Formula 1 Gran Premio de México 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 115 comments
Everyone could clearly see from his onboard already that he didn't lift while Bottas was clearly visible in the wall and yellow flag out. He's just being honest about it, what's wrong with that? Is he supposed to lie about it and say he didn't see Bottas or the yellow flag? Now that's just stupid in my opinion.

I see your point but I think people are getting at the other stupidity - seeing a car that's crashed heavily and not lifting off.

New Max is a very good driver, this was Old Max.

Doesn't say much for F1 if Max did actually incriminate himself as the data they have access to is there and you don't don't need data, you simply watch the qualifying to see it's a slam dunk penalty.

I find it hard to believe there wouldn't have been an investigation or that Ferrari wouldn't have said something to prompt an investigation if Max said nothing or was never asked the question.

If I'm Max I'm expecting the data to be looked at then given a penalty so there's no point in lying. If he said he lifted, Ferrari would want to know if he did at all or how much when clearly shown to the world he didn't.

Eventually someone would get hurt/killed.
They did, in 2014. It's the same thing I pointed out with Hamilton's crash in Germany this year. He needed a massive punishment for it which was never given out.

Is Bottas still starting in P6? Haven't gotten an update on the race yet!

EDIT: just saw it. He is still starting P6!

Last edited:
Mexico is always good for a chaotic start.
Leclerc was super lucky to not get a puncture from the contact with Vettel

Bonkers start shuffling the Mercs and Verstappen back a bit. McLarens and Albon big winners. Ferraris both hit each other too at T5.

Now its its up to Albon to show what he can do. Would be brilliant if he'd get his first podium (or even a win).

Lando can't catch a break!! He was doing so well too! :ouch:

Albon doing everything he needs to keep that seat in 2020.

I don't know who's having the worse weekend - Max Verstappen or the poor McLaren mechanics suffering from Montezuma's Revenge....

Another case of Formula One being boring towards the middle, but potentially exciting at the end. I with there was enough to keep me glued to the screen. I wish they would interview more team leaders on what they are doing just to give us an idea of what's going on in terms of what's going on in their mind, as well as their worries.

I don't particularly like Horner, but I do appreciate how much he agrees to speak to commentators.

Back