Formula 1 Gran Premio De La Ciudad De México 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 177 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After the barnstormingly brilliant United States Grand Prix, the circus travels south and up as we head to the annual high-altitude Grand Prix in Mexico City. The low atmospheric pressure of 2235m above sea level means Monaco levels of high-angle wings for Monza levels of downforce and usually the highest top speeds of the season. The stadium section is always bouncing, and with home hero Sergio Perez on two wins this season for a team which has already won both Championships, this has certainly got to be the best chance of a Mexican home victory since the Rodriguez brothers the circuit is named after. Who will get to celebrate on possibly the best podium of the season at the MEXICO CITY GRAND PRIX!
image.png

First Grand Prix
1963​

Number of Laps
71​

Circuit Length
4.304km​

Race Distance
305.354 km​

Lap Record
1:17.774 Valtteri Bottas (2021)​

Guess I'm not the only one who feels like the remainder of this season is a dead dog party. Even the media seems to be struggling for talking points with the championships settled now.

Guess I'm not the only one who feels like the remainder of this season is a dead dog party. Even the media seems to be struggling for talking points with the championships settled now.
There's always FACC...

We've still got the excitement of the Red Bull cost cap punishment being announced tomorrow. That'll certainly be a talking point.

I'd love to see Perez win this weekend as I'm sure every F1 fan will want to see, but I wouldn't want to see him gifted a win, would be all the sweeter if he can go and beat Verstappen fair and square. Fancy Alpine as a bit of a dark horse here though, reckon one of them will be on the podium.

I'm still hoping Haas will debut a new decal on their cars in honor of them being chosen to get a special flag waved for them most races.
1666930548660.png

Especially when other cars in worse shape don't get it.

I would like to see everyone clear lap 1 before the carnage starts for this one though.

idk, I just like watching the cars go fast, it doesnt have to be a championship battle up until the last race for me to be entertained

Classic FIA, going the wrong way and muddying waters yet again.

Why use a simple flag and tell people when they're not safe when you can let them decide, then decide if their decision was right after the fact?
Terrible choice to limit the B&O. Haas have been screwed by it, it's only fair to keep the ruling that strict and enforced for any front wing which flaps for more than a lap until the end of the season. There's only three races left, change it to being more lenient after the season for 2023 onwards if they're going to get scared of a vital flag.

Again the wrong decision is made.

@Jimlaad43

It seems strange that the use of a flag is being reduced, I consider the flags to be part of a marshalls toolkit to keep the drivers safe. When there is an incident, the yellow flags go out, but is it at the marshalls discretion when the black and orange goes out, or does an instruction come from the clerk of the course?

I've only ever been to Knockhill for the touring cars so unsure of the correct terminology for international events.

@Jimlaad43

It seems strange that the use of a flag is being reduced, I consider the flags to be part of a marshalls toolkit to keep the drivers safe. When there is an incident, the yellow flags go out, but is it at the marshalls discretion when the black and orange goes out, or does an instruction come from the clerk of the course?

I've only ever been to Knockhill for the touring cars so unsure of the correct terminology for international events.
Black and Orange is directed by the scrutineers and race control to be displayed to decided drivers by just the Chief Flag on the finish line.

Latifi a second away from Q2, and the last driver into Q2 a second away from Hamilton in first...

Also Schumacher and Vettel run identical lap times. Both get knocked out though.

6 hundredths between the top 5 in Q2?!

Bring on the battle for Pole!!!
And 0.014s between the top four! :lol:

Edit: Trapdoor Gasly being a big whiny bitch again.

Last edited:
I kinda want george to work his magic on Max, so we can have a great fight between Lewis, the Ferraris and Checo for the win instead of Max just blasting off into the distance

Back