Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 213 comments
Lando Norris is looking so good this season. His teammate on the other hand is looking more and more like a genuine possibilty of being released at the end of the season if he doesn't improve soon. Sad for him but McLaren need two cars up there to make sure they beat Ferrari.

Last edited:
BitterUnlawfulFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

Russell likely to start 8th because of the impending penalty for Seb, unlucky Norris there seriously impressive / Danny Ric must be sick...

Fun end to quali but in normal circumstances that's killed any small hope of a race. McLaren don't have the race pace and Perez obviously isn't going to challenge Max. Might be a good race elsewhere though.

Mercs no where near the front row.....what a difference? Tomorrow's race should be interesting to watch, at least I hope so anyway cause last week's race was not particularly good.

Last edited:
Holy crap, Lando same so diabolically close to stealing pole! Lando's having a great season, but that Macca is definitely faster than I think anyone reasonably expected! It casts a quite a large shadow on Danny Ric, though. I hope he can come to grips with that car quickly.

A Big L for the Mercedes team, though. Lewis was pretty much nowhere on his final lap.

Shoutout to Russell for not only making it to Q3, but grabbing 9th place for the start! This'll be Williams best possible chance to get some points.

Last edited:
Mercs no where near the front row.....what a difference? Tomorrow's race should be interesting to watch, at least I hope so anyway cause last week's race was not particularly good.
Unless there are some bumper cars and incidents, which nobody really wants, I can't see it. At least not for the win. Despite the start position Lando is still going to be aiming for 5th in normal circumstances, his race pace is nowhere near the Red Bull and Mercedes as we know from last week. Perez is going to play rear gunner.

Probably more action behind though. Ferrari's coming through again, Vettel might be racey after his inevitable penalty, maybe RIC can get another good start and stay there.

Who knows, but I think 99 times out of 100 it's another easy VER win at the front.

Who knows what the 2022 cars will bring but it's kinda a shame we're losing this formula after this season. We just need Mercedes to find a couple of tenths, McLaren to improve their race pace and Ferrari to find a bit here and there and we'd have a four way fight for poles and wins.

Ricciardo is in serious danger I think. Seidl will get rid of him at this rate.

Last edited:
Ricciardo is in serious danger I think. Seidl will get rid of him at this rate.
Indeed, question is how long they give him. If he's still getting annihilated by the time we get to Abu Dhabi then it'd be wise to shop around for next year but it may be too late by then, unless you get into buying out contracts.

Last edited:
Indeed, question is how long they give him. If he's still getting annihilated by the time we get to Abu Dhabi then it'd be wise to shop around for next year but it may be too late by then, unless you get into buying out contracts.
Call up de Vries or George Russell. Give those boys a chance. They're both Mercedes drivers but what the hell.

Don't wanna be that guy but looks like Daniel's team hopping in recent years is biting him back, and hard.

Last edited:
Here are the updated qualifying averages:

Verstappen: 0.153
Hamilton: 0.239
Bottas: 0.358
Leclerc: 0.565
Norris: 0.572
Perez: 0.596
Sainz: 0.656
Gasly: 0.675
Ricciardo: 1.088
Tsunoda: 1.191
Alonso: 1.213
Stroll: 1.216
Ocon: 1.282
Vettel: 1.326
Giovinazzi: 1.413
Russell: 1.416
Raikkonen: 1.852
Latifi: 2.059
Schumacher: 2.372
Mazepin: 2.828

Kudos to Schumacher, who improved his gap to pole over last week by half a second.

Whilst we rightly praise NOR let's not forget the stellar job that whole McLaren team have done the last three years, 2018 Austrian GP they were 14th and 16th.
Call up de Vries or George Russell. Give those boys a chance. They're both Mercedes drivers but what the hell.
I think Russell is all but guaranteed to be in the Merc but de Vries is possible. Or maybe things will get really weird and they'll pluck Mr "They race me so hard" out of DTM, he doesn't seem to have any place back in F1 with Red Bull.

Last edited:
BOT has been summoned by the stewards for driving slowly between 9 and 10. You can see on the driver tracker how long he waited, although it seems HAM and RUS did the same, but perhaps not as long. It was this that led to VET blocking ALO.

EDIT: Sainz as well, same reason.

Last edited:
BOT has been summoned by the stewards for driving slowly between 9 and 10. You can see on the driver tracker how long he waited, although it seems HAM and RUS did the same, but perhaps not as long. It was this that led to VET blocking ALO.

EDIT: Sainz as well, same reason.

So Vettel was right in his defense.
Alonso's fate was sealed half a lap before the incident.

So in typical FIA oddness Vet gets a penalty but the others all get away with it because, they say, several drivers contributed and there was no one wholly to blame.

Which is nonsense. If VET deserves a penalty, and he did despite not being at fault, they all do. But seemingly because the end result was VEt getting in the way, the ones who ultimately caused it get away with it.

What is the point of issuing a directive if the stewards aren't going to enforce it.

Last edited:
Stunning performances by Norris and Russell. Let's hope George can get some luck for once, he seems to be the Nico Hulkenberg of points finishes. Medium tyres and 8th on the grid could be a windfall if the cards fall into place.

Did anyone else see this? Looks like we have a hack

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210703-152111~2.png
    Screenshot_20210703-152111~2.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210703-151028~2.png
    Screenshot_20210703-151028~2.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 24
So in typical FIA oddness Vet gets a penalty but the others all get away with it because, they say, several drivers contributed and there was no one wholly to blame.

Which is nonsense. If VET deserves a penalty, and he did despite not being at fault, they all do. But seemingly because the end result was VEt getting in the way, the ones who ultimately caused it get away with it.

What is the point of issuing a directive if the stewards aren't going to enforce it
But it is hard to blame some one who is not impeding anyone, I mean there is no minimum time for that sector and drivers like to have a 4 sec gap and they were all at it.

In the end VET payed for it, as he was the one at the wrong place just at the wrong time and could drive super slow to the right as that was forbidden between 9 & 10.

Last edited:
Back