Formula 1 2013 Season Opener Melbourne 17th March

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 909 comments
Two favourite current drivers first and second. Good days for the Iceman and Teflonso.

Sutil deserved more than 7th. An ambitious tyre strategy saw him more than holding his own against Vettel, not bad for someone who had a year out.

Bodes well for the rest of the year. Except for McLaren, who were nowhere.

Moment of the race: Dat presence of mind when Alonso noticed Hamilton locking up.

Great job Kimi, good job to Alonso and Massa and Lewis did a good job for a the new team too. Awesome drive from Sutil though it wasn't the spot that he thought he should have.

hahaha, wow, I was able to find a TV after work and watched the last 20 laps since it's on basic cable now.

Great race!!!!

lolol Kimi, "I told you the car was ggood."

As a Mclaren fan, I didn't find the race particularly exciting. Though the surprise win for Raikkonen was good. At the halfway point it looked like a Vettel vs Alonso duel.

Care to explain?

The rules state that in a dry race, the drivers must use both available dry compounds. Pirelli allocate the tires, not the teams. The most the teams can do is whine and bitch about them in the hopes that Pirelli will drop that particular compound but that's no guarantee.

Btw, this is what happens when you get a divorce and feel all bachelory as Kimi recently had happen. Totally explains his win :P

Wow, Kimi sure was eager to drink some champagne! Was having withdrawn symptoms already. :lol:

Well, it's 3:45 in the morning, I think I need some sleep now.

Tune in next week, maybe.

Back