Formula 1 2016 Grand Prix Of Europe

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by SVT Cobra GT, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

Both of these are fake. I can tell because neither of them have a #Blessed Mode button.

Sureboss, Peter., DK and 6 others like this.
  2. Samus

Samus

I'm glad someone within F1 finally came out and said this publicly.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016...-and-calls-on-f1-to-shake-up-its-tv-coverage/

The camera angles for sponsors hoardings and their insistence on head on shots with no sense of speed have been annoying for several years. Then the direction itself is just as bad? Car on a hot lap? No, let's spend 30 seconds watching Rosberg leaving the garage. Overtake happening? No, let's cut to a random woman at the back of a pit garage.

DK and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Mike458

Mike458

Or an autopilot that squeezes Rosberg into the wall at the next possible corner... (did it happen this race? Didn't see it.) :p

4. RazorSharkz

RazorSharkz

No, Rosberg started on pole and ran away

5. TheElbows

TheElbows

Sadly this seems to be the only way Rosberg can win races as well. He's darn good up front with a clear track but my he struggles whenever there is any other car around him, or he's mired in the pack. I don't feel he has the fight instincts like Hamilton/Alonso etc.

6. dopedog

dopedog (Banned)

I find coverage today in all forms of Motorsport relies on cuts to the pits to see girlfriend/wife etc of the drivers far to often, I want to see the racing not an malnourished supermodel with dead eyes looking bored. If i wanted that I'd watch London fashion week...

To be fair that's a lot of what Vettel did when he was in the best car on the grid. Also Lewis has done that quite a bit when in pole and the Merc is bad in traffic.
    People are so desperate to slag off Rosburg they will say getting pole and winning flag to flag is a sign of a rubbish driver...lol. No its the sign of a handy driver in the best car, same car as Lewis is in and he gets paid a hell of a lot more than Nico.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2016
    dylanlikes88, DK and FutureF1 like this.
  7. shoemaker

shoemaker

What annoys me is that the onboards are always breaking up. Since the senna era, this has not been resolved. I didn't see these issues at le mans though ! You expect better from the most technically advanced sport in the world.

SVT Cobra GT likes this.
  8. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

I suspect that the problem in Azerbaijan was the local infrastructure. It was noted during FP1 that Baku doesn't even have 3G coverage.

9. dopedog

dopedog (Banned)

Can spend millions on F1 farce..sorry, race... though. These places are just made for Bernie, matches made in heaven.

10. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

This race is sitting on my PVR waiting to be watched. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch a motor race since Le Mans finished. I'm starting to wonder if I'm finally done with F1.

11. Samus

Samus

I can't remember where I read it but apparently the reason there have been a lot more digital errors in the on-boards this year is because they switched to a new system for them. In the past I think it was only around 6-8 cars that had real cameras on them running for bandwidth reasons but now they've got a new system where all cars can have a camera running but there are some teething issues. It was certainly really bad in Australia but had been getting better, Baku wasn't very good probably because of all the buildings.

I'll have to find the source because it was far better explained than that.

EDIT: Actually not as detailed as I remembered but yeah:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  12. RazorSharkz

RazorSharkz

The entirity of the race on NBC was unwatchable quality for me. More static than race honestly; I was bummed.

13. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

The broadcast feed certainly wasn't that bad... sounds like a "local" issue.

14. whySOSerious

whySOSerious

Red Bull deploying their secret weapon

dylanlikes88, DK, aarror and 4 others like this.
  15. ukfan758

ukfan758

I wish they would stop with the image stabilizers on the onboards, you don't get any feel of the bumps or the vibration of the engine.
    For tv shots, they should use more Monaco type angles instead of the dreadful long shots, sponsors could be placed near the new camera angles to get them to agree.

DcrRaikkonen likes this.
  16. whySOSerious

whySOSerious

Engine mode problems and communications restrictions at Baku GP explained by Mercedes

17. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Perhaps it could be lessened... but you'd see very little but a blur if it was completely removed. This is HD, remember, you could get away with it in the low-res age.

They do on slower (ie Monaco-speed) corners, the problem is that at normal speeds you'd have 5 different cameras just for each straight. Not only would it be a ball-ache to watch but the director would probably have a stroke.