Formula 1 2022-23 Off Season and TESTING ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 331 comments
Anyone else kinda wish RIC would have taken the option to go to Indycar with McLaren?
100% yes. If he ever gets a full time seat in F1 again it won’t be for a competitive team. He would have been a popular driver in Indycar, and would have had some opportunities to fight for podiums & wins.

Decision time approaching - do I want to pony up the monthly Sky sub right away, or wait a few races in case it's another Red Bull procession? The highlights will be fine if it's all SuperMax once again.

I still hope for good races behind RB but I don't have high hopes for the championship with Ferrari and Mercedes already seem to struggle in comparison to RB.

I still hope for good races behind RB but I don't have high hopes for the championship with Ferrari and Mercedes already seem to struggle in comparison to RB.
Yep, looks like it will be a case if Mercedes and Ferrari can sort themselves out to challenge Aston for 2nd or if it's just a battle for the 3rd best car...

Otherwise there should be some good midfield battles with multiple teams but it's going to be circuit dependent and unpredictable...

cheat bulls to walk in the titles again, excitement for race wins probably down to anomolies caused by random factors, reliability, collisions etc.

Yep, looks like it will be a case if Mercedes and Ferrari can sort themselves out to challenge Aston for 2nd or if it's just a battle for the 3rd best car...

I'm getting 2004 vibes all over again. One team dominates, a previous season's midfield team scores regular podiums but don't win, the expected challengers to the dominant team end up scrapping over 3rd and 4th or even 5th in the constructors... even Max winning 12 of the first 13 races isn't inconceivable.

Last edited:
Roo
I'm getting 2004 vibes all over again. One team dominates, a previous season's midfield team scores regular podiums but don't win, the expected challengers to the dominant team end up scrapping over 3rd and 4th or even 5th in the constructors... even Max winning 12 of the first 13 races isn't inconceivable.
It’ll be interesting to see if AM can develop their car and close the gap with the advantage they have in allowance for aero testing. They finished 7th last year and will have way more time than the top teams.

David Sanchez, head of aerodynamics at Ferrari, has left the team and will go back to McLaren according to Italian media.

David Sanchez, head of aerodynamics at Ferrari, has left the team and will go back to McLaren according to Italian media.

Ferrari's quickest sacking since René Arnoux.

Meh, it's really a non issue to me. Tons of journalists will spin the words of everyone in the paddock to just get some clicks anyway.

Piquet fined ~$1m by Brazilian court for racist and homophobic comments towards Hamilton.

I guess when Brazilian human rights groups bring a case against you and Brazilian courts find against you, the excuse that it's just a translation thing and the word you used is a Brazilian colloquialism that isn't racist doesn't really wash...

Former Williams Formula 1 team sponsor ROKiT has launched a $149m legal action against the Grove outfit in a Florida court, claiming compensation for damage to its reputation.

When a limited calendar was initially announced by F1, ROKiT says it offered to pay a percentage of the agreed fees.

However, the sponsorship deal was cancelled by Williams in May, before the season resumed, at a time when the team was in negotiations with potential new owners.

The dispute over the unpaid fees for 2020 subsequently went to the London Court of International Arbitration, where Williams ultimately proved successful.

The new court submission claims that "the arbitrator was not aware of the fraudulent concealment of statements of material facts by defendants that were not discovered until after the arbitration had concluded," and that ROKiT "learned that the car was never capable of performing to the standards that defendants had guaranteed to the plaintiffs, and that defendants were aware of and concealed this fact".

It adds that the "defendants intentionally and fraudulently concealed the fact that Williams Engineering simply did not have enough money to develop the F1 car".

The claim says that "as a direct and proximate result of the fraudulent statements made by the defendants, plaintiffs have suffered significant financial loss and damage to their goodwill and business reputation," and asks for compensation for "an amount in excess of $149,528,550 dollars".

****ing rats, I hope Dorilton/Williams counter sues them into the ground.

Last edited:
Maybe they can just give Felipe Massa the Williams team and settle both matters.

Declare the race should be an option.

Edit: Massa has a point about 2008 but it's way too long ago now. Might as well disqualify Senna from the 1990 championship, giving it to Prost, while you're at it. Schumacher was disqualified in 1997 for less.

Last edited:
The actually correct answer is not on the poll at all:
Treat the incident based on the incident in question.Distance through the race should not be taken into account and treated differently.

If it is worthy of a Safety Car, Safety Car. If it is worthy of a Red Flag, Red Flag. If it is over 90% and you have Red Flagged, then race can be declared there.

The Miami track has flooded. I'm not sure how much of a threat this is to the GP. I would think they should have enough time to sort things out.

Now those boats can float on real water.

5c919c458850f6585396928a68b1715b.jpg

I actually hate that section of track. I'm not sure that a straight will fix it but I'm intrigued. Along with Albert Park and Imola, it's an unusual return to creating fast straights rather than chopping them up.

Not sure where to put this so figured I would here.

Anyone reading the Mark Hughes book on Verstappen that just released?

Am currently enjoying "How to build a car" and wondering if it's worth getting.

Back