Formula 1 Aramco United States Grand Prix 2021

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 277 comments
Let's see if Radio Five Live/BBC F1 reads out my "lasagna/lasagne" Tweet :D

(they're currently having a chat about the singular and plural of "kudos" and "panini")

Last edited:
Man, I hope the Mercs haven't been sandbagging. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if they suddenly are 3 tenths ahead of Red Bull.

I love how Brundle still just completely ignores those AWS scores. Presumably because they've been told not to slate them, so his only option is to say nothing.
Shame that Crofty sounds like he's being paid to say "powered by AWS" as often as he can

Shame that Crofty sounds like he's being paid to say "powered by AWS" as often as he can
Yup, they've definitely had their instructions. Crofty picks up on them every time, but ignores other non-AWS graphics. The ex-drivers used to chime and in question their validity, now even they go along with it as loosely as they can, or ignore it.

Man, I hope the Mercs haven't been sandbagging. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if they suddenly are 3 tenths ahead of Red Bull.
Seems like it was the opposite at this point. They're close on race pace though, so hopefully they'll do some racing tomorrow.

Yeah turn 1 will be very interesting tomorrow.
They're both going to try and send it up the inside, and one of them will go full Van Der Linde.

Also Ricciardo outqualifies Norris!

Did not expect Danica Patrick

Edit: and wouldn't mind this being the last time. Sounds so bored

Last edited:
It doesn't help that these post race ex-driver interviewers clearly have safe PR questions fed to them, so they can't really talk naturally as they would off-camera.

It's why I sometimes miss EJ. He might have been a bit of a clown, but he wasn't afraid to ask interesting questions and go off script.

Last edited:
I hope that Perez can keep this speed up, if he can annoy Lewis tomorrow that would be great.

Huge, huge fan support out here for Danny and Checo. Saw a bunch of Red Bull fans cheering for the first RB car they saw only to realize it was Max and sit down, then get back up for Checo. Lots of love for the Macs, but definitely bigger cheers for the Honey Badger.

Last edited:
I'm more impressed the 107% rule wasn't invoked for Mr. Creative.
Since it was a practice session, 107% rule doesn't apply. But it's still crazy to me that he couldn't stop himself from breaking track limits for an entire hour.

Back