Ford GT Concept NAIAS 2015

United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
Ford.png

The Ford GT concept has been unveiled with a new twin-turbo EcoBoost engine delivering more than 600 bhp.

Perhaps one of the most important cars to grace Detroit these days, the Ford GT concept is more than just for show as a production version will be introduced in 2016. It features a design reminiscent of the original model but brought up to current standards suitable for what Ford is describing as an "ultra-high-performance supercar."

The design is not only appealing but also aerodynamically optimized to reduce drag and generate more downforce. The two-seater has upward-swinging doors granting access to the carbon fiber passenger cell while at the back there's an active spoiler automatically adjustable depending on road conditions. Ford's engineers have installed aluminum front & rear subframes covered by carbon fiber body panels and all these lightweight measures will allow the new GT to "exhibit one of the best power-to-weigh ratios of any production car."

Speaking of power, the concept has a new twin-turbo V6 EcoBoost engine developing more than 600 bhp (447 kW) sent to the 20-inch wheels wrapped around in specifically designed Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires through a dual-clutch seven-speed transaxle transmission capable of providing "near-instantaneous gear changes."

Step inside the simple yet functional cabin and you will notice an F1-inspired steering wheel, a fully digital & configurable instrument cluster along with Ford's SYNC 3 infotainment system.

The all-new Ford GT is programmed to enter production towards the end of next year.
2074008277346788027-jpg.289106
104569826457442994-jpg.289107

1619897228562424164-jpg.289110

Specs:
Engine: 3.5L Twin Turbo V6
Power: >600 hp
Drivetrain: MR

fordGT_logo_only11.jpg

Why do we need this? Well, it's pretty obvious. This thing is...simply amazing. :drool:

Last edited:
The Ford GT concept has been unveiled with a new twin-turbo EcoBoost engine delivering more than 600 bhp.

Perhaps one of the most important cars to grace Detroit these days, the Ford GT concept is more than just for show as a production version will be introduced in 2016. It features a design reminiscent of the original model but brought up to current standards suitable for what Ford is describing as an "ultra-high-performance supercar."

The design is not only appealing but also aerodynamically optimized to reduce drag and generate more downforce. The two-seater has upward-swinging doors granting access to the carbon fiber passenger cell while at the back there's an active spoiler automatically adjustable depending on road conditions. Ford's engineers have installed aluminum front & rear subframes covered by carbon fiber body panels and all these lightweight measures will allow the new GT to "exhibit one of the best power-to-weigh ratios of any production car."

Speaking of power, the concept has a new twin-turbo V6 EcoBoost engine developing more than 600 bhp (447 kW) sent to the 20-inch wheels wrapped around in specifically designed Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires through a dual-clutch seven-speed transaxle transmission capable of providing "near-instantaneous gear changes."

Step inside the simple yet functional cabin and you will notice an F1-inspired steering wheel, a fully digital & configurable instrument cluster along with Ford's SYNC 3 infotainment system.

The all-new Ford GT is programmed to enter production towards the end of next year.
I'll add that to the OP.

.............Now that's a coincidence worth mentioning: I just bought a Ford GT concept in GT6 yesterday, and now I'm reading about another GT concept. Spooky.
Before this car hits the streets, TWO things need to happen: one, Ford's gotta fix that gawd-awful back-end, and two, fuhgeddabaut that V6, drop a Cobra V8 in there!!!

Woah! Didn't know people were so hype about this car. I mean I love it. I was about to suggest it and boom it already has been suggested...

Well, you have my vote.

If this car doesn't make it to GT7 I will be really disappointed.

Gimme an F! Gimme a U! Gimme a G! Gimme an L! Gimme a Y! What's that spell?!

(Had to.)

What an awesome looking machine. I wasn't expecting it to look so modern. I assumed Ford would retain a more retro style albeit with a contemporary twist. However, I am delighted it didn't as this looks fantastic. It looks every bit a 2015 car yet there are GT40 / GT elements such as the pitch of the roof and the bridging through the bonnet.

My favourite colour is the gorgeous blue it was presented in. The lines are spectacular but when viewed from above it looks epic in how it tapers from the widest point at the front wheels right back to the piece interacting the rear wing.

243051934526747110.jpg

Last edited:
Well, yeah, but is it required? Just wondering.
It's merely relevant information.

Some of the carried-over concepts in GT4/5/6 actually contain the name of the motor show at which they debuted in their name* - by all means the least of these is the Honda HSC 37th Tokyo Motor Show '03. With that and the existence of three Gran Turismo games based around motor shows (GT Concept: 2001 Tokyo, 2002 Tokyo-Geneva and 2002 Tokyo-Seoul), I think it's relevant information we ought to be including.

*A similar thing applies to the SEMA and Concours d'Elegance winners

Back