Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
Dodge Viper RT/10; it was in both GT1 & GT2, but PD never put one in any of the later GTs.
1993_dodge_viper_2_dr_rt_10_convertible-pic-3138.jpeg

This car actually does a good job of drifting with the right tune. Only problem is that it is slightly underpowered.

It is that time of the week again, and it is also time to see how the '62 skyline is overall. Its a nice car, but the looks kind of shield what it is on the inside. Its a tough one to tune for me because I always end up skidding on nearly any corner and it doesn't seem to have the energy to want to go fast. So why not try drifting you ask? Well, it can drift, but it is still a bit underpowered in my opinion and i get nervous on the corners because I never know when it will spin out. But now onto next weeks car. I figured I'd take a step back in history for this one. You probably remember this car in gt1 and gt2. So this weeks forgotten car is.........

ViperRT10GT1.png
This roadster variant of the viper brought the "top-down" experience to a new level.

Price: $72,790
Displacement: 7,997 cc
Max Power: 449 HP / 5,200 rpm
Max Torque: 489.6 lb-ft / 3,700 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 175.1 in.
Width: 75.7 in.
Height: 47.0 in.
Weight: 1,506 kg
The dodge viper RT/10. I spent nearly all day driving this car yesterday and I must admit, how could PD overlook a fast car like this. This is actually my favorite viper because it just has that look that makes you drive it. But under the hood it packs 449 horsepower and cost around $70,000 in both gt1 and gt2. It looks great as the race modified version too.

At its heart, the Viper is a thoroughly American sports car driven by an awesome V10 engine. Its adrenaline pumping performance and wholly unique look represent the ultimate prize for those with a true passion for automobiles. The Viper GTS Coupe and the RT/10 Roadster are powered by the same V10 engine; that power is channeled by a high performance six-speed gearbox; the Viper rides on a classic race-bred sports car chassis and suspension, massive high performance tires, and heavy duty brakes.

The Viper is designed primarily to become a part of its environment in the open air, with the wind in your face, or on a busy street, filled with people, cars, sights and sounds. The Viper is about driving, about the pure enjoyment of getting from point A to point B. There exists only the driver, the car, and the road. So what do you think. Feel free to comment, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
Were now into week five of the forgotten cars thread and to be honest, I thought the thread wouldn't last this long, so thank you guys for your support. So back to the RT/10. It is one of the many cars I wish was back in gt6, or any other gt game it is not in. This week I thought I'd visit the JGTC department of gt6. What is JGTC? It stands for Japan Grand Touring Car championship. I really miss the recognition these cars got in gt3 and earlier. Since PD put in the new GT500 cars, that's been all I see for super gt. The JGTC cars aren't even in the super gt section of the recommended cars! But enough of my rant. This weeks forgotten car is.........

toyota_denso_sard_supra_gt__00_by_gt6_garage-d7eek6j.png

The Toyota denso sard supra gt '00. This was my star car in gt3, and I can't believe I haven't bought it yet in gt6. But I want to hear what you guys think about this car, and as always, keep the suggestions coming.

Last edited:
I like this thread. One of my aims with the Zero Cup is to make me, at least sometimes, drive cars that I may not pick otherwise (one example is the Hyundai Genesis. It's a Hyundai!). If I can make one of the drivers say 'Wow, I didn't know this car was that good/fun to drive!', then I'm happy.

Thanks @CowboyAce57 for the suggestions. I will try the Mazda 323 and TVR V8S shortly.

And I confirm that the Solstice is a great little car. Keep it stock and on Comfort Soft, though!
Another car that is great, I'm not sure if it fits in the 'forgotten' category, is the Lotus Elan.

I like this thread. One of my aims with the Zero Cup is to make me, at least sometimes, drive cars that I may not pick otherwise (one example is the Hyundai Genesis. It's a Hyundai!). If I can make one of the drivers say 'Wow, I didn't know this car was that good/fun to drive!', then I'm happy.

Thanks @CowboyAce57 for the suggestions. I will try the Mazda 323 and TVR V8S shortly.

And I confirm that the Solstice is a great little car. Keep it stock and on Comfort Soft, though!
Another car that is great, I'm not sure if it fits in the 'forgotten' category, is the Lotus Elan.
I owned that elan a while back. Very quick little car.

Last edited:
I just got done racing the denso supra in the nurb 24m and it crushed the competition. You can do the whole race without feuling up once, and your tire wear (racing hards) hardly even goes down. I ended up finishing about 55 seconds ahead of second place, who was in an f1 gtr.

I just got done racing the denso supra in the nurb 24m and it crushed the competition. You can do the whole race without feuling up once, and your tire wear (racing hards) hardly even goes down. I ended up finishing about 55 seconds ahead of second place, who was in an f1 gtr.

Definately trying this, didn't cross my mind to use this car but will now.

Am I the only one here who uses the Toyota WOODONE TOM's Supra regularly in online lobbies? It's a fun car to drive around Nürburgring and it's pretty fast. Sad that PD didn't update the textures of the car.

I like this thread, had a 323 astina in the family with the pop up headlights when I was in grade school....25 yrs ago or so...I like that car :)
I do miss the RWD R32-R34s. I remembered the FTO LM from GT1, I think that car and Subaru WRC and also GTO LM were the godly cars back then :)

Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02. ;)
This must be evidence which shows how unknown the car actually is.

