Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 462 comments
What on earth is going on with Mercedes? They seem worse off than Monaco somehow.
The story goes (so not sure if true) that the MGU-H change of all Mercedes engines do not perform and they have to be 'tweaked down'. Look at the rest of the cars in the FP3 ranking with a Mercedes engine.

The story goes (so not sure if true) that the MGU-H change of all Mercedes engines do not perform and they have to be 'tweaked down'. Look at the rest of the cars in the FP3 ranking with a Mercedes engine.

Plausible, but even McLaren look faster at this point. Mercedes just seem to have no grip in the slow stuff.

HAM with a massive slipstream and he's still half a second down on GAS.

I'm gonna hope Verstappen got all the data he needs before crashing. Mercedes look like they're bottling it again so there's no need for any heroics in qualifying.

Oh boy, another red flag. Antonio crashed. That doesn't work too well for those that didn't set times yet.

Christ the AWS "How did you know?" advert is so annoying. THEY WERE USING THEIR PHONE, LITTLE GIRL!

Just watched that ad on YouTube, and I was surprised by how infuriating it was.

Also, I heard the latter part in the voice of Crazy Ear for the Borderlands games.

Edit: Danny Ric in the wall!

Last edited:
Hope Norris doesnt get a grid penalty would be harsh...
Well, it looks like he knew it was a red flag because he was talking to his pit wall about it, but he opted not to pit and completed a lap that wouldn't be counted despite having plenty of time to bail out.

We know what red flags mean - it's in your basic race licence course: you stop racing, there and then. He didn't, so any penalty is warranted.

Is it me, or is the "Skypad" a complete waste of time with just another voice watching the same replays we've already seen?

Well, it looks like he knew it was a red flag because he was talking to his pit wall about it, but he opted not to pit and completed a lap that wouldn't be counted despite having plenty of time to bail out.

We know what red flags mean - it's in your basic race licence course: you stop racing, there and then. He didn't, so any penalty is warranted.
indeed looking bad for Mclaren this weekend....

Is it me, or is the "Skypad" a complete waste of time with just another voice watching the same replays we've already seen?

They do sometimes get camera angles not (yet) shown on the world feed but more often than not it is just analysing what we've seen.

Back