Formula 1 Emirates United States Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 199 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 returns to Austin - the scene of some of the most exciting Grands Prix of the last few seasons. Passing is possible all over the track, and battles usually last about 7 corners on a track which Tilke appears to have got right - for racing at least. Lewis Hamilton is the master of this track, which will come in handy as he is on the brink of his 6th Drivers title. The championship in the midfield is as tight as ever, so can anyone try to lay claim to 5th place? We'll find out at the United States Grand Prix.
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.513km

Race Distance
308.405 km

Lap Record
1:37.392 Lewis Hamilton (2018)

Before we get underway this weekend, I think this is an important thing to take into consideration when listening to the team radios during the race;

Attachments

• 5179i3132sv31.jpg
    5179i3132sv31.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 52
I don't mind Lewis' radio messages...as they're almost always based on a genuine concern. Do we need to hear them? Eh, probably not, but it's F1/Sky and they want to hear from the top driver's radios.

It's a far cry from Vettel's two-season long stint of "why is this other driver on the track!?" constant actual nonsense. Which, by the way, I'm glad he's cut down on - or they're simply not airing it. He was up at Grosjean levels of bitching for a while there.

FP1 is underway and I think we can take Sebring off the mantle of "bumpiest track in America". It looks awful out there. The worst is the large bump in the middle of the high speed Turn 18, but the pit exit has a dodgy one and there are so many more terrible bumps.

FP1 is underway and I think we can take Sebring off the mantle of "bumpiest track in America". It looks awful out there. The worst is the large bump in the middle of the high speed Turn 18, but the pit exit has a dodgy one and there are so many more terrible bumps.

Magnussen describes it as a "jump" rather than a "bump", and it seems to keep knocking the Haas MGU-something offline. I hope the track surface is up to the load it's going to get this weekend.

Wow.... Ted just asked if the XII on the helmet means Texas is the 12th state. Never heard of the 13 colonies? Idiot... lol

Sorry, I thought the knowledge that we started as "the 13 colonies" was a more widely known fact. 👍

Wasn't the 13-colonies bit technically British history? :sly::P

It was, as a part of the British Americas and West Indies colonies, but British colonies covered more than half the globe. Unless you took history as a specific subject and had the European Americas on your curriculum there's no reason why a Briton should know about the specific history of those thirteen colonies.

I agree that Kravitz is an idiot but I think his knowledge of Minor British Colonies of the Eighteenth Century is a poor benchmark for establishing that :D

Perez missed a weighbridge stop in FP2 and was given the default penalty - he will start the race from the pitlane.

Wow.... Ted just asked if the XII on the helmet means Texas is the 12th state. Never heard of the 13 colonies? Idiot... lol

Ya, sometimes I gotra remind myself that naming the States in order of them being accepted into the Union is something most people didn't have to go through.

Hopefully drivers don't get crippled by this track. If COTA can't sort it out, likes of F1 and MotoGP should not race there in the future. Wonder if 2021 cars will be worse for drivers at dealing with such tracks...

Soften the suspension and deal with it... COTA is getting to a point where it’s developing character. Let’s not ruin that. American road courses are some of the best in the world due to their bumps, it’s nice to see COTA developing in the same way

Hopefully drivers don't get crippled by this track. If COTA can't sort it out, likes of F1 and MotoGP should not race there in the future. Wonder if 2021 cars will be worse for drivers at dealing with such tracks...

If it's character it's fine. Apparently the worst of the bumps have been ground down overnight, we'll see what difference that makes today.

In other news: Leclerc has just blown an engine.

Was anice FP3 to watch. LeClercs mechanics making overtime and Lando P3. His iracing friend Max was very fast.
Now prepare for quali. In my case that means to check the fridge

Bad news for chico fans. Sergio has been knocked out in Q1, behind Russell. I'm not sure what exactly happened.

edit: Nevermind, forgot about the penalty.

Last edited:
None were on hot laps, that was out laps judging by how close Verstappen was to Hamilton around T18. It was probably a bit like Monza where it got close to the flag time maybe?

Really there isn't enough context in the clips to actually ascertain what that was all about and who was at fault.

Back