Forgotten/Worst Gr.[#] Cars?

Speaking of group 1 cars, Nissan GT-R LM Nismo was amazingly slow car. And I also wonder why did they even bother making that terrible Audi VGT which was just slow compared to R18 '16. :lol:

Speaking of group 1 cars, Nissan GT-R LM Nismo was amazingly slow car. And I also wonder why did they even bother making that terrible Audi VGT which was just slow compared to R18 '16. :lol:

GT-R Nismo is bad because the real car is hopeless as well. Nothing PD can do about that. They tried to exploit a loophole in the aero regs so it can have a high top speed for the Mulsanne straight, but they couldn't get the hybrid system ready in time for Le Mans, so it was missing 50% of its planned power. Without the hybrid 4WD, it's just a 500 horsepower FF and it was so slow in the corners that despite having decent top speed, it was almost as slow as the LMP2 cars :crazy:

The Audi VGT actually has the most powerful hybrid system in Gr.1, it just doesn't hold the charge for long so you run out of juice from lap 2 onwards. The 6th gear is also too long so it has poor top speed. Also it's heavy and eats the front tyres. And it's a VGT, so it has bad default setup that makes it tricky to drive. If it's a time trial with no tyre wear it can be faster than the R18.

This is the world record from a TT a while back. Most people used the R18 '16, but some aliens and the fastest guy used the VGT.

GT-R Nismo is bad because the real car is hopeless as well. Nothing PD can do about that. They tried to exploit a loophole in the aero regs so it can have a high top speed for the Mulsanne straight, but they couldn't get the hybrid system ready in time for Le Mans, so it was missing 50% of its planned power. Without the hybrid 4WD, it's just a 500 horsepower FF and it was so slow in the corners that despite having decent top speed, it was almost as slow as the LMP2 cars :crazy:

It is terrible in the game, and was in real life, I wish they'd done a VGT version of it or something so we could see how it would have been if the hybrid system had worked properly, or if they could give it a bit of a boost with the BoP, obviously no one's driving it anyway, but to leave it at 100/100, the same as the other hybrids, is just another kick when it's already down.

It was terrible in GT6 too right?

I agree that with all the freedom they have on GT Sport, they should have done a "what if" to show what its true capability would be if it was funded like VW funded Audi/Porsche.

Nissan also played themselves by continuously stating how their concept was "right" and everyone else was something old.

actually i really hope PD would make a "complete" version of the nismo lmp1 car some time.
IRL the schedule was too tight for a brand new packaging, and nissan pulled the plug way too early.

Also Epson Honda Gr. 2 car has been almost useless. Over all, group 2 has three new and competitive cars and three old and slow cars these days.

Also Epson Honda Gr. 2 car has been almost useless. Over all, group 2 has three new and competitive cars and three old and slow cars these days.

I think the Epson Honda is terrible in real life as well due to the ballast required for MR cars.

The old Gr.2 used to be good at high speed tracks like Fuji and Spa. But in the last update that made slipstream weaker, it became useless overnight because all PD did was lower air density, so the extra drag of the newer Gr.2 cars aren't such a disadvantage on the straights anymore.

I think the Epson Honda is terrible in real life as well due to the ballast required for MR cars.

The old Gr.2 used to be good at high speed tracks like Fuji and Spa. But in the last update that made slipstream weaker, it became useless overnight because all PD did was lower air density, so the extra drag of the newer Gr.2 cars aren't such a disadvantage on the straights anymore.

Yes, and there's not much that caan be done to Epson NSX because adding more power would make it even more difficult to drive.

I think that Nismo became slower mostly because it lost it's power advantage and now it has same max bhp level as Motul but it's 80 kg heavier.

Yes, and there's not much that caan be done to Epson NSX because adding more power would make it even more difficult to drive.

I think that Nismo became slower mostly because it lost it's power advantage and now it has same max bhp level as Motul but it's 80 kg heavier.

Yes, the old Gr.2 should just be in a separate class really. At stock power and weight they are actually very nice to drive.

I don't get PD's obsession with cramming everything into a single class. Gr.1 has at least 3 classes, Gr.2 should be split old/new, Gr.3 has cars from old GT1 and GT2 championships (F1, DBR9, M3), Gr.4 has 4 drivetrains and even a one make Trophy car, Gr.B has a useless Pikes Peak car. Why why why...

Back