Formula 1 Aramco United States Grand Prix 2021

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 277 comments
Max able to put in some blistering laps on new tyres at the start of his stints whilst still maintaining life and pace in them at the end of the stints (especially the last) whereas Lewis did not have that immediate pace advantage or big late stint advantage despite bedding the tyres in. I think that really highlights RB's advantage here and doesn't bode well for the remaining rounds going off previous years but let's see.

I want to see Shaq standing next to Tsunoda
They don't have wide enough lenses for that

Edit: Looked it up, 2.16m vs 1.59m
57cm difference :lol:

As reference, Shaqs girlfriend is about the same size as Yuki
Shaq-with-his-girlfriend.png

Last edited:
It is kind of interesting that Lewis was able to get the fastest lap, even though it looked like Red Bull had the pace advantage. Max was really managing his tires there.

Last edited:
The cars are incredibly tight in terms of pace, it will come down to who makes less errors and/or reliability.

It is kind of interesting that Lewis was able to get the fastest lap there, even though it looked like Red Bull had the pace advantage. Max was really managing his tires there.
Lewis knew he couldnt beat max so he went for FL instead.

Max able to put in some blistering laps on new tyres at the start of his stints whilst still maintaining life and pace in them at the end of the stints (especially the last) whereas Lewis did not have that immediate pace advantage or big late stint advantage despite bedding the tyres in. I think that really highlights RB's advantage here and doesn't bode well for the remaining rounds going off previous years but let's see.
At this point, Mercedes should be focusing on trying to hold onto the constructor's lead.

Why didn't Ferrari pit Leclerc for fastest lap since he had over 25 seconds to Ricardo with three laps to go???
Because one flub in the pit stops and it was a net 4 or more points loss instead of 1 gained. Plus a Merc or Red Bull could've still got it anyway with their superior performance.

Not worth the risk.

As a Honda fan I feel like I should be happy for what looks to be the first Honda powered world champion in 30 years, but I don't like RedBull, I especially cannot tolerate Christian Horner and Verstappen is a whiney little prat, so... I'm torn.

They don't have wide enough lenses for that

Edit: Looked it up, 2.16m vs 1.59m
57cm difference :lol:

As reference, Shaqs girlfriend is about the same size as Yuki
Shaq-with-his-girlfriend.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's Nicole "Hoopz" Alexander. Any VH1 reality show junkie would recognize her instantly for being the 4th place on Flavor Flav's love reality show (guess)... I don't know, that was years ago...

I do remember Pumpkin's spit :lol:. Actually, this made me remember it lol

Seems like the race was so interesting to so many fans that more people are talking about Martin Brundle's interview attempt with that strange woman who felt the need to bring a bodyguard to the grid walk.

Seems like the race was so interesting to so many fans that more people are talking about Martin Brundle's interview attempt with that strange woman who felt the need to bring a bodyguard to the grid walk.
What happened there was cringe-worthy to another level. I believe the team responsible was Red Bull as I saw somewhere that she was taking pictures in the garage (in definitely not proper for an F1 garage clothing) with Cash App promoted. Cash App is a sponsor of Red Bull.

If F1 feels the need to keep giving random celebrities exclusive paddock and grid access, could you pick ones who give at least a rat's arse about Formula 1?

Every camera cut to a "celebrity" is pure cringe. At every race. I want to throttle the director who insists on that pandering, vacuuous, vapid tripe.

It's like we're supposed to be educated that even outside of their own field, this person is somehow still a star. Whatever.

"Oh, don't you know that [whoever] is a big deal in Hollywood?"

Whereas to me, you're at a Formula One Grand Prix. That's the world as far as that event is. Do you even know who Martin Brundle is? He's the big deal, not you. Enjoy the race, fine, and kindly crawl back into your TMZ hovel.

Last edited:
I understand the need and desire for celebrities and brands to be seen promoting at F1 events for both parties, but if you are doing promotion work then be prepared to work... Would it really have been too much for those celebrities just to say hello and thank you to [sponsor] for the experience?

I think the best thing is that Martin has ZERO interest in talking to these celebrities, almost as little interest as we have from hearing from them. He recognises his part of the job at least, give them their platform time and then sod off ASAP to find someone he actually wants to hear from.

One of those deals where you can see both sides. Brundle’s rap request was vacuous, but any celeb & their team should understand that idiotic gridwalk questions are part of their paid appearance.

I'm only just now briefly catching up on the TV coverage the race endured (tried to during the race, reception was absolutely bonkers, out-of-the-question, not happening). But, just my initial thoughts on celebrities attending the race, if they want to be there, great. I could see someone like Shaq or Ben Stiller being there; Shaq is open to a lot of stuff and loves playing to a crowd with his charm with the intent of entertaining everyone else first, and he seemed to show respect when necessary. Ben is someone I could see being in the area, someone pitched attending to him, he found it interesting, and organized it with Mercedes. He was there Sat. & Sun., and was only shown once each day just chilling in the paddock and the garage; he was extremely low-key.

MTS seemed like she was just there to collect her CashApp check, walk the grid as part of the deal, and then dip. Even on her IG, she tagged CashApp and made no mention of the sport, drivers, or Red Bull. If celebrities in the US are going to attend F1 as guests of a team or company, the idea should be to bring more awareness to the sport, not use the sport the other way around. Maybe the issue is more with CashApp & their decision to use her to attend the race & promote the brand than someone else there like Shaq.

Last edited:
They should give those attention whores the attention they deserve like they did on Dutch television. Focus on her ass and not give an actual **** who she's supposed to be.

My brother and I have no idea who she is, and when we asked my nephews all they said was she made a song about "wet cats" to state it mildly. Great role model to attract girls to the sport, maybe? /s

It's great to see so much hype for F1 in the US. Loved all the cheers for Perez and it's a shame we couldn't see what he was capable of this weekend with the drink issue.

Last edited:
Back