Ford GT Concept NAIAS 2015

..........Just came from a Forza thread; they are busy discussing the possibility of Forza 6 incoming at the end of this year, with this very Ford GT as its cover vehicle. Hmmm....it seems remote now that GT6 getting this cat as a DLC - Turn 10 wouldn't want anyone stealing their thunder...
That Forza thread had this link so I'm putting it here as well:
http://jalopnik.com/the-new-ford-gt-is-probably-going-to-be-the-forza-6-cov-1678539146

..........One more tempting reason for me to (nearly) emigrate to Xboneville....

They really have to put this car in the game. They don't have to announce it, just show a GT7 trailer with the car racing alongside the previous GT and GT40 or have the le man version of the new Ford GT as the vision GT.

And GT6 can have the P1 now, bad thing is that Polyphony is ignoring it (the P1).
We can't really say they're ignoring the P1 because we don't know what machines they're working on beyond the VGT cars that remain teased.

Voted, though I have a feeling that we'll see pigs fly before getting a chance to take this car for a spin in a future GT title... :guilty:

If by some minor miracle this does make it into GT7, I guess we can expect about 10,000 different racing versions of it from PD as well, like the current GT has had through various GranTurismo games (LM, LM Spec II, LM Spec II Test Car, GT '05, GT '06, GT Concept, even the GT 'No Stripe' back on GT4) :D

Here we go, now its a proper Ford GT :D

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It looks absolutely incredible.

Hopefully they offer a V8 supercharged version with 900bhp+ to really have a go at the supercar hierarchy.
My theory is they're holding off on it and then once others catch up (or maybe the Corvette Zora happens) then they'll upgrade to a V8

Voted but the general outline, although good, overly reminds on Ferrari on the back. It lost some of its original zest. They should rather fight over the BMW i8 for the cover like that.

Well, yeah, but is it required? Just wondering.
The only reason i think it was is because of where it was showed.

It's merely relevant information.

Some of the carried-over concepts in GT4/5/6 actually contain the name of the motor show at which they debuted in their name* - by all means the least of these is the Honda HSC 37th Tokyo Motor Show '03. With that and the existence of three Gran Turismo games based around motor shows (GT Concept: 2001 Tokyo, 2002 Tokyo-Geneva and 2002 Tokyo-Seoul), I think it's relevant information we ought to be including.

*A similar thing applies to the SEMA and Concours d'Elegance winners
Like the gtr tokyo auto show concept.
Sorry about the double post. I wasn't thinking clear. It's 7:35 in the morning. Not used to being on gtplanet this early. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm not going to change the title because that would be rebellious. :lol:
Yeah, best not to atm. But I will say, fm6 is getting the car, and it most certainly isn't being titled "Ford Gt concept NAIAS". I would understand and support the title if it was a concept, like the '02 gt already in gran turismo, but this is a production ready car being shown, it's not a special prototype, meaning the concept title is unnecessary and pointless tbh.

Yeah, best not to atm. But I will say, fm6 is getting the car, and it most certainly isn't being titled "Ford Gt concept NAIAS". I would understand and support the title if it was a concept, like the '02 gt already in gran turismo, but this is a production ready car being shown, it's not a special prototype, meaning the concept title is unnecessary and pointless tbh.
Try reading the press release for the car, which includes the word "concept" very many times.

The production model will not be built until 2016. This car is a "production concept", shown at NAIAS in 2015.

Try reading the press release for the car, which includes the word "concept" very many times.

The production model will not be built until 2016. This car is a "production concept", shown at NAIAS in 2015.
Then why not "Ford GT 2016"?

That's what one would expect if the car was added to the game.

Then why not "Ford GT 2016"?
That car doesn't exist yet - and we're not doing non-existent cars here.
That's what one would expect if the car was added to the game.
That's certainly what I'd expect if the 2016 production model is added to the game - but if it's the concept model shown at NAIAS in 2015 I'd expect it to be "Ford GT Concept 2015".

They might also add the motor show at which the concept was shown to the name - like they did with the Nissan GT-R (R35) Concept (Tokyo Motor Show) 2001 and the Honda HSC 37th Tokyo Motor Show 2003 - but equally they might not. As I said a few posts ago though, it's just relevant information that I think we should be including.

The "concept" is the production car, like the new nsx that's been shown.
20 GOTO 10

Incidentally, did you mean this NSX?

Neither car has entered production yet, so there are no production models.

20 GOTO 10Incidentally, did you mean this NSX?

Neither car has entered production yet, so there are no production models.
I don't see why it needs to be in production right now to suggest it. We know it's coming, and it's identical to the "production concept". Like I've already said, fm6 is already announced to include the gt. It's clearly ready for developers to model.

I don't see why it needs to be in production right now to suggest it. We know it's coming, and it's identical to the "production concept". Like I've already said, fm6 is already announced to include the gt. It's clearly ready for developers to model.
You can still model a concept car.

I don't see why it needs to be in production right now to suggest it.
It doesn't - that's why this thread exists. It needs to be in production in order to be suggested as a production car though.
We know it's coming, and it's identical to the "production concept".
We don't know any of those things.

We know it's been green lit for production and we know that it is unlikely to change much from the production concept shown at NAIAS (since that's pretty much the definition of "production concept"), but it's a long, long way off yet and anything could happen in the middle.
Like I've already said, fm6 is already announced to include the gt.
And they can mislabel it all they want. We're not going to.
It's clearly ready for developers to model.
As have many concept cars been over the years. The Gran Turismo series had three entire games of concept cars.
It's not going to be a concept in fm6. The concept is the same as the production car, the only reason it's being labelled a concept is because it's being displayed at a car show.
No, the only reason it's being labelled as a concept is because it is one. The concept is likely to be the same as the production car, but they are still two different things.

Latest Posts

Back