Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
I think I found one of the most forgotten and underrated cars in the game. Like @CowboyAce57 said, the older JGTC cars have been overshadowed by the Super GT premium cars. This is especially true for the Honda Raybrig NSX '00, as it has been far forgotten, and many think it does not exist in GT6. In the entire series, this was always my favorite JGTC car, and I already bought one in 6. Even if many preferred the Motul Pitwork Z or Woodone Tom's Supra, I would always stick up for the Raybrig. I have never seen one Raybrig NSX '00 in an online lobby in all of GT5 and 6. It's a great car, I recommend you go buy it.
honda_raybrig_nsx__00_by_gt6_garage-d7fwcay.png
I drove it quite a bit on GT5, so chances are it could've been me you saw. ;)

I bought the Mercedes 190E Evolution recently, and I had a blast driving it! I put it back in the garage, though, because of the poor modelling :nervous: I think that's why there are a lot of 'forgotten' cars in GT, because we don't give them a chance because they're standards.

Last edited:
Should the svx make a return to the series? If it did, it would probably return as a standard car, but it would still be there right? I personally think it deserves more attention and should make a return to the series. But I think people would still overlook it, like in GT2. All in all, the svx is good in its own way. This weeks car is a staple in my history of gran turismo. When I first seen it in gt3 I was like " oh my god I gotta have that! ". This weeks forgotten car is...........

tommykaira_zz_s__00_by_gt6_garage-d6zigfd.png

The Tommy Kaira ZZ-S '00. I call it the zz-ll's long lost brother. Why? This car was very good in gt3 and has since then been overshadowed by the zz-ll. I've had some people online ask me what car I was even in when I was driving this in gt5. Apparantly it is that forgotten. I don't own one yet in gt6, but I think I will buy one sometime this week. But I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about this tiny beast, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!

Should the svx make a return to the series? If it did, it would probably return as a standard car, but it would still be there right?
No, it wouldn't actually. Polyphony Digital right now are mainly interested in modelling more premium cars, so if PD were to model Subaru SVX again; it would be a premium car.

The standard cars are nothing more than cars from the PS2 age GT games ported over to the PS3 GT titles for the sole purpose of giving players a bigger selection of cars to mess with and the Subaru SVX wasn't in either of those games.

I remember the 323 being one of the first cars to choose from in GT5... It was a nice car, I guess it still is in GT6, but keeps forgotten...

A suggestion for the thread:

Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99

No tunes in Tuning Forum / GT6 Tuning Directory for this car. Probaby the most forgotten race car in GT6...​
I was tuning this car to include in my GT1 series :)

Sorry for double post but...

Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car

(which is also in my GT1 series along with the Diablo GT-1 :D

I did end up buying the zz-s, but unfortunately never got to driving it. It may look a little weird on the outside, but inside is a different story. But I never will actually know until I drive it. This weeks car you probably remember way back to GT2. One of my favorite race cars of the series. This weeks forgotten car is.............
jaguar_xj220_lm_race_car___f03_by_m2m_design-d7i2i01.jpg

jaguar_xj220_lm_race_car___r03_by_m2m_design-d7i2i4m.jpg

The jaguar xj220 LM race car. First seen as a race modification (white or yellow colors), the xj220 has been left aside from the rest of the cars. A true car collector in GT probably has this or the road car sitting in their garage. Since I am on Christmas break right now, I am away from home so I will not be able to drive this car yet. So I'd like to hear what you guys think of this hidden beast and as always, keep the suggestions coming!

I did end up buying the zz-s, but unfortunately never got to driving it. It may look a little weird on the outside, but inside is a different story. But I never will actually know until I drive it. This weeks car you probably remember way back to GT2. One of my favorite race cars of the series. This weeks forgotten car is.............
jaguar_xj220_lm_race_car___f03_by_m2m_design-d7i2i01.jpg

jaguar_xj220_lm_race_car___r03_by_m2m_design-d7i2i4m.jpg

The jaguar xj220 LM race car. First seen as a race modification (white or yellow colors), the xj220 has been left aside from the rest of the cars. A true car collector in GT probably has this or the road car sitting in their garage. Since I am on Christmas break right now, I am away from home so I will not be able to drive this car yet. So I'd like to hear what you guys think of this hidden beast and as always, keep the suggestions coming!
It is a difficult beast to tame but once done, it is bloody fantastic!

