Formula 1 Emirates Gran Premio Dell'emilia Romagna 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 213 comments
#SharingShoeys
upload_2020-11-2_1-2-35.png

Last edited:
So if Hamilton comes down with Coxsackievirus, will we blame Ricciardo?

So if Hamilton comes down with Coxsackievirus, will we blame Ricciardo?

I mean, I'm surprised that Hamilton even took the shoey. I'd wager that the FIA might not be too happy about that.

Primarily for Ricciardo's sake (and Lewis' as well, obviously), I definitely hope Lewis stays COVID free.

I mean, I'm surprised that Hamilton even took the shoey. I'd wager that the FIA might not be too happy about that.

Primarily for Ricciardo's sake (and Lewis' as well, obviously), I definitely hope Lewis stays COVID free.

I'm a germ freak so there is no force on this Earth that would make me take a shoey.

I'm a germ freak so there is no force on this Earth that would make me take a shoey.

I wouldn't consider myself a germ freak, but I definitely think the Shoey is hella nasty. Danny Ric somehow makes it look at least a tad acceptable, but I don't think even he could get me to try it.

I wouldn't consider myself a germ freak, but I definitely think the Shoey is hella nasty. Danny Ric somehow makes it look at least a tad acceptable, but I don't think even he could get me to try it.

He's so likable I'd probably demand it. :lol:

That post race interview...

Adopt a killer instinct Albon, I fear its in the genes though.

Last edited:
I think we were pretty lucky that today’s race wasn’t remembered for a tragic event today. It seems that the FIA released the lapped cars too early and several drivers had to take action to avoid hitting marshalls who were still on track clearing debris

He was leading by over 26 seconds when the predicted pit loss was 27 seconds

There needed to be either a VSC or a full safety car anyway, so yes he was very likely going to take the lead

Thought I saw 28 seconds gap when Lewis put that final 1 minute 17 lap in before the call. He would've come out ahead of Bottas. Certainly split him and Max.

Regardless of that, the real luck was Bottas car being damaged slightly, not a virtual safety car. Max overtook Bottas in the end, both Lewis and Max would've overtook Bottas wounded car. The only reason Lewis can stay out and gain on Bottas is because his car is damaged and was holding Max up even.

Last edited:
Gotta love how delusional Vettel fans have become. Apparently that Ferrari crew member having a problem with his gun was a deliberate act of sabotage.

Other than that, great race for Leclerc out driving his car again. Vettel probably could have gotten into the points without those pit stop errors. Better luck next time I suppose.

Gotta love how delusional Vettel fans have become. Apparently that Ferrari crew member having a problem with his gun was a deliberate act of sabotage.
Every misfortune that befalls Ferrari or one of its drivers is part of a grand conspiracy to prevent the team from returning to its rightful place as the undisputed ruler of Formula 1, according to one section of the tifosi or another. This, along with death and taxes, is one of the few certain things in life.

That conspiracy theory falls apart once you realize sabotage requires at least some level of competency.

Ferrari: gets fifth on a speed-oriented track with the worst PU by far.

Social Media: hyperbolic post Ferrari bad, sBinitto clown honk honk give me likes.

At 1:50 of the F1TV feed today they showed Montoya's overtake of Trulli back in 2001:

tamburello.jpg

I actually got to ask Montoya (through Peter Windsor) about that very overtaking maneuver :D

My question is here (the video is set to start at 4:35).

Mercedes: "The Best Or Nothing"

Never have truer words been spoken. Gottlieb was onto something all those years ago...

Thought I saw 28 seconds gap when Lewis put that final 1 minute 17 lap in before the call. He would've come out ahead of Bottas. Certainly split him and Max.

Correct, HAM was 28.457 ahead the split second before the VSC was announced. BOT had already been told he was 1s behind on the delta to HAM. It would've been tight and obviously dependent on the pit stop speed but chances are he was going to come out ahead anyway, especially if he went another 2-3 laps and eeked the gap even further which was probable without the VSC.

NzveaTL.jpg

Last edited:
Back