Forgotten/Worst Gr.[#] Cars?

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
I was just wondering, there’s a thread for the Best and most Underrated Gr.3 Cars, so what are the worst? What ones would you rather skip the race than be forced to drive?

As a bonus, or double purpose to this thread, what are some good racing machines that have been screwed by the BoP and forgotten?

Since I just got back to the game, can you tell me what's the issue? I imagine no one uses group C cars against Prototypes?
Yup. They're so underwhelming in terms of pace compared to the prototypes it's very frustrating. Their only chance would probably be La Sarthe no chicanes (no one uses Group C in the chicaned version), but even then there's that ridiculously fast L750R that obliterates everything in a straight line

Really? I hosted Gr.1 racing lobbies pretty often last month and every lobby would be about 70% Group C cars. I know this is probably hyper-casual racing but it seems like there were four LMP cars in every race and the rest were Mazdas and Saubers.

The V8 Vantage and M4 Gr.4 cars didn't see that much love after the introduction of the Mégane Trophy and when the Cayman GT4 gets some buff, plus the fuel saving discoveries of the Veyron Gr.4, NSX Gr.4 and the GT by Citroën Gr.4.

Then we got the Genesis Gr.3, used to be OP in the Closed Beta and the early days of GTS, now only people such as m2vsmario, Stefounzy and @Windfire1010 were using it, though it's still good enough not to be neglected by most people.

As for Group C cars in Gr.1, well Triple Z, they have absurd amounts of power, which is their only saving grace. But then there is the issue of the L750R dominating such power circuits, and this is made worse by their realistically difficult handling, especially when you try to get the foot down too early.

It doesn't work competitively. If it's just a casual lobby like the ones you host I'd hop in a Group C myself. But with rankings on the line I'd ever use Group C in a competitive manner, even if I wanted to

McLaren as a manufacturer tends to be forgotten and/or overlooked. I don't know if the Gr3/Gr4 cars are even bad per se, but very few notable drivers picked them for Manufacturers this past championship cycle. As for the Group 1, it might be in the same boat at the Group C cars as it has insane power in it's current BoP configuration, but it never gets used.

Last edited:
Then we got the Genesis Gr.3, used to be OP in the Closed Beta and the early days of GTS, now only people such as m2vsmario, Stefounzy and @Windfire1010 were using it, though it's still good enough not to be neglected by most people.

I was using the Genesis recently in the weekly race at Maggiore GP. It's incredibly stable and easy to use. Went from last to 3rd in that daily race as I didn't qualify.

5053069652054278680_0.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Because the top-tier players strategically avoided McLaren, there was no-one out there to prove once and for all whether or not McLaren really is as bad as it's last place finish makes it out to be. Contrast this with the Group 4 Peugeot, which we now know is a lemon thanks to Tidgney's well known PUG train.

Also contrast with Nissan. The GT3 is a boat on wheels, yet Nissan still finished 1st because of how talented it's drivers were across all regions.

Also contrast with Nissan. The GT3 is a boat on wheels, yet Nissan still finished 1st because of how talented it's drivers were across all regions.

The Nissan GT3 is my preferred car on Monza in Group 3. That car has awful handling but it pulls hard on the straights.

I remember with X5 Tire wear online, it understeered into the sand on Lesmo 1 even though I was in 3rd gear going 130k. Nearly threw my controller at the wall.

Last edited:
Because the top-tier players strategically avoided McLaren, there was no-one out there to prove once and for all whether or not McLaren really is as bad as it's last place finish makes it out to be.
One of the very early Test Seasons has JUN-_-JEEEEN driving for them in Asia/Oceania...

Something I forgot when I wrote those first couple of posts was the fact that there were a billion gazillion test seasons prior to the actual championship for players to figure these things out. It slipped my mind because I was somewhat of a latecomer to GT Sport, not knowing if I would even enjoy the online multiplayer racing and only purchasing the game after the single-player content had been fleshed out.

I think that what I said still holds some merit, as we saw a lot of parity in group 3 at least between the various cars. Prime example being the qualifying margins in Europe's final T24 race at Interlagos. Group 4 BoP is rubbish though.

