Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 213 comments
Anyone else noticed this issue?
A Williams was stuck on the straight after turn 3
Untitled.png

Nonsense penalty for Norris. He had the corner, Perez should've backed out if he didn't want to go off.

Jolyon on BBC Radio 5 seems cross, because Verstappen did the same thing to Leclerc in 2019 - except on purpose, and with tarmac runoff - and got nothing.

Does seem mental, but then Hamilton got a penalty for the same thing against Albon, and that was Albon's fault too.

Weirdly, Hamilton passed Norris then got on the radio to say "Such a good driver, Norris"...

I don't see how people think the penalty was harsh, and I love Norris. What's better 3s? Either way, I'm tired of hearing "Driver x should back out" or "it's x driver's corner". This is racing and the is no rule against running side by side. There are two+ lanes. When a car is more than halfway alongside, just give the space and both drivers can go like hell. Heck, our GTP rules support that.

What a ridiculous penalty for Norris. The stewards are morons.
Particularly when the onboards had shown Norris was in front going into the corner, still at least its something to talk about there's nothing else happening... yawn.

It's a fair penalty for me, PER was fully alongside and NOR gave him nowhere to go but off. PER has every right to be there.

Wonder what VER is thinking right now. Probably what he's going to have for dinner, or trying to count all his fans each time he goes past the stands. "542, 543...."

He deserved the penalty to me. The move was on before they even hit the braking zone. You have to leave a space.

Of course the sky commentators call it harsh, I wonder why..

Last edited:
I don't see how people think the penalty was harsh, and I love Norris.
It's because other drivers have done it (and on purpose) and got away with it. There seems to be highly inconsistent application.
I'm tired of hearing "Driver x should back out" or "it's x driver's corner". This is racing and the is no rule against running side by side. There are two+ lanes. When a car is more than halfway alongside, just give the space and both drivers can go like hell. Heck, our GTP rules support that.
GTP doesn't have rules about driving. Some users have assembled preferred driving etiquette guides, but there's no GTPlanet rule. F1, on the other hand, does have specific rules.

Which Perez has also just broken so should be getting a five-second penalty... right?

It's because other drivers have done it (and on purpose) and got away with it. There seems to be highly inconsistent application.

GTP doesn't have rules about driving. Some users have assembled preferred driving etiquette guides, but there's no GTPlanet rule. F1, on the other hand, does have specific rules.

Which Perez has also just broken so should be getting a five-second penalty... right?
Claiming inconsistent application is a cop out. It either is a penalty or not. The stewards have called it and they're consistent this weekend.

Yes, it's a penalty for Perez.

Latest Posts

Back