Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken D’Italia 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 595 comments
All that free space and they all leave at the exact same time. Well done...

True dat.

Just as I did this time last year I still defend that that's just how it is, the cars need the tow or there's no point running a lap. With that said this is beginning to seem far more dangerous than the racing, perhaps we'll see a return to the one-shot lap format just for Monza? I'm torn between the two.

Imagine how this will be on Bahrain Outer. Another very high speed circuit, but a lot shorter.

That will be the most chaotic qualy ever

Sainz is on fire, holy crap. That said, now Leclerc is out. Both Ferraris are now out. Un-🤬-believable. :(

True dat.

Just as I did this time last year I still defend that that's just how it is, the cars need the tow or there's no point running a lap. With that said this is beginning to seem far more dangerous than the racing, perhaps we'll see a return to the one-shot lap format just for Monza? I'm torn between the two.

I think they could've just released some guidance on drafting like teammates can't be within 5 seconds of each other on the straights. This format is good.

In all that mess, Bottas managed to do a 1:18.9xx. Without party mode! That car is fantastic
Was it without party mode? Q3 stints slower. I guess now they turned off or at least turned down party mode. As Q3 engine mode has to be the one to start the race with.

Was it without party mode? Q3 stints slower. I guess now they turned off or at least turned down party mode. As Q3 engine mode has to be the one to start the race with.
As I understand it needs to be fixed after FP3

No party mode and Merc still almost a second ahead of the pack!

Red bull not even on the second row....guess they are paying for their protest on party mode?? :lol:

RP & Mclaren faster than Red Bull, beware what you protest boys... supreme drive from Sainz better enjoy it while he can...

Enough that a Racing Point & a McLaren beat Max? :eek:

No party mode and Merc still almost a second ahead of the pack!

Red bull not even on the second row....guess they are paying for their protest on party mode?? :lol:

Red Bull being slow has nothing to do with party modes.
They are always slow on high speed circuits, and RP and McLaren have been pretty close all season. They were always gonna struggle to get on the second row here.

Yeah, Albon qualified in 8th last year and the other teams have closed up. Ferrari dropped back. It's not clear that party mode had an influence on RB's performance.

Back