Formula 1 Eyetime Großer Preis von Österreich 2018

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 304 comments
Spectacular crowd scenes at the Red Bull Ring - pretty impressive that a single driver can command such a following, and what a place to win his 1st race of the year. Glad to see Ferrari finish without swapping places - clearly they have learned a lesson from history!

Easily the best GP 2018 for now!

Verstappen did a fantastic job saving the tires, didn't expect Mercedes to lose both cars. Ferrari did not swap Raikkonen and Vettel, nice that they kept it open! Haas 4th and 5th. Ericsson and Leclerc both in the points. Alonso regaining many positions, Force India back in the points again.

I need fresh air!

The band playing the Overture to Carmen have managed to get out of time which each other!

What do you have against him? Sounds like a personal problem
Lol nothing personal. His fans are worse to deal with than Hamilton fans and I’ve never been a fan of people who have had things come easily to them in F1 (Max, Lewis, etc.)

Merc well, Bottas water leak last weekend, Perez no water pressure last weekend, Lewis some issue this week, they might be in trouble.
Good race even despite the Merc failure. Regarding VSC, could see why Mercedes thought other teams wouldn't double stack though. What goes around, comes around, it will comeback to them sooner or later.
Impressive tyre management from Ferrari, might be a worry for Merc.

Still great job from Max, no lock ups, no slides, clean all the way to flag, he and RBR earned it.
Two Saubers in points.
Alonso P8 from pitlane, impressive

adb
Merc well, Bottas water leak last weekend, Perez no water pressure last weekend, Lewis some issue this week, they might be in trouble.
Good race even despite the Merc failure. Regarding VSC, could see why Mercedes thought other teams wouldn't double stack though. What goes around, comes around, it will comeback to them sooner or later.
Impressive tyre management from Ferrari, might be a worry for Merc.

Still great job from Max, no lock ups, no slides, clean all the way to flag, he and RBR earned it.
Two Saubers in points.
Alonso P8 from pitlane, impressive

Considering RBR had been good to tires as well before this, I'd say it is just 20 degree higher temps than see on days prior. I'm sure there isn't a massive tire issue, since all the cars that weren't Ferrari or Haas had bad tire degradation. And even Grosjean and his race engineer were laughing about how bad his rears were probably going to look as he was coming in post race.

Lol nothing personal. His fans are worse to deal with than Hamilton fans and I’ve never been a fan of people who have had things come easily to them in F1 (Max, Lewis, etc.)
What a way to exhibit such a lack of knowledge!

Taking off the orange tinted glasses for a moment, but this is the sort of drama F1 needs.

Mercs gone poof. Merc with the failing strategy. RBR not flawless. The hardest tyres not hard enough. Vettel screwing himself.

Can we go back to Austria next week?

That was the most interesting race so far this year for me. Funny things going on with reliability and tires, some mixed up strategy, passing here and there, points swings, and questions going forward. Also, Raikkonen brilliant, and Ferrari takes the lead in the constructors race! Wow! Oh, and nice to see Max so calmly deliver the goods on those sketchy tires. Finally, a very scenic race and what looked like a truly massive spectator turnout.

They need more beer in Spielberg

DhBuQk_W0AATCXT.jpg

Back