Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
Well it looks like I came up with a drift tune for the '90 corvette. I will post it on the tune section of gtplanet when I get the chance. But the car overall is a beast when it comes to drifting. Have not seen another one online yet, so if your looking for a drift car to surprise others with, take some time and give this car a whirl. This weeks forgotten car is a classic among the concepts of the series. This weeks forgotten car is............
srt_viper_gts_r_concept__00_by_gt6_garage-d7drwgg.png

This concept of the high performance sports car defined the model in the new millennium.

Price: $1,000,000
Displacement: 7,990 cc
Max Power: 498 HP / 6,000 rpm
Max Torque: 499.0 ft lb / 3,600 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 193.0 in.
Width: 76.2 in.
Height: 47.0 in.
Weight: 1,475 kg

The Dodge Viper GTS R Concept '00. One of the two prototypes prior to the '03 viper, the gts r packed an 8.0-liter V10 engine but due to its street tuning level at the time, the horsepower was limited to 493. The viper conception coupe had an 8.3 liter engine, but due to regulations again, the power was limited to 552. This was down 138hp from the 690hp race version. This also enhanced the cornering ability, and aerodynamics and as an end result, it was neither better or worse than the previous model.​

Last edited:
Any standard Citroen qualifies as a forgotten car. With the exception of the rally cars, I have never seen a standard Citroen online, even in French lobbies. Maybe it's because the Xantia has massive understeer and horrible gearing.

Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4

I found this car when searching for some sleepers in the early days of GT5. I got excited when I found this AWD, twin-turbo V6 (which I assumed was the 6G72 from the 3000GT) wagon and thought I was on to something. Then I saw the torque curve, mother of god it's bad. In GT5 the car would fall flat on it's face past like 5000rpm, it's a little better in GT6 but not much.

6A13TT != 6G72TT

iu
The Mitsubishi Legnum was actually my first car in GT5. It didn't handle that well and the acceleration wasn't that good, but it beat the lemons at Sunday Cup

I love the Viper CC. Looks badass, especially at the rear. Bit underpowered for an 8.0 V10 but still a fast car.

I love the Viper CC. Looks badass, especially at the rear. Bit underpowered for an 8.0 V10 but still a fast car.

Love this car too! This and the Hennessey Viper 800TT was my two favorite cars from Forza 2 back in the day, wish they added the Hennessey to this series.

??? Good response Furi. I see nothing, other then the quote (assuming there's an image). But damn, what time of day did I type that wow.

Sorry about the late post, I got caught up in something else yesterday. But about the viper gts-r. I think it is one of the best prototypes of its time, and definitely deserves more recognition. I may buy this car someday when i get the time, and its really cool that it would fit in with the other supercars out there. Speaking of supercars, this weeks car is one that really surprised me when I found out nobody uses it anymore, and also its one of my best supercars in my garage. This weeks forgotten car is .............

hqdefault.jpg

This C12 was the eye-catching debut from new italian exotic car manufacturer Pagani.

Price:$388,720
PP: 519
Power: 388hp/5,200 rpm
Displacement: 5,987cc
Torque: 420.6 ft lbs/ 3,800 rpm
Drivetrain/Aspiration: MR/NA
Length: 171.1 inches
Width: 76.1 inches
Height: 45.3 inches
Weight: 1,250 kg​

The pagani zonda c12 '00. Everyone who plays gt6 knows the huyara. But back before the huyara, before the veyron, back in the days of gt3, there was an Italian supercar that rocked every track it raced at.

In 1999, Horacio Pagani decided to take on the world by building the ultimate exotic. Pagani himself had participated in the F3 championship in his youth in argentina, home of his childhood hero, Juan Manuel Fangio. When he returned to italy as an engineer, he started working with Ferraris and lamborghinis using his carbon technology knowledge. He used this experience to build a prototype of a supercar in commemoration of fangio. Eventually, this prototype evolved into the Zonda.

The exotic was powered by a mercedes- benz 6.0-liter V12, which pumped out 388 horsepower and 420.6 ft lbs of torque, making it a force to be reckoned with. Soon, the C12 evolved into the C12S and finally in 2003, the engine displacemant increased again to 7,291cc, making the debut of the C12S 7.3. What do you guys think about this silver bullet. Whatever you do say, there is only one thing I ask, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
The pagani zonda c12 '00. Everyone who plays gt6 knows the huyara. But back before the huyara, before the veyron, back in the days of gt3, there was an Italian supercar that rocked every track it raced at. The Zonda was always fun for me to drive in gt3, and since my recent purchase of the car in gt6, it's probably one of my best purchases I've made in the game. I will have more of a description of this car in the very near future, but until then, what do you think about this silver bullet. Whatever you do say, there is only one thing I ask, keep the suggestions coming!!!
And in comes the Pagani fanboy.

Was revealed in 1999 and fewer than 10 were sold. Magazines such as evo fell in love from the start, with both the CFRP construction and AMG V12, after 5 times F1 champ Fangio gave his recommendations to Mercedes, a gesture leading to company founder Horacio Pagani to want to name his first car the Fangio F1. However, he chose the Zonda name after Fangio died. A sign of respect from Horacio.

The car developed less than 400bhp at a time when your average Supra tuner got double that, but the big hitter was the Power to Weight ratio, higher than most contemporary Ferrari's.

Only one exists now, and the owner is refusing to sell it back to Pagani, even for a 7 figure sum.

image.jpg

This strange looking saucer with wheels is an amazing machine made in 1937, it boasts some outstanding stats for it's time. Only a handful of skillful drivers were able to control this car which is understandable when I find it hard to do U-turns on route X at 8kmh! Although it is such a joy to use and is definitely forgotten by most players but at 1 million credits no wonder.
I'd recommend this monster not for its track performance but the laughs it provides in races and free roam lobbies where you can blast past at speeds of 400kmh+

-For those looking for that little bit more you can paint it fluorescent pink and attach a high RPM turbo to it!

