Formula 1 Aramco Großer Preis Der Eifel 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 214 comments
Right-on, brother. :cheers:

Daniel's known for being able to adapt quickly to major changes, for those who don't know this. It's one of the reasons I've rated him from the get-go.

Being an impeccably-nice guy "don't hurt any", as the Americans might say.

Last edited:
Schumacher was still elite across all those different regulations.

Same with Jackie Stewart, elite driver no matter whether the car had 1.5L engine, 3L, wings and massive slicks or not.

I don't feel the two can be compared. Did Stewart ever cheat in the heat of the moment? When we look back across history that will always be the thing that stops drivers like Schumacher and Senna being the very best of the best.

F1 is too hard to compare drivers and the nature of how championships are won means Top Teams are unlikely to put themselves in a position where they have 2 top line drivers as your taking big points from each other if your car is similar to a rivals, that only usually happens when one of those 2 top drivers was underrated up till that point and teams get caught off guard.

When Rosberg and Hamilton where team mates, I'm almost certain they didn't expect Rosberg to be good enough to take on Hamilton that's why they signed Hamilton, Same could be said with Hamilton and Alonso, Alonso was signed well before Mclaren knew that Hamilton was going to be in the Mclaren in 2007, and even though he was their junior driver I don't think they would've expected what would happen.

It kind of sucks that it works this way from a fan perspective though.

Last edited:
Stroll symptomatic and in self isolation on Saturday but only took a test once the race concluded, and was subsequently positive. How convenient for Racing Point.

I don't feel the two can be compared. Did Stewart ever cheat in the heat of the moment? When we look back across history that will always be the thing that stops drivers like Schumacher and Senna being the very best of the best.

No and I don't think its relevant, because I'm not comparing drivers from different eras - I'm saying the best drivers of any era are the best in their era because they adapt better than their contemporaries.

Last edited:
No and I don't think its relevant, because I'm not comparing drivers from different eras - I'm saying the best drivers of any era are the best in their era because they adapt better than their contemporaries.

Fair enough, but I still don't think you can call a driver who cheats so monstrously several times "elite", even within their own era. Schumacher was one of the greatest all-rounders but that dark side to his racing personality will always hold him from the very top spots.

Back