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83.
I recently started using this for my 500pp races and it's an amazing car! Its really light, and has good acceleration and it pulls on most 500pp. I didn't realize that they used this chassis for rally racing until i read the info. Now it makes sense why this family sedan is fun to drive. This is one of my favorites now. Im starting to become obsessed with 1980's Japanese cars.
mitsubishi_lancer_ex_1800gsr_ic_turbo__83_by_gt6_garage-d7f8uk7.png

Hope you guys had an awesome christmas, i know i did. I got about $250 and a new thrustmaster t80 wheel( i know its not the best wheel, but a good one to start out with.) But ive finally came home from the holidays, so I got a chance to drive the xj220 LM. This car is a bit tricky to drive at first, but once you get used to it, it turns out to be a pretty decent car. For this week, I chose a car that most people are sure to overlook, even though it is premium. No, its not a kei car, but one of my favorite looking cars in the game. This weeks forgotten car is.............
cizeta_v16t__94_by_gt6_garage-d6xgyx7.jpg

The cizeta v16t '94. When I first saw this car in gt4 I said "great, now PD won't allow Lamborghini's into gran turismo either", since it reminds me of the Lamborghini diablo. But what I really like about this car is the sound. One of the few car in gt6 that actually sounds pretty cool with the racing exhaust. But I will be driving this throughout the week and I will update on any important information, and as always, keep the suggestions coming.

The cizeta V16t '94. Finally took it for a test drive a few days ago and there are a few problems that can be quite the nuisance. First, the handling is almost as bad as the yellowbird, didn't expect it to be that bad. It weighs 1640kg, with 580hp, which makes it not all that fast compared to the other supercars it has to go against. Would I recommend buying it? Well with a $636,660 price tag, I would steer away from this one. But as I always say, if you are a true car collector, then you may consider having this in your garage. With 30 examples ever made in real life, and the fact you will probably never own one, why not have one of your own in gt6. But this weeks car is one you all probably know from previous gt titles. And believe me, you will not want to underestimate the true power of the...........

The mitsubishi lancer ex 1800gsr ic turbo '83. One of my new favorite cars to use for 500pp races, this car definitely delivers all the goods. And its also easy to tune which makes it really cool for me. I gave mine a sleeper look to make other people think they could own me in their cars. But what do you guys think about this car? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this overlooked rocket. And, as always, keep the suggestions coming!

The cizeta V16t '94. Finally took it for a test drive a few days ago and there are a few problems that can be quite the nuisance. First, the handling is almost as bad as the yellowbird, didn't expect it to be that bad. It weighs 1640kg, with 580hp, which makes it not all that fast compared to the other supercars it has to go against. Would I recommend buying it? Well with a $636,660 price tag, I would steer away from this one. But as I always say, if you are a true car collector, then you may consider having this in your garage. With 30 examples ever made in real life, and the fact you will probably never own one, why not have one of your own in gt6. But this weeks car is one you all probably know from previous gt titles. And believe me, you will not want to underestimate the true power of the...........

The mitsubishi lancer ex 1800gsr ic turbo '83. One of my new favorite cars to use for 500pp races, this car definitely delivers all the goods. And its also easy to tune which makes it really cool for me. I gave mine a sleeper look to make other people think they could own me in their cars. But what do you guys think about this car? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this overlooked rocket. And, as always, keep the suggestions coming!

It's also got loads of power when fully tuned compared to it's engine size. I even own one and raced a lot of seasonals with it. Hence the term, "Pocket Rocket".

It's that time of the week again, but before I talk about this weeks car, I have a few last words on the previous weeks car. Like I said before, the '83 lancer is really easy for me to tune, and it hopefully will be for you too as I highly recommend buying this as a starter car to tweak around with. I'm not even real great at tuning, and I still made this car drive like a "pocket rocket". This weeks car I know is definitely forgotten since I never see anyone talk about it. This weeks forgotten car is..............

maxresdefault.jpg

The Chevrolet corvette zr1 C4 '90. I could not find any suitable photos, so I had to use one from gt5. Anyway, I just bought this car and I already found something that it excels in. Drifting. I maxed out everything on this car, slapped on a random tune, and apparently I hit it spot on because it drifts like a dream. But I'd like to hear what you have to say about this car, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!

i miss the Ford Cougar and the Venturis from GT2

Ford Cougar? Cougar is a Mercury and it is still in GT. Not sure what was in GT2 and perhaps they had the Mercury listed under Ford but the 67 Cougar XR7 is definitely in GT4,5 and 6 I have driven it in many many races.

Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4

I found this car when searching for some sleepers in the early days of GT5. I got excited when I found this AWD, twin-turbo V6 (which I assumed was the 6G72 from the 3000GT) wagon and thought I was on to something. Then I saw the torque curve, mother of god it's bad. In GT5 the car would fall flat on it's face past like 5000rpm, it's a little better in GT6 but not much.

6A13TT != 6G72TT

iu

Last edited:
Back