View attachment 298894

This strange looking saucer with wheels is an amazing machine made in 1937, it boasts some outstanding stats for it's time. Only a handful of skillful drivers were able to control this car which is understandable when I find it hard to do U-turns on route X at 8kmh! Although it is such a joy to use and is definitely forgotten by most players but at 1 million credits no wonder.
I'd recommend this monster not for its track performance but the laughs it provides in races and free roam lobbies where you can blast past at speeds of 400kmh+

-For those looking for that little bit more you can paint it fluorescent pink and attach a high RPM turbo to it!

The whole U turn scenario is down to the amount of steering lock the car has which is next to nothing. :lol:

Of course on race tyres it's tricky but still manageable to drive, on sport hards however........

Well me and @SuzukaStar will be the first ones to tell you how much of an animal it becomes. :scared:

Sorry about the late post, I got caught up in something else yesterday. But about the viper gts-r. I think it is one of the best prototypes of its time, and definitely deserves more recognition. I may buy this car someday when i get the time, and its really cool that it would fit in with the other supercars out there. Speaking of supercars, this weeks car is one that really surprised me when I found out nobody uses it anymore, and also its one of my best supercars in my garage. This weeks forgotten car is .............
hqdefault.jpg

This C12 was the eye-catching debut from new italian exotic car manufacturer Pagani.

Power: 388hp/5,200 rpm
Displacement: 5,987cc
Torque: 420.6 ft lbs/ 3,800 rpm
Drivetrain/Aspiration: MR/NA
Length: 171.1 inches
Width: 76.1 inches
Height: 45.3 inches
Weight: 1,250 kg

The pagani zonda c12 '00. Everyone who plays gt6 knows the huyara. But back before the huyara, before the veyron, back in the days of gt3, there was an Italian supercar that rocked every track it raced at.

In 1999, Horacio Pagani decided to take on the world by building the ultimate exotic. Pagani himself had participated in the F3 championship in his youth in argentina, home of his childhood hero, Juan Manuel Fangio. When he returned to italy as an engineer, he started working with Ferraris and lamborghinis using his carbon technology knowledge.he used this experience to build a prototype of a supercar in commemoration of fangio. Eventually, this prototype evolved into the Zonda.

The exotic was powered by a mercedes- benz 6.0-liter V12, which pumped out 388 horsepower and 420.6 ft lbs of torque, making it a force to be reckoned with. Soon, the C12 evolved into the C12S and finally in 2003, the engine displacemant increased again to 7,291cc, making the debut of the C12S 7.3. What do you guys think about this silver bullet. Whatever you do say, there is only one thing I ask, keep the suggestions coming!!!
I love the Zonda, especially the S. The C12 is likely under used to to it having just 388HP, while the big S has over 500HP.

The base Zonda is 100 kg lighter than the C12S but the same weight as the C12S 7.3

I feel like the 7.3L car just has too much power and/or not enough weight. It isn't as fun to drive on a track with lots of tight corners.

Hey thanks man!
Only game I have played that has the G8 was The Wheelman on PS3. First mission has you driving a black G8 GXP to escape Opel Astra and Lada police cars. It was an OK game with a good mix of real and fictonal cars.

I'm loving all the comments you guys are posting, so keep up the good work. Anyways, the zonda has been one of my favorite exotic cars in all the GT series. I hope I can find a right tune for this car and if I do, it will be posted in the tunes forum right away. This weeks car settles things down a bit. And by that I mean taking things nice and slow. This weeks forgotten car is .............
hyundai_tiburon_gt__01_by_gt6_garage-d73zz51.png

Hyundai's first sporty hatchback coupe was marketed around the world.

Price: $33,020
PP: 383
Displacement: --- cc
Max power: 172hp / 6,000rpm
Max torque: 180.8 ft-lb / 4,400rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / NA
Length: 173.0 in.
Width: 69.3 in.
Height: 52.4 in.
Weight: 1,340 kg
The Hyundai Tiburon GT '01. I didn't think of much when I first saw this in GT4, so I basically overlooked it. I came across the Hyundai one-make tournament and I finally bought this car. This car was fun to drive in GT4, and hopefully it is also in GT6.

Hyundai offered a wide variety of models, from lightweight cars to large trucks. Some made it to the U.S., one of them being the sporty Tiburon. The car was a 2+2 hatchback, with a spacious interior and trunk, making it ideal for the daily commute. The Tiburon was similar in character to the Toyota celica, but offered more engine choices, including a 1.8 ltr and 2.0 ltr inline-4 as well as a 2.7 ltr V6. All engines came with a 6-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.

The best of the engines was the V6, carrying a healthy dose of low-end torque and smooth revving character. The suspension was tuned more for comfort, so it lacked the sharp turn-in character over its competitors. Ride quality was simple, making it very comfortable for its class, and even though it lacked the refinement of the Japanese and European counterparts, the low price tag made it difficult to ignore. And with each passing year, the quality of Hyundai's cars have shown improvement, and it may be a matter of to.e before it creates a car that surpasses the best Japan and Europe have to offer. What do you think? Post your thoughts below, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Hyundai Coupe, a cool little car. I think it is underused because there are much better cars in it's PP range (Honda Prelude, Honda Integra R, Mitsubishi Eclipse)

Not sure if it is mentioned, or maybe it is well known due to it returning, but the Auto Union Streamliner. Very interesting to drive. Great for speedways or Route X if you change the transmission setting. It could be used on any track if you drift it, but it's very hard not to lose it.

Back