SitRep: I touched Red Bull Ring for the first time ever in my sim racing career 40 minutes ago, currently have the 650S just a tenth off the Top 10 times :lol:

McLaren in a McLaren

What more could we ask besides maybe

Bentley in a Bentley.

Ironically I dislike Bentley's :lol:

My new hate is the Renault RS 01 GT3. My own 999cc Ford Focus eco boost can go around a corner quicker and stay facing in the right direction compared to that thing. Hopefully the gr4 Renault is better as numbnuts here chose Renault for manufacturers cup

Dude you're good and nobody cares. The McLarens suck, look past your very obvious fanboy sentiments and just accept it. Half a second delta is HUGE

Absolutely couldn't be more wrong, I've been memeing about the McLaren's being trash for at least half a year, did I offend you or something because that seemed like a bit of an unnecessary outburst.

The way the game is currently balanced in Group 3 there isn't really a 'bad' pick per se that you absolutely can't do well in, people often fall into the Top 10 leaderboard trap, when there's almost always many more alternatives or a faster car available.

Absolutely couldn't be more wrong, I've been memeing about the McLaren's being trash for at least half a year, did I offend you or something because that seemed like a bit of an unnecessary outburst.

If that were the case, your very first reply in this thread could have simply conceded the points others have made. Yet over the course of 4 cryptic (and superfluous) posts, you put on this braggadocios Top10 display. "Can a McLaren be within the meta car top10?" was a question never proposed in this thread or any other.

I have several Sport wins with the McLaren, even before it received more BoP. You don't see me posting that anywhere. Why? Because performing well in a McLaren doesn't change the fact that they've been poor choices for the entirety of GT Sport, and everyone in 'the know' knows that already. Therefore, there was no purpose to your post other than to stroke your own peen. And maybe gloss over the eyes of some noobs.

I'm a man that appreciates humility, thats all

If that were the case, your very first reply in this thread could have simply conceded the points others have made. Yet over the course of 4 cryptic (and superfluous) posts, you put on this braggadocios Top10 display. "Can a McLaren be within the meta car top10?" was a question never proposed in this thread or any other.

I have several Sport wins with the McLaren, even before it received more BoP. You don't see me posting that anywhere. Why? Because performing well in a McLaren doesn't change the fact that they've been poor choices for the entirety of GT Sport, and everyone in 'the know' knows that already. Therefore, there was no purpose to your post other than to stroke your own peen. And maybe gloss over the eyes of some noobs.

I'm a man that appreciates humility, thats all

Well sorry if it came off that way, but I was weighing up McLaren as an option over the last few days for this season and seeing these posts swung it for me, because I as well wanted to see if the car was any good after writing it off in the 'never drive this' pile a few months ago.

The first 2 posts were absolutely unnecessary but behind that was me genuinely weighing up the idea of signing for McLaren, you can post to have a bit of fun y'know.

So then I try it at Red Bull Ring and despite being absolutely useless at the track as its my first time out I notice the cars hitting quick sectors in comparison to the Top 10 leaderboard, despite my laps being pretty poor at the time.

The truth is, the 650S GT3 is quick at this circuit, definitely Top 5 in the class, how do I know this? Because my lap wasn't actually very good, there's 4 tenths in it easily comparing it against optimum time. This surprised me, that's why I posted the leaderboard shot because I was damn surprised it got up there, as a means to say, "look at this car its actually pretty good".

I didn't expect this, I didn't plan this and everything I posted was in pure reaction to what I was feeling at the time. This car is damn quick on Racing Mediums, surprisingly so and its old issue seems to be its lack of mechanical grip on the Hards as opposed to other cars in the class. I expect to get destroyed in Race trim, especially considering I'm not that good at this track yet and I'm not that good compared to some of the extremely talented drivers in Europe anyway, in any car, on any day.

This isn't about me, this is about the topic of the thread, a forgotten Group 3 car that I decided to try and it just happened to bloody surprise me. You got me all wrong mate.

Titans suck tho ;)
:(

Back