Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken D’Italia 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 595 comments
Red Bull being slow has nothing to do with party modes.
They are always slow on high speed circuits, and RP and McLaren have been pretty close all season. They were always gonna struggle to get on the second row here.

Yes nothing to do with party modes... So why have the qualified behind RP & Mclaren then...

Is the post-qualifying show still on? ESPN cuts away mid-sentence back to their stupid American sport nonsense

It seems the ban of party mode made things actually worse... good grief
Hmmm, banning something everybody has had no effect. What a surprise.

This quali session was pretty much as expected. Party Mode ban slowed everyone down equally, traffic was a nightmare and Merc fastest. That 3rd place podium box needed a quick sanitisation to remove Verstappen's permanent germs to allow Sainz to touch it :lol:

Do not expect to much action tomorrow after first lap. But it is not the longest race.

(Nothing else to do anyway since I am locked in a hotel room in Taipei, Tawain due to crazy Covid quarantaine rules overhere, until the 17th)

Watching F1 on Fox overhere with Chinese commentary is at least interesting. They where a lot more exited as the qualifying actually was.

(Luckely Gran Prix Radio works here for some Dutch commentary)

Hope the mid-pack race is as entertaining as qualifying. Merc. likely flying to the moon and not looking back.

Do not expect to much action tomorrow after first lap. But it is not the longest race.

(Nothing else to do anyway since I am locked in a hotel room in Taipei, Tawain due to crazy Covid quarantaine rules overhere, until the 17th)

Watching F1 on Fox overhere with Chinese commentary is at least interesting. They where a lot more exited as the qualifying actually was.

(Luckely Gran Prix Radio works here for some Dutch commentary)

Just get the F1 app

Hilarious possible outcome of the week;

Sainz gets a podium in the McLaren and then doesn't get one at all next year in the Ferrari.

What a timeline...

Hilarious possible outcome of the week;

Sainz gets a podium in the McLaren and then doesn't get one at all next year in the Ferrari.

What a timeline...

I think he's scored more points this year than he will get next year.

Yes nothing to do with party modes... So why have the qualified behind RP & Mclaren then...

I'm not sure if you're trying to say that it is or isn't to do with party modes, but the fact remains that Red Bull's car always has more inherent downforce and struggles more at tracks like Monza and Spa while finding itself flattered by places like Spielberg. If you look at last year's quali times you'll see pretty much the same thing (Monza '19 Q3 problems excepted of course).

I see you promoting the app more often. I only have had (and hear) bad experiences with it.
So I do not use it anymore until it is working properly.

I wouldn't say promoting. But you can literally watch F1 at any time and any place.

The only downside is that it does not resume play from where you left off, and there's no good skip function. If you want to skip 10 sec ahead etc.

Other than that it works just fine.

So when people are whining about their cable channels providing subpar coverage, it seems like the obviously choice to me.

I wouldn't say promoting. But you can literally watch F1 at any time and any place.

The only downside is that it does not resume play from where you left off, and there's no good skip function. If you want to skip 10 sec ahead etc.

Other than that it works just fine.

So when people are whining about their cable channels providing subpar coverage, it seems like the obviously choice to me.

F1 TV Pro is not available in many countries though. I'd rather watch anything but Sky Sports but I've no other choices in the UK, other than the one race a year Channel 4 can air in full live.

The doctors and nurses who've been invited to the circuit are in the little grandstand overlooking the startline, all of them sat in-between the cardboard cutouts :lol:

Back