Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 462 comments
Hang on, did it get red-flagged for Tsunoda's crash and then Sainz binned it?

If Norris is going to be in trouble for not stopping (and he should be), what trouble will Sainz be in for crashing under a red flag?

Leclerc with the live radio swears :D

If Norris is going to be in trouble for not stopping (and he should be), what trouble will Sainz be in for crashing under a red flag?

Wasn't red then but definitely double yellows, so he may be questioned.

Nah, Sainz was right behind Tsunoda, and realized too late that he had to brake harder and binned it. Don't think red was out yet.

It was this abrupt braking and going straight of Sainz or crashing into Yuki after the corner. I think with this move Sainz avoided an accident wth Yuki?

Happy for LeClerc was dog rough at Monaco... wonder how many cars will actually finish the race 2moro, or get passed first corner lol... Swear box needed today!

That was entertaining but also completely farcical. Top 3 all have wingmen in useless positions so team strategy may not play much tomorrow.

That was entertaining but also completely farcical. Top 3 all have wingmen in useless positions so team strategy may not play much tomorrow.
Verstappen has a team-mate right behind him :D

If Norris is going to be in trouble for not stopping (and he should be)

It looked to me like Norris tried to make the pits, but I think he shouldn't have accelerated to proceed once he'd realised (or decided) he couldn't make it. To me that's where the trouble lies for him.

It looked to me like Norris tried to make the pits, but I think he shouldn't have accelerated to proceed once he'd realised (or decided) he couldn't make it. To me that's where the trouble lies for him.

Looking at it again I don't get why he even questioned whether to pit or not. Red flag = pit ASAP, all the drivers know this. It's one thing to attempt to slow down and not make it but it seems like he was waiting for a reply at which point it was too late and he was akwardly straddling the white line.

Think it'll take a bit of explaining on that one.

EDIT: Ah, given out as I was writing that. Indeed.

Last edited:
I suppose if you are going to force a crash so you retain pole position it's always safer to get your teammate to do it.

Only watched the highlights on f1 tv but it looked like a good one. I’m thinking sooner than later Merc will let Bottas know that he’ll be a free agent for next season.

Only watched the highlights on f1 tv but it looked like a good one. I’m thinking sooner than later Merc will let Bottas know that he’ll be a free agent for next season.
It is going to be a long and humiliating season for Bottas.

Meanwhile, here's some Genesis.

edit: Kind of amusing that there's another song on the same album called 'Undertow' :lol:

Last edited:
Hopefully Leclerc can bring home a win for Ferrari.

Also hope that Hamilton has a repeat of FP3.

Back