the rally special cars!

25. 05XR8

05XR8

Funny. The new Audi A3 has Quattro-style fenders. I second that decree.

26. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I'm really saddened by Ford not planning another Focus RS as I liked the Mk.3 one very much. Though I guess it doesn't matter to me anymore since Ford decided that no American wants a hot hatchback.