Formula 1 2016 Grand Prix Of Europe

we need to see Lewis's steering wheel, I guess:cheers:
u33DBSp.jpg

BjyAL7jIYAAXMho.jpg

Both of these are fake. I can tell because neither of them have a #Blessed Mode button.

I'm glad someone within F1 finally came out and said this publicly.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016...-and-calls-on-f1-to-shake-up-its-tv-coverage/

The camera angles for sponsors hoardings and their insistence on head on shots with no sense of speed have been annoying for several years. Then the direction itself is just as bad? Car on a hot lap? No, let's spend 30 seconds watching Rosberg leaving the garage. Overtake happening? No, let's cut to a random woman at the back of a pit garage.

No, Rosberg started on pole and ran away

Sadly this seems to be the only way Rosberg can win races as well. He's darn good up front with a clear track but my he struggles whenever there is any other car around him, or he's mired in the pack. I don't feel he has the fight instincts like Hamilton/Alonso etc.

I find coverage today in all forms of Motorsport relies on cuts to the pits to see girlfriend/wife etc of the drivers far to often, I want to see the racing not an malnourished supermodel with dead eyes looking bored. If i wanted that I'd watch London fashion week...

Sadly this seems to be the only way Rosberg can win races as well. He's darn good up front with a clear track but my he struggles whenever there is any other car around him, or he's mired in the pack. I don't feel he has the fight instincts like Hamilton/Alonso etc.

To be fair that's a lot of what Vettel did when he was in the best car on the grid. Also Lewis has done that quite a bit when in pole and the Merc is bad in traffic.
People are so desperate to slag off Rosburg they will say getting pole and winning flag to flag is a sign of a rubbish driver...lol. No its the sign of a handy driver in the best car, same car as Lewis is in and he gets paid a hell of a lot more than Nico.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad someone within F1 finally came out and said this publicly.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016...-and-calls-on-f1-to-shake-up-its-tv-coverage/

The camera angles for sponsors hoardings and their insistence on head on shots with no sense of speed have been annoying for several years. Then the direction itself is just as bad? Car on a hot lap? No, let's spend 30 seconds watching Rosberg leaving the garage. Overtake happening? No, let's cut to a random woman at the back of a pit garage.
What annoys me is that the onboards are always breaking up. Since the senna era, this has not been resolved. I didn't see these issues at le mans though ! You expect better from the most technically advanced sport in the world.

I suspect that the problem in Azerbaijan was the local infrastructure. It was noted during FP1 that Baku doesn't even have 3G coverage.

I suspect that the problem in Azerbaijan was the local infrastructure. It was noted during FP1 that Baku doesn't even have 3G coverage.

Can spend millions on F1 farce..sorry, race... though. These places are just made for Bernie, matches made in heaven.

This race is sitting on my PVR waiting to be watched. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch a motor race since Le Mans finished. I'm starting to wonder if I'm finally done with F1.

What annoys me is that the onboards are always breaking up. Since the senna era, this has not been resolved. I didn't see these issues at le mans though ! You expect better from the most technically advanced sport in the world.

I can't remember where I read it but apparently the reason there have been a lot more digital errors in the on-boards this year is because they switched to a new system for them. In the past I think it was only around 6-8 cars that had real cameras on them running for bandwidth reasons but now they've got a new system where all cars can have a camera running but there are some teething issues. It was certainly really bad in Australia but had been getting better, Baku wasn't very good probably because of all the buildings.

I'll have to find the source because it was far better explained than that.

EDIT: Actually not as detailed as I remembered but yeah:

They replaced their entire onboard camera system for this year. New cameras and new transmission system. Significantly better quality (I believe it's supposed to be HD now), and is supposed to let them recieve all 22 cars at once (previous system was about 10 at most).

There have been some teething problems with the connection in early races, resulting in some interesting artefacts. I would assume the fancy toys like thermal and 360 will return in time, once everything else has been ironed out.

Last edited:
I wish they would stop with the image stabilizers on the onboards, you don't get any feel of the bumps or the vibration of the engine.
For tv shots, they should use more Monaco type angles instead of the dreadful long shots, sponsors could be placed near the new camera angles to get them to agree.

I wish they would stop with the image stabilizers on the onboards, you don't get any feel of the bumps or the vibration of the engine.

Perhaps it could be lessened... but you'd see very little but a blur if it was completely removed. This is HD, remember, you could get away with it in the low-res age.

For tv shots, they should use more Monaco type angles instead of the dreadful long shots, sponsors could be placed near the new camera angles to get them to agree.

They do on slower (ie Monaco-speed) corners, the problem is that at normal speeds you'd have 5 different cameras just for each straight. Not only would it be a ball-ache to watch but the director would probably have a stroke.

Back