Formula 1 Emirates Grand Prix De France 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 192 comments
formula 1 max GIF by Red Bull Racing
Where did you even find that?!

Very good race at a quite bad track, Both Max and Lewis had great drives.

Mercedes had a bit of a shocker, and what happened to Ferrari?!? 🧐😬

Danny Ric was on fire the whole race. Great results for both McLaren drivers, and Lando is once again in the points.

Mercedes and Red Bull look relatively equal in terms of performance. Hopefully it stays this close for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
What an excellent race at Paul Ricard. The battle was already on and it promises to be a very good season!

Overtaking and winning on track is the best there is.

Last edited:
What happened to Leclerc? I only just noticed he finished 16th...

Also, when did the forum change? Everything looks a bit different 😶

The McLarens looked really strong.
Up to a point. I thought this as the commentators were saying things like "McLaren have a really fast race car".

They were best of the rest, and certainly the car was quick and kind on its tyres compared to everyone behind them, but considering they finished 5th and 6th and on the same strategy as everyone except Verstappen (and Bottas's head), Norris was a minute behind the winner, and Ricciardo a minute behind the worst car of the lead two teams.

Mercedes and Red Bull are so close to each other now. And McLaren, Ferrari, Aston Martin, AlphaTauri and Alpine are close to each other too. But there is an ocean between the two groups.

Then there's Alfa and Williams. And then there's Haas.

This was a good race considering the bad rep this track gets. Red Bull and Max paying the Merc back for that move in Spain.....I like this! I'm really hoping this level of competition goes on to the very last race of the season.

I know this is still just round 8 but if this keeps going this way, Red Bull will take the constructors championship. Perez is becoming more consistent in the RB giving them that solid second driver they needed while Bottas in the Merc is just going through some up and down phases....The WDC though, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This is a really neat and clean design for the site....I quite like it!! 😃

This was a good race considering the bad rep this track gets.
That was mainly due to the tension of the chase though, the actual racing wasn't anything special.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it far more than the last two French races but the track is still not great for proper racing with these cars. Without DRS there would be very little going on.

EDIT: Also that's race ten in history with no DNFs.

Last edited:
That was mainly due to the tension of the chase though, the actual racing wasn't anything special.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it far more than the last two French races but the track is still not great for proper racing with these cars. Without DRS there would be very little going on.

Even with the DRS it was very poor. Hamilton, Verstappen and Bottas* kept their distance without too much trouble. The difference in tyres made all the difference.

*Bottas once again cracked under light pressure.

Last edited:
Bottas cooked his tires by following Hamilton and Verstappen closely. No wonder his front tires were finished, in hindsight he should have held back a bit at this stage. At least he put up a fight against Max though, Hamilton pretty much gave the place away.

Last edited:
There were fights across the entire grid. Paul Ricard finally delivered!

Mazepin found a way of running in front of Schumacher for the entire first stint and still finished 30 seconds behind...

Still impressed with the gap Hamilton lost during the pit stop (inclusive in-lap/out lap). About 4 secs even with a 'slow' RBR pit stop for Max.

Bottas cooked his tires by following Hamilton and Verstappen closely. No wonder his front tires were finished, in hindsight he should have held back a bit at this stage. At least he put up a fight against Max though, Hamilton pretty much gave the place away.
Let's be honest, Max was getting past before the end of that lap even if Lewis had defended. He was risking a flat spot had he a tried to outbreak Max into that chicane with an even tighter line. No reason to delay the inevitable with Perez catching.

Good race. Still baffled why they didn't pit Bottas when Perez took him though.

Last edited:
Good race. Still baffled why they didn't pit Bottas when Perez took him though.
Probably didn't want to risk more rage from Norlfolk's Finland's maddest man. "Now you ****ing pit me?!".

Last edited by a moderator:
In hindsight, Bottas had two options in defending: do what he did or do what Hamilton did. In either case it resulted in Verstappen passing. Bottas botched it a bit, but his tires were toast and Red Bull had the speed to pass with the DRS.

The fights for 1st, 3rd, and 5th in the WCC are shaping up better than I could've imagined. Gimmie Honda powered cars for 1st and 5th, and McLaren for 3rd, please and thank you.

Racing such a race and receiving that.
Looks like something you would pick up in the track gift shop.

Should Mercedes have pitted Bottas after Verstappen pitted to at least protect against Perez if Hamilton was definitely going for a one stopper?

Anyone suspect Max's issue at the start might have something to do with extra checks on the tyres.......

Latest Posts

Back