Formula 1 Aramco British Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 150 comments
Amazing day for McLaren. Was hoping for a double podium, but that'll do, pig... that'll do. Piastri was super solid. With both drivers on Hards, I thought McLaren pulled a Ferrari, but it seems that no one can Ferrari like Ferrari, except for maybe Stroll.

Was also hoping both Williams could get into the points, but good job, Albon.

Wait, what? Max has enough points in the WDC to lead the WCC solo? Insane.

babe-family.gif

Hard tires for Mclaren was a Ferrari style blunder with how many laps were left, but Mclaren wasnt catching Verstappen and the Mercedes is slow.

Hope their pace sticks around with Aston having fallen off.

Last edited:
Great job from McLaren, unfortunate timing for Piastri who drove a completely faultless race. Great defense from Norris early in the last stint as well.

AM is 3rd at 181 points in the wcc, Alonso has scored 137 of those points. Just fire Stroll already.

If Verstappen scores only 58% of the remaining available points, he will end on a higher points total than he did last year (which was already dominant).

For reference, he scored 92.4% of the available points in the season so far.

The only thing left to make this season interesting is for Max to win the remaining races.

Couldn't catch the race live today but it seems McLaren has now joined the battle for best of the rest after Verstappen and RB. They leapfrog Alpine in the process as well. Honestly if Max and RB wasn't there, this could've probably been an awesome season to watch considering how close all the teams are bar RB.

I guess now the potentially exciting thing left to watch for this season is
  • Will Max and RB do a full sweep and win every race?
  • Could anyone or anything prevent that from happening?
  • Will Perez gain some consistency?
  • Which driver is going to finish P2-P3 in the WDC?
  • What team will finish P2-P3 in the WCC?

Last edited:
Just watched the race highlights. I officially hate safety cars.

Still tho, incredible result for Piastri. Great to see both McLaren's fighting at the front.

Bahrain 3/10
Saudi Arabia: 2/10
Australia: 5/10
Baku: 3/10
Miami: 4/10
Monaco: 6/10
Barcelona: 2/10
Montreal: 5/10
Spielberg: 5/10
Silverstone: 5/10

Piastri was my DOTD. Quick and consistent throughout the race, arguably quicker than Norris at some parts of it until team orders. Only lost the podium because of the SC. Overall he showed that he belongs to be up there mixing it with the best of them.

Last edited:
I was sat near the main stage at Silverstone to watch this and the roar that erupted when Lando took 1st at the start was quite something! As a McLaren fan I'm very pleased with the results even if I would have liked to have seen Piastri on the podium.

BTW if anyone here was at the main stage around midday on Sunday then I was spying on you ;)

PXL_20230709_123836399-01.jpeg

Back