Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2016

• Thread starter shoemaker
  • 798 comments
Hamilton praising the hell out of Ricciardo.

Ricciardo also says "two races in a row I've been screwed".

Ricciardo is not a happy man. Pretty scathing there.

I'd still like a gif of the Riccardo Hamilton incident, the picture posted before shows Lewis didn't do anything wrong, don't know why but at the time I was sure he blocked him un fairly.

He was called in??????? What! The! 🤬! ???

At a guess they couldn't decide which compound to choose and the discussion between the pit wall upstairs and the mechanics downstairs was too slow.

Dans mood is different cuz last year and 2014, the Red Bull was nowhere near the Merc. Finally their car is as fast and his team screws him over in the pits. I completely get his frustration

At a guess they couldn't decide which compound to choose and the discussion between the pit wall upstairs and the mechanics downstairs was too slow.

Yeah I don't think it's clear cut in both cases, Dan'c car sliding was after the block was complete, He let go of the throttle to not hit him.

Checo's stock continues to rise. Still don't think he's WDC, but he might make an excellent 2nd driver for a top team, especially with his ability to manage tires, which makes him a shoe in for running alternate strategies.

Great race, and a great performance by LH - and kudos to Rosberg/the team for letting LH race for the win... maybe could have been a few laps sooner, but still it was a tough call and will make up a lot for the unfortunate incident in the last race. I thought LH?Merc had maybe made a mistake putting the Ultras on instead of the Soft or Super Softs, but LH made it work brilliantly - very well done to win the race, and great strategy.

A pity for Ricciardo - I thought he was upset at LH and the stewards for not taking action after the incident at Turn 11, but obviously he is considerably more pissed at Red Bull... he is raging, and his comments are going to make for a very uncomfortable atmosphere within the team this evening.

I've previously said that I don't see Ricci wanting to leave RB...but after these last two races, it's tough to imagine Ricci can't be considering other options

I think Ricciardo handled that interview very well. Better than I would..

Interestingly, didn't say anything about the block. Unless I missed it.

But I'd be pretty pissed about that pit stop, as well. That's unforgiveable on a world-class team like Red Bull.

Interestingly, didn't say anything about the block. Unless I missed it.

But I'd be pretty pissed about that pit stop, as well. That's unforgiveable on a world-class team like Red Bull.
To be fair, if he started talking about specifics I think expletives would have followed.

Yeah I don't think it's clear cut in both cases, Dan'c car sliding was after the block was complete, He let go of the throttle to not hit him.

To me it's that there was a gap but he was coming at it from an angle and then had the wiggle.

eAq9oJL.jpg

rZHiBfm.jpg

R9Ikt21.jpg

aG1gxRz.jpg

Zh0i8DH.jpg

The gap is always there, but Ricciardo is not square onto the straight, he's still coming at an angle from the chicane. Correct decision for me, and he obviously lost time by cutting the chicane, not gaining it, so correct there as well.

To me it's that there was a gap but he was coming at it from an angle and then had the wiggle.

eAq9oJL.jpg

rZHiBfm.jpg

R9Ikt21.jpg

aG1gxRz.jpg

Zh0i8DH.jpg

The gap is always there, but Ricciardo is not square onto the straight, he's still coming at an angle from the chicane. Correct decision for me, and he obviously lost time by cutting the chicane, not gaining it, so correct there as well.

Valid points, My issue is with Lewis still steering to the right (obviously to gain traction and not lose time) And Riccardo let of the throttle to avoid contact. Is this legal enough, probably but just about. Bit dirty though in my opinion (you can see the second picture Dan steering more to avoid contact). Would love to hear his opinion on this.

"In a tricky race, the cream rises to the top" - Damon Hill

Really? Rosberg has brake issues and let's Hamilton past on team orders, and Ricci has a 10 second pit stop due to a colossal screw up....Damon, just shut the 🤬 up.

He isn't wrong though. Yeah Red Bull screwed up majorly but Mercedes and Hamilton didn't.

eAq9oJL.jpg

rZHiBfm.jpg

R9Ikt21.jpg

aG1gxRz.jpg

Zh0i8DH.jpg

The gap is always there, but Ricciardo is not square onto the straight, he's still coming at an angle from the chicane. Correct decision for me

Agreed. As far as I'm aware, there isn't any rule against forcing a driver onto some wet tarmac.

Back