Ford Lovers in Here!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slash
  • 83 comments
  • 5,423 views
First off, I'd like to say that although I own a Ford and I love my car, I am not a Ford "lover". Ford cuts a few too many corners in production of its sports cars for my liking. I would know too.. I've had to deal with them. :ouch:

Ford really shined back in the '60s and '70s. Everything else is blah. Some '80s models like the trucks and modded Mustangs look pretty decent though.

Maybe for the US, but Ford UK was on a roll..
FAF291.escos2_.jpg


ford_capri_3_4.jpg


wallpaper-513250.jpg


ford-rs200-evolution.2000x1331.Jan-04-2012_21.28.21.722681.jpg


To name a few...
 
The daddy of the Cossies, the Sierra, is just vintage Ford Europe.

sierra10.jpg


ford-sierra-rs-cosworth-e-500-eju.jpg
 
This is the ultimate Essexmobile.

20111028211439_f1%20tranny.jpg
 
Yeah, the XJ220 Transit is in the Sleepers Thread, I believe.
 
Love the blue oval :) one of my favs, the mk1 granada
12448_208710403012_595648012_4043091_3244582_n.jpg
 
I posted this in 2 other threads but whatever. This is the sound of most of those older cars....and you can tell they were gas guzzlers. This is stock too. Modified they are even better.

 
I don't much care for NASCAR, but this is pretty sweet.
2013_ford_fusion_f34_ns_12412_717.jpg
 
I don't much care for NASCAR, but this is pretty sweet.
2013_ford_fusion_f34_ns_12412_717.jpg

That looks like a combination of a Charger and Mustang.
 
Sounds like the name "Fusion" is quite fitting then ;)
 
Sounds like the name "Fusion" is quite fitting then ;)

:lol:


Got the 'ol 4X4 out again earlier and ripped up my driveway yet again haha. Scared the hell out of my dog.
 
When cars were still enjoyable to look at, and Ford wasn't producing ugly econo box's.

 
When cars were still enjoyable to look at, and Ford wasn't producing ugly econo box's.

I agree with the ugly econobox assertion as far as the Fiesta goes (don't care that it handles well: it's a minger), but I'd say that a) cars are still enjoyable to look at, as a rule and b) here's a modern Ford that proves it, as far as I'm concerned:

2012-Ford-Flex-7-8-Passenger-Crossover-SUV-Review-1.jpg

Confident, solid lines without being over-designed, some nice details, and well-proportioned. It's a bit like Ford's take on the Range Rover, in style if not ethos.

I know a 7/8 seater is rarely "exciting", but it's a modern Ford that doesn't look like eight people took turns to style it, so it's fine by me.
 
^ TBH, it's an okay design. Almost like a modern take on the wagon, minus the woodgrain. :(

I'm happy we agree on at least one thing here. haha.
 
I got the new 2012 Focus and I really like it (aside from the transmission glitches). I've always liked Ford the best out of the Big Three and figured if I was going to buy an "American" car again I might as well go with a Ford. My mom also has a 2011 Fusion Hybrid which is pretty nice, it gets awesome mileage for a family sedan. My dad is trying to decide if he wants a new truck and he's thinking about getting a Eco-boosted F-150...which I would like.

I think Ford is definitely the best of the Big Three right now, but Chrysler is coming up on them quick with all their new models.

Oh and the Raptor? Ya it's big, ugly and completely useless to me but I want one more then any other vehicle on the road right now. It is just about the coolest truck I've ever seen.
 
I'm not crazy about them, but I can't seem to find any example where Ford loses to Chevrolet. What's the comparison for the new Ford Focus? What 'was' the comparison for the GT40, and then later the Ford GT of '05 and '06? What's the comparison to the Mondeo? Or what was the comparison to the escourt back in the day?

(old '01 model, new one I don't like) Astra, (designed in Germany) might be an exception to the rule, as well as the VX220 Turbo (designed in the UK? Based on the Elise wasn't it?), And Holden had a great concept car in the 70s which was also unaccounted for my Ford, but otherwise, all my examples above, I can't think of any reason not to go Ford.

EDIT: Old not new Astra, just to clarify the new Astra doesn't hold a candle to the new Focus imo.
 
Last edited:
The Focus is compared to the new Chevy Cruze, probably the Holden Cruze in Australia. Pretty much every comparo I've read puts the Focus ahead of the Cruze.
 
The only Ford we ever had was an old Ford Windstar in the early 2000's. God that was a piece of 🤬 :lol:
 
I'm not crazy about them, but I can't seem to find any example where Ford loses to Chevrolet. What's the comparison for the new Ford Focus? What 'was' the comparison for the GT40, and then later the Ford GT of '05 and '06? What's the comparison to the Mondeo? Or what was the comparison to the escourt back in the day?

(old '01 model, new one I don't like) Astra, (designed in Germany) might be an exception to the rule, as well as the VX220 Turbo (designed in the UK? Based on the Elise wasn't it?), And Holden had a great concept car in the 70s which was also unaccounted for my Ford, but otherwise, all my examples above, I can't think of any reason not to go Ford.

EDIT: Old not new Astra, just to clarify the new Astra doesn't hold a candle to the new Focus imo.



Most videos on YouTube that I have watched makes both brands about even. Sometimes you will get the video were one pulls the other but as far as power output, they are even.

Except for one video, where a 300 I6 pulls a 454 backwards...That was just funny.
 
Most videos on YouTube that I have watched makes both brands about even. Sometimes you will get the video were one pulls the other but as far as power output, they are even.

Except for one video, where a 300 I6 pulls a 454 backwards...That was just funny.

I don't think he was talking acceleration, more the cars overall. Very few, if any of the current Chevys (or indeed Opels/Vauxhalls) are better road cars than the equivalent Ford.
 
I don't think he was talking acceleration, more the cars overall. Very few, if any of the current Chevys are better road cars than the equivalent Ford.

Well maybe nowadays. 25 years ago this was not the case. Ford was in their prime from 1960 to 1993. After that things went downhill.
 
I'll have to get a video of my exhaust note although it won't be as exciting as Motorcity's or that 1500hp GT. :drool:

Here's mine, not as impressive as the Super Snake but I like it :D

mustang1.jpg


Only has a Hushpower axle-back but I'm planning on installing the Boss side exhaust to bring the noise level up another notch. I need to take better pictures of this care, this is literally the only picture I have of it.
 
Well the GTCS has been around since 1968 and was limited then so personally I'd rather have that over a SuperSnake.
 
Wasn't the Super Snake around for the original GT500s? And wasn't it limited?

1967_gt500_super_snake_front_2.jpg


07DHG305807575A.jpeg


And I have a question: I keep hearing people talk of 5th-gen Mustang "Cobras." Are they just referring to the Shelbys? I always thought Cobras were strictly SVT cars that were officially given the name.
 
Last edited:
Yes but more SS were around. GTCS was limited in quantity and exclusive to California.
 
Last edited:
Back