Formula 1 2021-2022 Off-Season and Mid-season break threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 767 comments
Please no. Indycar is amateur bumpercar racing lately. Let him race in Nascar or sportscars.

I feel like Indycar would better fit Daniel's skillset, but NASCAR would be a marketing team's wet dream given how popular he is in the US, and how much he embraces the "hick" subculture/stereotypes.

Last edited:
If he went NASCAR racing, I bet he would have his eye on the number 3. A spot at Childress will be open with Reddick leaving the 8 after the 2023 season, though I don't think he would move his grandboy from the 3 to the 8 to let Danny Ric have it.*

*Note this is just a fun post. There is about a 0.00000000000001% chance of it ever happening. :D

If he went NASCAR racing, I bet he would have his eye on the number 3. A spot at Childress will be open with Reddick leaving the 8 after the 2023 season, though I don't think he would move his grandboy from the 3 to the 8 to let Danny Ric have it.*

*Note this is just a fun post. There is about a 0.00000000000001% chance of it ever happening. :D
If he goes to NASCAR, RCR would be foolish to not sign him as he would be a perfect fit there. Expand 2023 team to 3 cars and have him in the 29 or 31.

Seems an announcement could be imminent. As expected with the confirmation of the 2026 engine regs.
I hope this is untrue because Audi avoiding F1 is the best running gag of the past 25 years.

What is F1’s beef with Andretti? If F1 wants more American viewers I don’t understand why they would be against Andretti having an F1 team.
It's the teams, as usual. They don't want more than 10 teams because it will reduce their income. FOM don't want to increase the pot.

That's why the VAG entries are all planned to be deals with existing teams.

What is F1’s beef with Andretti? If F1 wants more American viewers I don’t understand why they would be against Andretti having an F1 team.
Even with their offered 200 million anti dilution money the teams are still not interested because of loss of income, there are some good videos on YouTube breaking it down.

Please no. Indycar is amateur bumpercar racing lately. Let him race in Nascar or sportscars.
Pfft Indycar racing this year has been much better than a procession of sorting out the driver in the best car that the team doesn't shat the bed.

F1 lately is just a "competition" between amateur bungling strategic incompetence and the only driver with a chance to win the title.

Amatuer engineering with blowing up engines and drivers getting penalties is potentially the most significant thing shuffling the grid and potentially adjusting the championship... but probably not.

It is the definition of anti-climax there is about 1 with a chance of winning the championship this year. There have been some good races which is kind of amazing.

Indycar might be slower and still have some failures and some strategic errors but it's a far better sporting competition this year. I would love to see Danny Ric have a go in indycar.

I wouldn't be surprised if Audi decides to "re-evaluate long term strategies" and quietly backs out if Porsche is truly out of the picture. It's becoming more obvious that all the talk of bringing new manufacturers to F1 was in fact just talk, and it's not really wanted by the people who are sitting on the top right now.

Blueprint for 2023 season:

05. Mar: Sachir / Bahrain
19. Mar: Jeddah / Saudi Arabia
02. Apr: Melbourne / Australia
16. Apr: Shanghai / China
30. Apr: Baku / Aserbaidjan
07. May: Miami / USA
21. May: Imola / Italy
28. May: Monte Carlo / Monaco
04. June: Barcelona / Spain
18. June: Montreal / Canada
02. July: Spielberg / Austria
09. July: Silverstone / England
23. July: Spa / Belgium
30. July: Budapest / Hungary
Summerbreak
27. Aug: Zandvoort / Netherland
03. Sep: Monza / Italy
17. Sep: Singapore
24. Sep: Suzuka / Japan
08. Oct: Doha / Qatar
22. Oct: Austin / USA
29. Oct: Mexico-City / Mexico
05. Nov: Sao Paulo / Brasil
18. Nov: Las Vegas / USA
26. Nov: Yas-Island / Abu Dhabi

Ya you’d think they’d do the races in groups by country but they probably want to be able to continue to market F1 to the US year round.
In fairness, they've done a better job than years of old, where it would just be at random (or appear to be). The idea was to group together races in regions and visit them closer together to help reduce air freight, however Miami does appear to be the outlier; not knowing what Florida weather is like, isn't October when they tend to get the heavy storms?

Back