Formula 1 Gran Premio De La Ciudad De México 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 177 comments
Most wins in a season? Congrats.

Very surprised Perez didn't creep up on Hamilton.

I honestly thought Mercedes would pull through towards the end.

Stoked for McLaren. Was angry at Daniel for a bit, but he did well to get that 10 second gap.

Almost forgot Ferrari was there. Pretty sure I saw a couple red cars somewhere, a couple times.

Ricciardo as DotD is a bit weird after his questionable move
To be honest I struggle to note any memorable performances, so that was the only one that stuck out after he made a few overtakes on the softs.
If they did in the end, I missed it :dunce:
They were talking about it a bit towards the end, but he did get it on the last lap.

To be honest I struggle to note any memorable performances, so that was the only one that stuck out after he made a few overtakes on the softs.
I gave it to Ocon, who had one amazing lunge. Ricciardo did indeed have an otherwise great drive, and it's not undeserved. It just feels a bit weird

Which gets followed by the season anticlimax at Abu Dhabi...
With the chaos of the championship last season, what everyone missed was that the changes they made to the circuit worked a treat and we got proper racing at the track. Abu Dhabi was always a problem because the layout didn't allow racing, but we saw plenty last season, so we can only hope that without championships to muddy the waters, we can actually see the circuit finally shine.

I was really hoping for Red Bull’s medium tires to die so we could have a spicy race on our hands, but nope.

Sergio looked devastated after that one.

Last edited:
I gave it to Ocon, who had one amazing lunge. Ricciardo did indeed have an otherwise great drive, and it's not undeserved. It just feels a bit weird
I didn't vote. I struggled to think of anyone. Ricciardo was not an option due to that incident.

Last edited:
Congrats to Max for a new record.....if that's not called total dominance, I don't know what is. Mercedes dominated F1 for the last 8 years but I can't help but think it was nowhere near that level

I hope he does somehow still get his yearly win in
Unless Max has a mechanical failure, not a chance. Last two races are showing RB's tire wear is so good that they can go a compound softer than everyone else. Then they just have to hold in the first stint and break away afterwards.
After last season… this has been a very very boring F1 campaign. No drama and the races haven’t been entertaining.
Those new regs sure are working, aren't they? All these changes and we still have the same old formula as before with just a swap of teams. Ferrari was absolutely nowhere today and everyone else is a kilometer behind.
Congrats to Max for a new record.....if that's not called total dominance, I don't know what is. Mercedes dominated F1 for the last 8 years but I can't help but think it was nowhere near that level
It feels more dominant now because Perez is more like a Bottas than a Rosberg. There's not even an intra-team fight to get excited about.

I love how of all the times possible, Ricciardo decided now's the time, when he has no seat next year.

Hell of a drive though. Showed Gasly how tanking a penalty is done :lol:

Last edited:
Ricciardo will probably be back to his usual for next race.

Toto did mention that the mediums lasting that long surprised them and that a soft-hard combo wasn't considered. Still Verstappen had the pace, so I think Mercedes would have needed a bit of luck to beat him.

It feels more dominant now because Perez is more like a Bottas than a Rosberg. There's not even an intra-team fight to get excited about.
I don't think Perez is like Bottas at all.....at least there were races, although few, where Bottas was genuinely quicker than Lewis and he won those on merit.....Perez on the other hand cannot match Max at all. He's only won races where Max wasn't in the card at all for the win otherwise Max would have either pass him or the team would just tell him to let Max pass.

I agree we had no good intra-team since the Lewis-Rosberg era, but at least during those Mercedes years, there were always signs of some competition for Lewis in the form of Vettel and Ferrari or Max and Red Bull and on few occasions Bottas....but this time though, nobody has an answer for Max and Red Bull, not even his own teammate. He is completely in a league of his own. I really hope Mercedes get on top of their cars next year so Lewis and George can get in the mix and give Max some real challenge. Otherwise this "guaranteed" dominance will make for some seriously boring seasons for the years to come.

I complain about Shane Van Gisbergen winning more races than anybody else in one season but I don't complain when Max Verstappen does. There must be something wrong with me.

Using certain words as a means of self-deprecation shouldn't be an issue but anyway.

Last edited:
I complain about Shane Van Gisbergen winning more races than anybody else in one season but I don't complain when Max Verstappen does. There must be something wrong with me.

Using certain words as a means of self-deprecation shouldn't be an issue but anyway.
this season has been such a buzzkill after last year honestly lol

Max setting consistent 1:22s for every single lap in his entire Medium stint.

rdt_20221031_033842177bffj.jpg

Mercedes strategy calls were poor should of listened to their drivers, I felt bad for Russell he must of been fuming after seeing what Ricciardo did on those softs pretty much a yawnfest allround best part about it was the Mariachi F1 theme song.

Mercedes strategy calls were poor should of listened to their drivers, I felt bad for Russell he must of been fuming after seeing what Ricciardo did on those softs pretty much a yawnfest allround best part about it was the Mariachi F1 theme song.

yep sooo boring and frustrating to watch.

Max setting consistent 1:22s for every single lap in his entire Medium stint.
yeh really cool to see super consitent driving.

Interesting to look at RIC's lap times over his 25 lap stint on softs to finish
  • fastest lap 1:22.022 was 22 laps before then end and his tyres still held well to end
  • 15 laps in 1:22.x
  • 5 more laps under 1:23.5

I thought they should have given Russell the soft with 25 laps left - on low fuel it would be easy quick to the end
given other cars easily ran 25 laps heavy with them at the start

would have have made up the 30 sec on Perez of a pitstop plus 6 sec? maybe - would Perez just have been pitted to cover?

maybe but that would have opened a gap that Hamilton could have jumped onto the soft also and chase down Max who would have had no tyres left at the end... but then as soon as Hamilton pitted then RedBull would have stopped Max for some fresh tyres too... so it was really just that Mercedes were not fast enough.

I would have liked for them to try at least one car onto a different strategy.

instead we get boring.

Latest Posts

Back