Hahaha id recognize it from the front,

There was a race model of that 323 astina in GT1, was a joy to drive

It is that time of the week once again, and it is also time for my final overview of the denso supra. If you are looking for a car that can handle most anything, and is cheaper than other cars in its class, then this is the car for you. Like I said earlier this week, it can get through the nurb 24min race without pitting and hardly wear the tires. Its just that good. Hopefully this car doesn't disappear in gt7 or beyond, or I will be very outraged. But for this weeks car. We all know the car company subaru, with the impreza, legacy, etc. But there is one in particular that most everyone looks over. This weeks forgotten car is...............

_gt1_ntsc_u_c___r_subaru_alcyone_svx_s4_by_wilku333-d6ydwsc.png

The Subaru svx LSI/S4 '95. I remember driving this car on the pikes peak hill climb in gt2, and it made a good rally car for me. Even stock it is a decent driving car. It was even hard for me to convince myself that it was a Subaru when I first seen it. I'd like to hear your guys thoughts. And as always, keep the suggestions coming!

Last edited:
I think I found one of the most forgotten and underrated cars in the game. Like @CowboyAce57 said, the older JGTC cars have been overshadowed by the Super GT premium cars. This is especially true for the Honda Raybrig NSX '00, as it has been far forgotten, and many think it does not exist in GT6. In the entire series, this was always my favorite JGTC car, and I already bought one in 6. Even if many preferred the Motul Pitwork Z or Woodone Tom's Supra, I would always stick up for the Raybrig. I have never seen one Raybrig NSX '00 in an online lobby in all of GT5 and 6. It's a great car, I recommend you go buy it.
honda_raybrig_nsx__00_by_gt6_garage-d7fwcay.png

Some Aussie Fords from GT4, the 2004 Ford FPV F6 Typhoon and 2004 Ford FPV GT

fpv-f6-typhoon-04.jpg

fpv-gt-04.jpg

That GT is missing the Power Bulge and stripes.

The Hyundai Genesis and Click(Getz) Type-R '04 and even the Gathers Drider Civic seem forgotten.

I remember the 323 being one of the first cars to choose from in GT5... It was a nice car, I guess it still is in GT6, but keeps forgotten...

A suggestion for the thread:

Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99

No tunes in Tuning Forum / GT6 Tuning Directory for this car. Probaby the most forgotten race car in GT6...​

There is one here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/lister-storn-v12-race-car-99.803/ but I've not tried it out. I decided to have a go at my own tune. Give them both a go and see what you think.

My tune
Change oil
Tyres: Racing Hard

86/82
30.20/24.93
4/6
6/5
2/1
0/0
-0.15/0.0

BB 3/6

Gears
Set Final to 5.000
Set Max speed to 137mph (minimum setting)
1st - 2.261
2nd - 1.640
3rd - 1.256
4th - 1.005
5th - 0.841
6th - 0.723
Set Final to 3.968

LSD 8/12/6
DF 440/600

I've only spent 30 minutes fiddling about with it but it already feels must more willing to go round corners. Its a very heavy car compared to most race cars and the weight is all over the front end so a good suspension setup is needed (not that I'm saying mine is!) :lol:

That GT is missing the Power Bulge and stripes.

The Hyundai Genesis and Click(Getz) Type-R '04 and even the Gathers Drider Civic seem forgotten.
lolwut? my Genesis is one of my most used cars in both GT6 and FH2

There is one here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/lister-storn-v12-race-car-99.803/ but I've not tried it out. I decided to have a go at my own tune. Give them both a go and see what you think.

My tune
Change oil
Tyres: Racing Hard

86/82
30.20/24.93
4/6
6/5
2/1
0/0
-0.15/0.0

BB 3/6

Gears
Set Final to 5.000
Set Max speed to 137mph (minimum setting)
1st - 2.261
2nd - 1.640
3rd - 1.256
4th - 1.005
5th - 0.841
6th - 0.723
Set Final to 3.968

LSD 8/12/6
DF 440/600

I've only spent 30 minutes fiddling about with it but it already feels must more willing to go round corners. Its a very heavy car compared to most race cars and the weight is all over the front end so a good suspension setup is needed (not that I'm saying mine is!) :lol:

TY! Will try it asap... 👍

It is that time of the week once again, and it is also time for my final overview of the denso supra. If you are looking for a car that can handle most anything, and is cheaper than other cars in its class, then this is the car for you. Like I said earlier this week, it can get through the nurb 24min race without pitting and hardly wear the tires. Its just that good. Hopefully this car doesn't disappear in gt7 or beyond, or I will be very outraged. But for this weeks car. We all know the car company subaru, with the impreza, legacy, etc. But there is one in particular that most everyone looks over. This weeks forgotten car is...............

_gt1_ntsc_u_c___r_subaru_alcyone_svx_s4_by_wilku333-d6ydwsc.png

The Subaru svx LSI/S4 '95. I remember driving this car on the pikes peak hill climb in gt2, and it made a good rally car for me. Even stock it is a decent driving car. It was even hard for me to convince myself that it was a Subaru when I first seen it. I'd like to hear your guys thoughts. And as always, keep the suggestions coming!

SVX. :D

Back